Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Washington DC - San Shou!

endless bouts of ground-based dry-humping. (just messin MP)

don't worry bmorebanga, I think MP is ok with the endless of amounts of ground humping or as they call it, dry humping. They also prefer to use "copious" instead of endless.

he knows where I'm comin from
    I don't mind watching good neiwaza
    what does get kinda boring is ground n pound/lay n pray...
    sanshou's appealing because of the reasons listed by ST00
    it covers a decent amount of the mma stand up skillset, it's exciting, and fun
    the only muay thai guys i've ever seen complain about it have been online hardliners, and their experience with it (and fighting in general) has been questionable.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

I don't mind watching good neiwaza
    Sometimes even good newaza can be boring as hell.. ex. watch someone like Sperry who is so methodical compared to someone dynamic like Sudo.
    Fairfax Jiu-Jitsu

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Muay Thai, Capoeira & Mixed Martial Arts

Yah but Sperry versus whatsisname (the Russian dude, Zinoviev)in Extreme Fighting Challeng: Battlecade.... that match was a lot of grappling and it was still NUTZ!

I've only seen a few seconds of Yoshida's newaza and I think that would bore the crud out of me. When the gracies go against each other (like training clips) it's entertaining, but Royce spending an hour huggin on some dude (Shammy) for dear life in the early UFCs= not cool.

I guess I"m saying I like the rules for standing fighters up when there's not much action. But I think san shou is inherently designed for some pretty exciting fights (tho there are exceptions).
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

more new san shou teams, mmmmmmmm..... fresh meat
    He11 Yeah!
    Fairfax Jiu-Jitsu

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Muay Thai, Capoeira & Mixed Martial Arts

Thumbs up

sorry i'm late......... it's about time something solid got jumping in the area.............KK owes me a beer......
    "pain is not my enemy; it is my call to greatness. " - Henry Rollins

Baltimore San Shou

WWW.NLPF.NET

“The only undefeated fighters are those who do not compete.” – Coach Sonnon, MMA.tv