Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whats your story?

Martial Joe Guest

Whats your story?

Whats your story?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Have you guys ever had some one come up to you and ask you realy stupid questions about Kung Fu or just martial arts.Here is my story...
    ...I was standing with my friends and a kid in my school name Bodan Larue(thats his real name)
    Well he was asking everyone to punch him in the stomach.So everyone would punch him in the stomach and he would say that didnt hurt(hes a very odd person)Well after everone punched him in his big gut he asked me to.I said no,and he kept begging me.So I hit him lightly in the stomach and I hurt him.He came up to me today and asked me if I knew karate.I said no,then he started naming all these different martial arts.He even said Judo.And I replied with kung fu because he wouldnt go away.Then he started poking me asking me if I knew the death touch.I told him no,and that that stuff was BS.I laughed and he said that it wasnt BS because he saw it on a tv show.He said he didnt know the "touch of death".He said he knew that because he would have killed me when he poked me.I gave him a puzzled look and walked away.Later on I just started laughing about it to myself.

So did any of you guys/gals have something silly like this happen to you?

Joe Kavey

Koing Guest

lol...

man are you serious??? how old was that guy? man hes a odd then...

I've had no problems at all with it...but most people assume I did some MA before I did as I'm asian so most people have this stereotype that all asians guys did!..and I always told them no I don't do any Karate (why is it that karate is the first to everybody???) and so on and I'd go no. But now I go I do Wing Chun:)

"Bye 4 now; not 4 ever"

Martial Joe Guest
    I dont know,maybe he is 14/15? I am still in school,I am not a man yet.
    I knwo that anoys me how everyone thinks you know karate.Karate is the word of people who dont know any martial arts.
    But my o my is this kid odd.His name fits him just right.He is tall and goofy looking.He has a big gut and kida hops around.The only thing I dont like about him is he cuts himself.He showed my friends today...

So any other stories?

Armin Guest

Hehehe!

Hi Martial Joe!

Nice story!

Yes, in my "carreer" as teacher I had several stories like that. Here's one:

One day a student (about 14 to 15 years old) said, that he heard of a special technique that causes the @nus of the enemy to open spontaneously and asked if I knew that technique!?

I think that most people still believe the stuff they see in movies (someone remember Jacky Chan's "cat-style"?).

Armin.

JasBourne Guest
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> One day a student (about 14 to 15 years old) said, that he heard of a special technique that causes the @nus of the enemy to open spontaneously and asked if I knew that technique!?

[/quote]

Isn't that the secret technique where you put a .45 to your opponent's temple and start giggling like a demented lunatic?

Watchman Guest
    Yes, it's called the Reverse Pucker Factor&trade;.

The discharge of "chi" from this devastating move is usually enough to stop most attacks (well, it will at least garner a look of digust from your attacker). :eek: :D

nickle Guest

hahaha

yeah the @nus thing seems to work quite well jas..lol, especially if your naked (red meat joke sorry)

ive also had people chat to me about the death touch and stuff. weirdos...

anyways i know this guy called anthony and he is all into tai chi... anywyas this guy seriously, and i mean seriously thinks he can "expand his chi ball" (you know the thing with holding a chi ball in your hands and playing with it) to the size of where he's holding his arms completly outstreached...he told a freind of mine, and said..watch! and then a second later, he had a fiery ball of chi about the size of a small table!
    lmao
    dodgy guy...oh well

-specialization is for ants-

kungfu cowboy Guest

Hey Watchman!

Reverse Pucker Factor: that's rich! :D Where do I find me one of them there trademark keys? Do you have a special keyboard? :confused:

(I seriously need a life.)

Watchman Guest
    No, you don't need a special keyboard. Jas, the master of Internet Chuan&trade; schooled some of us on how to make those nifty symbols.

The html for it is:

trademark: & trade ;
    regitered tm: & reg ;
    copyright: & copy ;

all the above without spaces. For example, you could trademark Watchman by typing in the following:

Watchman & trade ;

all without spaces.

Watchman&reg;

kungfu cowboy Guest
    Thanks oodles, Watchman!! :)

(I seriously need a life.)&trade;

nightair Guest

lol

you guys are all hilarious in a good way of course.
    I hate when people say "what if I do this ...." that is so annoying. :p

kungfu cowboy Guest
    Its just that like wing chun itself, wing chun people are so cool! ;)

(I seriously need a life.)&trade;

Martial Joe Guest
    You got the right idea...

Martial Joe Guest
    You guys are slackers.I know all of you have been asked stupid questions and have a story...

ATENG Guest

sorry martial joe

no stories...

but when people find out i'm taking a MA they always ask me if its karate. then when i say wingchun they ask what that is and if its similar to karate. then they proceed to throw a punch at me which i ignore and then they all go, "oh, where's your kungfu at? huh?". or i'd get the, "what would you do if i did this?" good grief...

---------------------
    Its all fun and games til someone loses an
    eye. Then its just fun.