Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ching Gung

If ching gong is real, where does your mass go when you "activate" it? I mean, nobody here actually believes that you become lighter do they? It seems absurd to even consider. There is no referent in the natural world and in fact it would violate all relevant laws of physics.

So, if it is not to be taken literally, then is it just a lightening of the step? If so, it doesn't seem so mystical.
    The cinnabun palm is deadly, especially when combined with the tomato kick. - TenTigers

Well, uhhh, yeah. If all the weight is on afew fingers and the wall, that's pretty light skill, but I am not a shaolin or ching gong expert. In Taiji you must keep the hips, groin, and lower back absolutely relaxed, with you leg muscles screaming in pain, heavy legs, light body. Taiji is ching gong maybe, or maybe not, or in other words what I'm saying is , that if a style or school does indeed have ching gong practice at the advanced level, the beginning level of that school will have some preliminary ching gong in it. Just like Taiji is based off mediation, with the second set built off the first set, and the weapons based off of, and even the same internal and external movements as the hand form. That is why people say Taiji is not about technique, it doesn't matter arm striking, kicks or knees or shins, shuai chiao, qinna, or even weapons, the dantien energy defines the fighting sequence, like in this video using a staff

http://www.brainsalad.com/mov/clip06.mov

IMO only it takes lightness to be rooted, and it takes rootedness ( or more accurately being sunk down ito root) to achieve internal movement of the center, without much visible movement. See the internal although the bigger guy is the better guy. But I think it is pretty clear the principles of IMA are rooted in ancient qigong schools, and that is my main point which has caused some people to not like me. You see, on some forums, people say there is no internal skill, and internal is just a word Taiji people use to sound more special, and it all comes down to simple biomechanics which all styles have, and those are the views considered to be correct by those forums. I know, however that internal skill is real, and even sometimes only vivsible in it's effects on the opponent
    Last edited by backbreaker; 04-27-2004 at 09:13 AM.

Greetings..

My mentor laughed when i asked him to step on the scales and show me "light-body".. he said "you dont get it".. "you become the scales", "you and the scales are one thing", but it will still read 125lbs (G'Master Chan Pui).. i have seen him stand on an inverted styrofoam coffee cup without crushing it.. and walk along a 6' long flourescent light-tube without breaking it.. he said to become what you are attached to.. a light-tube can't break itself, a styrofoam cup can't crush itself.. it sort-of makes sense, but.. getting there is the trick.. Chan Pui has numerous stories regarding his "light-body" skills.. one account, related to me by an eye-witness, regarded a challenge in Boston.. as was the custom, the challenger had to match 3 tests before the challenger would be granted a "match".. 250 "side to sides", 20 tam tuis per leg.. the challenger was tired but completed the first 2 tests.. then, Master Chan walked up to the second floor and jumped out the window to the street below.. the challenger shook his head and left.. Master Chan said it just "light-body " QiGong.. "no big deal".... seems like a big deal to me..

Be well...
    TaiChiBob.. "the teacher that is not also a student is neither"

Rocket ships can fly, but you need the nitro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you have more info about the guy, what style he is, or his training , I would find that interesting.
    He's was an ooooold monk brought in to help lend the Shaolin Temple legitimacy when it was rebuilt. He was sort of an honorary abbot or something. I'm not too sure of specifics, but from what I remember reading he was a master of Emei-Shaolin wushu and was the abbot of a temple at Emeishan.

Thanks Brad. I find that very interesting.

Do you know if there are still Emei/Shaolin monks? I have gone to a TCM guy who claimed to be an Emei/Shaolin monk, and all I know is he was really good at acupuncture; unlike other acupuncture, and especially unbeleivably good with external qi.
    Last edited by PHILBERT; 04-28-2004 at 06:07 AM.

"Well, I don't really care, but Buddy is full of bs, wants me banned from here and his views are outdated, so these falun gong threads are retaliation kind of, for him dissing me"

But you have never addressed my points, have you Michaelangelo? I don't want you banned anymore because I'm certain that it's obvious to everyone by now that you are a loony.

"I know what qigong is about, but many don't seem to."

No, No you don't. I offered to show you with no fighting.

"I'll admit, the way I normally talk can sound rude or angry to some people. "

Wacko, not just rude, but down right bonkers.

"But I meant qigong is about higher abilities, rather than just exerscise, not that special abiltities is the point of the practice, but that is what qigong exercises do in practice, and what you are practicing, even if it's not the point. So I don't at all beleive in this qigong is regular esercise stuff, no way. You can disagree with anything you think isn't in line with your beleifs or whatever, but I don't beleive it doesn't matter what school of qigong you do

Uh, is there a coherant thought in here?

"Interestingly enough, I have been told in wild goose that there are 3 disciples only, and if I'm not wrong only the son of Yang Meijun has inherited the whole system, if I'm not wrong the other 2 disciples are Michael Tse and Binkhun Hu. SO Li HOngzhi knows his stuff when it comes to discipleship in the tao school of qigong, which as far as I know, has no connection to Lao Tzu"

So are you wrong or not? So you are mearly guessing. So you have no basis for an opinion. You do know that Laozi was a made up guy right?

"If you and Bai He are so tough, why is it he can beat me up with only one year of training."

As much as I would like to say it's because of what I teach him, really its just cause you're an internet puss. He's a regular guy whom, when push comes to shove, shoves back.

So in 5 years Bai HE is like gonna be unstoppable huh?

I guess thats up to him although I doubt seriously that is his goal.

Was he a boxer before he did IMA?

Maybe. Why?

"The image of many qigong masters in the past was of them sitting on a lotus leaf in a pond, and many visualisations invloe seeing yourself siiting on water and a lotus leaf."

I'll just leave that one. Are you sure you taking your medication? What's the frequency, Kenneth?

Your trolling skills are poor. I know what qigong is about because I learn wild goose and qinway. The three disiple thing was just told to me a couple days ago, I didn't get into it. Michael tse I was told is one disciple, on his website says he knows over 40 of the 72 sets, bingkun hu I was told is one of the 2, and I've read that Yang Meijun's son knows the whole system

So you know some 16 move neigong form or something like that? You can move you organs around and people would feel it if they touch you?

Edit: Start using the edit key and don't post 3 or 4 replies in a 5 minute period.
    Last edited by PHILBERT; 04-28-2004 at 06:04 AM.

Do you know if there are still Emei/Shaolin monks? I have gone to a TCM guy who claimed to be an Emei/Shaolin monk, and all I know is he was really good at acupuncture; unlike other acupuncture, and especially unbeleivably good with external qi.
    I don't know. I have a good friend who lives at Emei, but we never talk about martial arts. She did say there's lots of kungfu in the area though, and there's quite a few temples too. I'll have to ask her about it next time we talk...

Hmmmm

Sorry but Buddy's "Whats the frequency Kenneth" quote has me almost emptying my bladder with laughter.
    Top quote mate top quote!!!
    " Don't confuse yourself with someone who has something to say " - The Fall

" I do not like your tone/ It has ephemeral whingeing aspects " - The Fall

" There are twelve people in the world/ The rest are paste " - Mark E Smith

"So you know some 16 move neigong form or something like that?"

No.

"You can move you organs around and people would feel it if they touch you?"

Yes.

"Your trolling skills are poor."

Because I'm not trolling Donatello. I'm simply exposing you for the wacko know nothing who should not be listened to when you spout your nonsense. Thankfully you are sending that message out for me. But hey, stick to your wild goose or wild turkey, and your falun dofu. It's fine with me. Leave my name out of your rants is all.

Falun gong is simply superior to what you do, and thre's no need to learn your stuff anymore since you can do real qigong nowadays. Anyone saying otherwise, is simply making baseless accusations, I'm not the one saying falun gong is fake. You are simply arrogant , who like I said, mainly does san shou chasing hands drills like Markus brinkman, and there's higher level qigong out know. James mcNeil Nitro burner stylist

Anyone saying falun gong is fake , does not know what they are talking about, and like Buddy, does some lame neigong. Qigong develops high vibration, powerful energy, you can develop powerful healing energy, and you can develop long distance healing abilty, but clearly the people heare cannot do long distance healing. Haha, I've clearly shown I practice superior methods to those members here. You're a wannabe expert, but qigong simply goes beyond your understanding of it, and that's the simple truth, is that qigong is for real period, and so are the abilities gained in it and meditation. Meditation is what it's all about, the high level, and falun gong IS THE BEST MEDITATION you are gonna find, period, you can do the meditation parts for a long time if you want, it's so convenient for people. Everyone practice falun dafa, and leave buddy in the past

And don't underestimate the neigong of falun gong. Many moves involve internally stretching and releasing, expanding and contracting, opening and closing, as well as internal waves. Try it for yourself
    Last edited by backbreaker; 04-28-2004 at 12:29 PM.

Originally posted by Buddy

But you have never addressed my points, have you Michaelangelo? I don't want you banned anymore because I'm certain that it's obvious to everyone by now that you are a loony.

You have no point to adress. You think qigong is simply exersice, when it goes way beyond your shallow understanding

"I know what qigong is about, but many don't seem to."

No, No you don't. I offered to show you with no fighting.

You offered nothing. You're long ways away, and I'm not going that far to see you, when there are qigong masters around. You clearly show a shallow understanding, and an arrogant know it all attitude

Wacko, not just rude, but down right bonkers.

"You simlpy, are for one, old, and for two, you just don't have a remotely high level understanding of qigong and meditation. You talking about qigong is the equivalent of the people on the main forum, or bullshido, talking about the limitations of IMA, and saying IMA can't fight. Huess what, it's you bullshido is talking about most of the time.

Uh, is there a coherant thought in here?

Re: yeah, I was responding to blooming lotus, it must suck to be at your skill level at your age, when bl has more to say than you. I mean, OMG, you're bad

As much as I would like to say it's because of what I teach him, really its just cause you're an internet puss. He's a regular guy whom, when push comes to shove, shoves back.
    I'd knock you out, like any IMA chasing hands guy. You have no right to challenge me, ever since all your buddies had the mindboxing crew banned from EF. I had a $500 dollar challenge put up to any IMA guy whocan beat a really good MMA guy, but you don't qualify because I would want someone who fights and actually spars, let alone having THE REAL INTERNAL. I'm not interested in chasing hands guys, I'm interesed in high level qigong ( the source of IMA) and the real internal.

Here's an idea. Put your stuff on video on the internet, with full explanations for free, like Master Li Hongzhi does. You got alot of talk, but no video.
    Last edited by backbreaker; 04-28-2004 at 11:05 AM.

Uhhhh.... what the hell? What the hell are you talking about? BackBreaker, holy ****, there are plenty of people who would fight you or compare chigung skills with you. You just go on with this whole "that offer isn't valid anymore" ****, or you ***** about only comparing skills with "real" highlevel people. This leads me to believe your a little wuss bag who is too scared to step up, which is fine as long as you aren't going on about these "high level skills" and "cosmic vibrations" you love so much. If you really have skills that are beyond us, PROVE IT. Either in an actual fight OR, as Buddy offered, comparing chigung skills. Since you're the one claiming all this wild **** you're the one that needs to prove it. Wheres your video?

RM,
    I'm glad you liked it. I didn't know if anyone was old enough to remember that one.
    Nancy,
    "Falun gong is simply superior to what you do, and thre's no need to learn your stuff anymore since you can do real qigong nowadays."

Falun gone is fake.

"san shou chasing hands drills"

Which aspect of Gaoshi Baguazhang is this?

"and you can develop long distance healing abilty, but clearly the people heare cannot do long distance healing."

long distance healing ability...right.

"Haha, I've clearly shown I practice superior methods to those members here."

You've clearly shown you are a loony.

"and that's the simple truth, is that qigong is for real period,"

real period? Oh I get it. You don't understand punctuation OR qigong (or baguazhang).

"Everyone practice falun dafa, and leave buddy in the past"

Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

""You simlpy, are for one, old, and for two, you just don't have a remotely high level understanding of qigong and meditation."

Do you have any idea what sentence structure is, Nancy?

"I'd knock you out, like any IMA chasing hands guy"

Oh, good. When and where. I make a pretty good living, I'll fly to you. You should have any trouble with an old man right? You're what? Seventeen?

"I'm not interested in chasing hands guys, I'm interesed in high level qigong ( the source of IMA) and the real internal."

It wasn't hands I was concerned that you were interested in chasing, Nancy. The source of internal martial arts is superior body mechanics, not qigong.

"Here's an idea. Put your stuff on video on the internet, with full explanations for free, like Master Li Hongzhi does. You got alot of talk, but no video."

Exactly which IMA does this guy do? So by this crazy "logic" anyone who doesn't have a video or charges for one is fake? Does your dad know you're up this late?
    Last edited by Buddy; 04-28-2004 at 04:41 PM.