Thread: kung fu shoes...

kung fu shoes...

Hey, does anyone know where one might pick up a pair of those yellow aasics uma was wearing in kill bill vol. 1?

I went to aasics website and could not find the all yellow ones with black stripes.

i like to wear converse onestar for kung fu.

go to any trendy shop in your city and expect to pay up the ying yang for a pair of those shoes
    If a pipe hits you and no one is around, would you make a sound?

I got some adidas kung fu shoes, which are nice, but I really like those aasics. I think they may have been custom made to match the bruce lee looking yellow jumpsuit for the movie.

BILLY’s x Vans Authentic “Kung-fu” Pack

BILLY's Outfits Vans Authentics in Traditional Kung-Fu Jackets
    Complete with distinctive frog button laces.
    FOOTWEAR
    10 Hrs ago
    By Charlie Zhang

Japanese sneaker retailer BILLY’s has unveiled a special collaboration with Vans – the BILLY’s x Vans Authentic “Kung-fu” Pack.

Taking on a mold that borrows some design specifications from Vans’ Slip-on silhouette, the sneaker is outfitted in the shape of a traditional Chinese kung-fu jacket. Three frog buttons appear at the top in place of laces next to elastic collars. To complete the sneaker design, Japanese Katakana is placed at the rear quarter of the midsole as a cheeky nod to the Kiai shouts employed in martial arts.

The BILLY’s x Vans Authentic “Kung Fu” will be available at BILLY’S physical store in Nagoya on June 29 in colorways “Black/White” and “Navy/Gum” for approximately $74 USD.

In other related news, Converse has unveiled its sustainable “Renew Initiative” via Chuck Taylors.

BILLY’s x Vans Authentic “Kung Fu” Pack
    Release Date
    June 29, 2019 - 12:00 am EST (TBC)
    Price
    74 US

I do like the design styles of Vans, but they just don't fit my feet well.

That being said, I don't think Chinese 'frog' buttons would work that well for shoes. They work great for shirts and jackets, but shoes need adjustable laces.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart