Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: does Clf have ground fighting?

Masterkiller, it's actually quite surprising what you can do with your teeth. If you bite their nipple off, only the toughest fighter will keep going as if nothing has happened, and you can do a lot of damage to the structures in the neck. If you read Geoff Thompson's stuff he details how he ended one fight by biting his opponent's finger off. Also, I wouldn't be blaise about being bitten, most human bites require surgery.
    Sevenstar, that was a bit of a non point. Nothing works if you don't practice it. However, if you practice to be able to apply your CLF Chin Na and Shuai Jiao on the ground, then surely it is CLF ground work?
    Fu Pow and K-no, if you lie on your back and do Hok Ma with both legs, you have a guard. If you do Horse stance face down on the floor you are in a mount. Cross stance teaches you to grapevine. CLF forms contain a whole host of chokes, arm locks and leg locks. As Sevenstar says, these have to be practiced to make them work, but they're definitely there.
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

Originally posted by MasterKiller
    How many arms have any MMA people here broken in class? How many ankles?

actually, I've seen it happen in class and in tournaments. A guy in my class was on the receiving end of a heel hook and got his acl popped. The guy that did it came from a school that worked those alot, and my friend didn't tap in time. I've seen a collarbone broken in a judo tourney, a bicep torn, arms popped (mine was one of them - wasn't broken, but tore some stuff). I popped someones knee with a throw in a judo tourney - he tried to fight the throw, and when he did, I extended his leg, but did it at the knee - it popped as I threw him. When dealing with such dangerous techniques at a high speed, accidents happen.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

If someone bit my finger off, I think I would kill them on principle alone.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

You don't have much experience of trauma. Shock, pain and primordial defence mechanisms will effectively take the fight out of you. Not to mention it'll be d*mn hard for you to fight with a freshly amputated finger.
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

Originally posted by Ben Gash
    You don't have much experience of trauma. Shock, pain and primordial defence mechanisms will effectively take the fight out of you. Not to mention it'll be d*mn hard for you to fight with a freshly amputated finger.
    People fight hurt all the time. You can overcome the pain and the shock to finish the job if you are hell bent on it, and I think having my finger bit off would stiffen my resolve.

I might react one way, or I might react another. Guess we won't know until someone bites my finger off.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

Originally posted by MasterKiller
    People fight hurt all the time. You can overcome the pain and the shock to finish the job if you are hell bent on it, and I think having my finger bit off would stiffen my resolve.

I might react one way, or I might react another. Guess we won't know until someone bites my finger off.
    Let me say from experience that you can in fact continue fighting. And yes, you are mighty ****ed off about the whole thing.

on the floor or not

ground fighting is a very important thing to know.

as someone said, not all fights go to the floor but 8 out of 10 will.

if anyone of you have been in a real battle you know it will go to the floor. you may get put in a head lokc and flipped onto the ground, or you may get rushed by your opponent, and if he happens to get a hold on you it is definetly going to the floor.

have any of you heard the street terminology of getting "dipped"?

it means that if whoever you're fighting gets a hold of your body you are going to be slammed to the ground, and thats where it starts.

i have rarely ever seen a standing fight end in a standing position. they usually end with someone giving up, getting knocked out or even killed. i am a stand up figther because of my martial arts. but all through my growing up in the mean streets of san francisco's mission district (16th and mission) i got into at least one fight everyday. and it always ends up on the floor.

so don't think anyone here is invulnerable, because even the smallest person can get a big dude on the floor.

groundfighting is a very important part of street survival and i believe if any one says differently has never really had their ass kicked before.

sifu X
    Fight to win!!!

Blog Entries
    Wow you got in fight every day! You must not have any teef left!!