Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 2 drops of pee

Re: here is a statistic for you AP

Originally posted by The Willow Sword
    8 times out of 10 the guy with the gun aims for the head.

Peace,,TWS
    1) Where did that stat come from?! I thought the police were trained to aim for center mass. Higher percentage shot and all that. Or don't the police constitute the largest number of people pulling guns on other people? (Did someone poll the gangstas or something?)

2) What does that have to do with my question?
    When you assume, you make an ass out of... pretty much just you, really.

8 times out of 10 the guy with the gun aims for the head.
    Knife guy is 20 feet out and on the move in, you're saying that you're going for a aimed head shot? At this point you may only be able to get off hip shots or shots below the shoulders.

Quick primer on point shooting.
    Last edited by rogue; 04-22-2004 at 03:47 PM.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Knife guy is 20 feet out and on the move in, you're saying that you're going for a aimed head shot? At this point you may only be able to get off hip shots or shots below the shoulders
    Well for one there are 7 shots to a clip in most guns maybe 12 depending on what you are using. so he is 20 feet out and on the move in,,,,i draw and fire i am aiming for his head(actually i am aiming at the top of the chest and firing as i am backing up and letting the bullets travel up. 2 or more of those shots are gonna hit the face and head,,,,,dont you guys ever go to a shooting range? i fired a p-38(which is a sh!tty gun) with a 7 shot clip at a moving target coming towards me. i had to draw and fire, i think that the target was 25 or more feet away and moving at a runners pace to me. i got 2 shots to the chest and the rest hit the face. and that was my first time ever firing a real gun at an indoor shooting range. id like to thank atari(duck hunt)
    time crisis 1,2and3 as well as house of the dead 1 and 2. oh yes and my excursions a few years back with the wonderful art of paintball, for giving me a heads up.(haha the instructor just rolled his eyes when i told him that, LOL)

great article on point shooting by the way.

oh and Apoweyn? i wasnt referring to the police officer in my last post i said the GUY with the gun.
    Peace,,,TWS.
    Last edited by The Willow Sword; 04-22-2004 at 04:22 PM.
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

actually i am aiming at the top of the chest and firing as i am backing up and letting the bullets travel up
    Backpedal, backpedal!!! Watch that control big guy, letting the gun travel up also may let it travle to the left.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

hey rogue that was a cool link.

what was real cool about it was that when i took my practical small arms course, I was taught to shoot in an alternative targeting method that did not make use of the site or silohuette of the weapon.

Basically the deal was simply to point the weapon like you're pointing your finger and squeeze.

No bead, no one eye, no look down the arm, just point like ya point at a barn LOL.

surprisingly enough, with a handgun, the method totally works!

Of course as distance increases, I have to agree with what was said in the link that you have to increasingly rely on finer tuning, using the site ultimately etc. But then at really long ranges a hand gun becomes virtually useless without advanced knowledge of ballistics lol.

cheers
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Glad you liked it. Some, not all, knife guys think that they could beat a gun from 20 feet out. Some can but it's not a sure thing. One thing missing from their equation tends to be shooting from the hip and the not having to be in a weaver, triangle or any other stance or needing a sight picture when shooting close. No guarantees that the shooter will win since their are so many variables, what caliber, is it ball, is it high velocity, and once things get real close trying to retain the thing. There are just so many variables in any fight even more when weapons are in play.

DM

99% of unattributed statistics are pulled from between the citer's buttcheeks.

This post is an excellent example.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

Talking chang style novice?

well i didnt pull my statistic from my buttcheeks,,,,,i got mine from a movie.

PEACE,,TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

I'm sitting here trying to remember precisely how I felt last night as I was driving home from work. It's difficult to recapture the next morning, but the crux of it was this:

I was upset about this debate. But not (ultimately) because I think Kung Lek is being unreasonable. And not because Willow Sword is pulling unsubstantiated statistics from movies. But because the whole thing is so flipping trite. And I'm trite as a result.

I'm 32 years old. And I can't come up with something in my life more important to get riled up about than some article by a man to whom I owe no allegiance whatsoever? Nothing more important than arguing with some guy over the internet just for the sake of arguing?

When people hear I'm involved in martial arts, they take me for some deeply philosophical sort. Part scholar and part badarse. But that's not really true, is it. I don't feel like a member of a community of highly developed individuals. I feel like a guy sitting at a keyboard desperately trying to get his thoughts recognized. And resorting to bickering and sniping to do so. This isn't what I signed up for. I have a hard time believing it's what any of us signed up for.

I've been told that I can't spar anymore. And so what? I'm left with this?

No thanks.

I've always thought that forum "goodbye" posts were pretty insipid. This one included. But there are people here I consider friends. (I hope those people know who they are.) Doesn't seem right to just disappear.

I'll check my PMs if people want to exchange email addresses and keep in touch. But getting into arguments that end up being about as gratifying as firing a nail gun at my d*ck isn't how I intend to wrap up my martial arts career. It just isn't.

Stuart B.
    Last edited by apoweyn; 04-23-2004 at 07:15 AM.
    When you assume, you make an ass out of... pretty much just you, really.

You're absolutely right, Ap...

Sometimes the arguments I get into on here make me feel like a stupid kid arguing with a bunch of other stupid kids.

Still, you are one of the people on here who generally contributes something valuable, so I hope you come back, at least from time to time.
    The cinnabun palm is deadly, especially when combined with the tomato kick. - TenTigers

Whatever you do, Ap, be well.
    BreakProof BackŪ Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

Dude, it is about time you woke up! lol

I'm happy I could provide the catalyst to your epiphany.

see you around, I'm sure you're not done just yet.

Now, let's move on to red5, hahahahahaha.

cheers
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Talking apoweyn?

YOu should now change the caption underneath your signature pic to
    " Too Funky for these forums"

PEACE,,TWS

oh and i was kidding about the movie thing.

Hey apoweyn, no reason to disappear man, just keep things in perspective. I can take the brunt of looking like an ass and being filled with angst, I do it pretty well. You can hang out and be the strong english buddha figure for some of these girls. Anyway, who's going to balance out my attitude?