Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2 drops of pee

stating the bloody obvious does not count as "logic".
    Kung Fu is good for you.

agh a link to sifu limar davis's website. i know some people who trained underneath him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Lamar wears those cool baggy weightlifter sweats from the 80's!

and he always, always grimmaces in a threatening way when he backfists his photopose mates.

is he the 2nd or the 3rd Lamar Davis? I can never remember what with all the Lamars running around and what not. anyway, i think he's teh 2nd, which would be "Jr." wouldn't it?

His whole trip is teh straight blast, although he may call it a hundred things, that's his thing, the straight blast. Every time i see a pic of him, he's doing a straight blast. even that article is straight blast, again and again and again. yeesh, you would think it's the only technique in the world or something! There have got to be a bajillion counters to that straight blast stuff now. Most people are far and away from linear stepping these days there is a little thing called a 45 degree angle and as well the is a counterpunch and i have yet to see an effectively grabbed wrist at the apex of a thrown punch.

A press? sure, a full on grab? i doubt it.

ok is it just me, or has www.kungfuonline.com become about the goofiest martial arts site ever? lol, reality is the furthest thing it has to offer.

I feel sorry for the legit guys that get sucked into placing an article or two into that heap of nonsense.
    Last edited by Kung Lek; 04-21-2004 at 06:37 AM.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

he's the 2nd one. he has a real thick accent form the tapes i have seen of him. of course he was bigger back i the day too. kungfuonline? i didnt see one thing about kung fu on there. maybe cause i was on there for a whole 30 seconds. i saw all modern street application things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Originally posted by Kung Lek

dude, you can't view jpegs on your pooter?
    Dude, yes I can. But I also possess the miraculous gift of literacy. Read the words (those strange hash marks appearing around the pictures).

The article doesn't advocate knife vs. gun any more than a picture showing an empty handed person defending against a baseball bat advocates going bare handed against large impact weapons.
    When you assume, you make an ass out of... pretty much just you, really.

stating the bloody obvious does not count as "logic".
    it does when someone like you doesn't actually read the article, but sort of skims the pictures and decides to try to be funny - and fails, instead just looking like an idiot.

ah, my traditonal detractors step in and voice their usual iterations of defense for the banal that they think is reality.

lol.

You will always be there for me guys and I appreciate it.

I did read the article, i looked at the pictures et al. It's nonsense and he is merely trying to justify some pictures of himself. I have serious doubts about the guy from the article and the info he's giving.

He is making claims about knife fighting knowledge when it is highly doubtful he's got any real exprience with knife fighting at all.

His uncanny lack of scars on his arms is the first clue
    But the nonsense pictures where he is infering that you have any sort of a chance at all with a blade vs a gun is just pure and utter nonsense.

perhaps you gentlman need to "skim" that sucker again?

lol

cheers

p.s, Ryan is yet another example of "reality" guys out there who co-opt from the traditional martial arts and become "founders" of new and better systems!

bah, most of these guys are bunk. One or two are legit and you can find a great deal of their stuff in the tarditional arts.

Now, it's all fine and dandy with me if you don't want to learn traditional martial arts and opt for "reality" stuff. But, if you aren't a cop, or if you aren't a soldier who will immenently face h2h (which is highly unlikely these days) then what exactly is your goal and objective of learning this stuff?

something to think about as you ponder putting on your cape and heading out to save the world with your newfound fight club skills
    Last edited by Kung Lek; 04-21-2004 at 07:53 AM.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

perhaps you need to do something to increase your reading comprenhension, and your overall intelligence? He's discussing what- if's. Bu tI guess being canadian your more apt to lay down and take it if someone is threatening to kill you.

god you really are a lame a$$. Can I pay you to just shut up on a more permanent basis?

red, you can always use teh "ignore" option

or you can continue to get flustered by my common sense.
    the option is yours oh hater of canadians.

personally i think you're just jealous of us. But feel free to cry about anything you need to cry about. I understand it's cleansing.

toodles
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Originally posted by Kung Lek
    ah, my traditonal detractors step in and voice their usual iterations of defense for the banal that they think is reality.
    Reality has nothing to do with it. If you think the article is arse based on what it actually says, great. Good times. But deliberately misrepresenting what's there just so you can come off as superior is just sad.

You will always be there for me guys and I appreciate it.
    What happened to you?

I did read the article, i looked at the pictures et al. It's nonsense and he is merely trying to justify some pictures of himself. I have serious doubts about the guy from the article and the info he's giving.
    He's not in the pictures.

He is making claims about knife fighting knowledge when it is highly doubtful he's got any real exprience with knife fighting at all. His uncanny lack of scars on his arms is the first clue
    How many real staff fights have you gotten into? You still demonstrated staffwork in your video.

But the nonsense pictures where he is infering that you have any sort of a chance at all with a blade vs a gun is just pure and utter nonsense.
    Why would a guy within knife range and holding a knife stand no chance against a guy with a gun? Seems to me that while it's a sh*tty situation to be in, it's hardly a foregone conclusion.

A while ago, I did a tour of the NSA cryptography museum. It had a display about a Native American soldier who, during World War 2 earned the medal of honour for going back and rescuing several of his fellow soldiers. Killing several enemies along the way. The last two with a knife. Yes he got shot. But he defeated two gun-wielding (machine gun wielding) opponents with a knife. And yet you think it's pure and utter nonsense.

Not mythical accounts from mist laden lands of legend. The second world war.

perhaps you gentlman need to "skim" that sucker again?
    You've not made a single reference to what the article actually says. Only the pictures. So spare me.

ap, i don't make outrageous claims of training for the streets.

Nor am I trying to come off as superior. That is your perception bud. I can't stop you from interpreting the world as you wish to interpret it though. so there you have it.

presupposition seems to be the name of the game though when it comes to you guys bashing what I say.

I think i could say "the sky is blue today" and somehow, someone would jump in and go up one side and down the other of the thread with a million reasons why the sky isn't blue.

hahaha, that's cool.

I'm not here to do anything for you guys anyway. I'm here to read about others kungfu training methods, their experiences and so on and I'll be the first guy to step in and point out that high school wrestling and backyard brawling is NOT kungfu and not even close to it.

cheers
    Kung Fu is good for you.

ap, i don't make outrageous claims of training for the streets.
    no but you did apparently grow up in a orugh neighborhood, where you spilled blood and had yours spilled Or mayeb you've forgotten about that?

Nor am I trying to come off as superior.
    KL is right, he is not coming off as superior, he is TRYING to come off as superior by posting a thread designed to ridicule this mans ideas.

I think i could say "the sky is blue today"
    that would of course be quickly followed by some reference to some vague theory about some US government agency/personnel making the sky blue for strictly monetary means.

I'm here to read about others kungfu training methods,

and ridiclue them to try to look superior.

I'll be the first guy to step in and point out that high school wrestling and backyard brawling is NOT kungfu and not even close to it.
    This is a prime example of why you are a dumb a$$ and why you got the most votes for being booted of this forum - you don't pay attention, and don't seem to listen very well either. No one, first of all, has every claimed grappling, or high school wrestling is kungfu that I know of except you. Wrestling is a martial art, and kungfu has, and should have grappling in it because grappling, is martial skill. No matte rhow much you hate to admit it publicly, it's a part of what we do kung lek, so suck it up and stop whining.

Presupposition? That's the best you've got? You railed a guy for asserting something he never says. And now you're claiming we've presupposed something about you?

Man, I hate that bloody ignore feature. But this is pointless. Say what you want. Good times.

yep, I railed the guy for making inferences that are completely and utterly stupid.

red, I beseech you, please ignore me. YOu are getting boring with your iterations of teh same phrase over and over again.

you really must read some sort of book like device on insults to replenish your vocabulary with a few good ones. You ability is weak, probably as weak as your kungfu. lol But that's just a guess.

And ap, you can't convince me that there is value in that BS. THere isn't and in fact I am of the mind that the overall "reality school" of martial arts is hooey.

There really are very, very few who have any "reality" experience whatsoever who teach this stuff! Amazing!

There are some who fight in the ring and call it "reality" fighting. I guess it's real enough in the ring.

red, you are the type who will take one little point from 1000 and milk it as far as you can. This exposes your own incredible level of dumb@ss.

by the way, the most votes off the island, hahahahaha, tell you what, why don't you personally write to the forum owners and the magazine owners and ask them to have me banned? That would be a "realistic" effort at the very least on your part.

I will be forced to comply with their decision afterall. Make a case!

In the meantime, I read all sorts of things coming from "reality" camps here, but in "reality" they got nothing.

ok, one of you want the last word? I know you do red, it's your prerogative most of the time. I think it's your way of thinking that tells you that if you get the last word you win. Dunno, you're a bit thick that way I guess.

cheers
    Kung Fu is good for you.

lol! did I call that or what, and nice stroke there kung lek, reverting to name calling and getting out of the thread in one post!

red, I beseech you, please ignore me.
    My jihad against your stupidity goes on, when it stops, I'll stop.

Here's the deal tough guy - you wanna talk smack abotu what you do or do not know. About having some sort of tough life back in the day, and talk down to those who don't practice what you do. Let's see you start to put up some solid arguments? Start with this article - argue intelligently about what the guy is talking about, specifics, not your usual basic vague garbage, let's here your specifics, show us what you got there kung lek.
    You wanna challenge the reality guys on ethir style of training or the grapplers on thiers, let's fukking hear it man. Step up and show us what you got in that big ol canadian brain of yours. I'm challenging you Kung Lek to start making sense and start arguing or discussing intelligently for a change. you want to talk smack about all these guys training in ways you don't like, let's here some specifics for a change.
    I don't want to hear anymore of your lies about a tough childhood. It's BS and you fukking know it.
    Your a classic internet tough guy - you make all sorts of claims and try to make yourself look like the shiznat, but you got nothing specific to show you actually know what your talking about, just vague bull **** comments about spilling blood and knowing how reality works or does not work. If you can't walk the walk and talk the talk then shut the fukk up.

As for getting you banned, not interested, all that poll served to do was show everyone that no one is buying your brand of bull**** and the lies and bs you spread are annoying at best. As long as you continue to make an ass of yourself on this forum, I'm happy.