Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2 drops of pee

uh, one could easily argue that you logged on with your 10 different screen names and voted me off the island as easily as you try to argue that "most" people here don't agree with me.

That may, or may not be. I'm not here to be agreed with. Nor am I here to prove my biography. By the way, we didn't grow up with each other, you certainly don't know any more of my personal experience in life than i know of yours. So, your statement that I am lying is thereby neutralized my vilfying rambler friend.

All I can say is that what I know, is what I know. And of that I am certain it is of some value to some people, little value to others and no value to you and those who are like minded.

I am 100% ok with that red.

And perhaps, it may be of high value to some, I really don't know. I'm just here to discuss in a Kungfu community. Yes k-u-n-g-f-u, like the title of the boards says. It doesn't say "reality fighting", it doesn't say "for wrestlers", it doesn't say "for militant Iraqi haters", it says "KUNGFU". ok?

So, if you aren't going to solicit the owners for my banning, which apparently seems to be your objective, how do you suppose you are going to convince me that you are right when you can't even make a tautological approach?/ How Red? Oh how?

please, again, I ask that you ignore me and then my writings here in these forums will never worry your tiny little brain ever again and you can happily and merrily post your own brand of nonsense where you wish.

unless of course that is your whole purpose in being here that is to say, to attack people who see value in Kungfu training and Kungfu associated philosophies and a Kungfu type community.

cheers
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Kung Lek:
    bah, most of these guys are bunk. One or two are legit and you can find a great deal of their stuff in the tarditional arts.
    Nice, Kung Lek: champion of the "tarditional arts"

The cinnabun palm is deadly, especially when combined with the tomato kick. - TenTigers

oop! LOL!

I actually used that myself not so long ago.

Nice catch. It brings about horrible imagery though.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

OH SNAP!!!!

That article was written by teh owner of teh site hahahahahaahahaha.

so i check out his site! and guess what, he's a wrestler, who's grandad boxed, then he went to a karate class an he was enamoured, he then went on to learn and get an instructors certificate in Wing chun Kungfu. Then he stopped training traditional altogether and set up a smaller gym attached to his house and began the "gladiator club" and issued a challenge to everyone who would step in the ring with him.

Then he founded dynamic combat and teh rest if history folks.

man, somedays I wish I was a rich man. If I was, I would be certain to spend a few dollars to get guys like this in a ring with a real boxer like roy jones or Lennox Lewis or whoever fit their weight category. Then we would once and for all finally see how "effective" their marketing plans....er I mean fighting "systems" are.

Anyway, this guy deserves the golden award for 2004!!

cheers
    Kung Fu is good for you.

one could easily argue that you logged on with your 10 different screen names

yes, one could, if one were getting the majority of the votes to be banned, I would see how one would like to argue that

Nor am I here to prove my biography.
    'That's obvious with the lame spilled blood comments you've made. My bet is your not half the bada$$ you fancy yourself. If the way you approach discussing combat is an indicator, my bet holds truth since your approaches don't hold water - for example, pointing out that a guy has studied and appraoches his martial arts in a way you don't approve of, proves nothing but you don't like the way he is doing things. You didn't offer any real sound reasons why what he is doing is incorrect or wrong, you just made a list of things he does, you don't like, then said there you go. Try harder, try again.

And of that I am certain it is of some value to some people, little value to others and no value to you and those who are like minded.
    you offer very little if any value on this board kung lek. Hence the reason your the most expendable on this forum. You make all sorts of off the wall claims, and you discuss strictly from your opinion. never really include any sort of fact or solid framework. It's always, I don't like this so it sucks, or I don't approve of this cause I know it doesn't work. That's of no value AT ALL. Your opinion matters little to anyone here you sad little man, but your just not getting that. I'd feel sorry for you if you didn't insist on cramming you BS down everyones throats and not offering up something substantial to back up your claims. you just don't seem to get the message.

And of that I am certain it is of some value to some people, little value to others and no value to you and those who are like minded.
    Would someone else like to field this one? It's obvious that after all the hammering, his skull is too thick to get it from me.

and get off your strictly kungfu kick you retard. If that were all you were interested in, you'd stay out of the rest of the threads that don't involve kungfu, instead of sprinkling your special brand of dumb around in those threads too. Stay out if you don't like it, how hard is that for you to understand? If your have as level headed or as cool as you like to paint yourself. thats why no one is buying what your selling kung lek, you don't walk the walk and you dont' talk the talk. You say one thing and act another way, you doj't back up what you believe and you don't offer anything of substance, how could that ever be viewed as useful except by a complete newb.

They don't want to learn the hard truths. They don’t want to learn that if you have to quickdraw the blade in your defense, you’re probably already dead or should have done something else like hit them or run.
    KL, I don't see anything really wrong with the article. The pictures are a bad choice because they do seem to have more to do with gun vs knife than what the article is about. I do have a problem with what they are implying by those pictures, the heading should be "big knife beats toy/unloaded gun held away from the shooters body." From some of the training that I've done the knife fighters success against a gun drops off fast when the gun shoots something that will hurt.

I think the only sentence from the article I might take exception with is, "The great thing about doing such training is the ability to learn how to effectively control distance and avoid having an opponent be able to even touch you." If I'm being elusive that means I'm playing for time, which usually works against me. The one thing that I've noticed that actual combatives guys emphasize is end the fight fast one way or the other. I've yet to hear them put alot of stock in footwork like Ryan talks about.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

rogue, as you may already know, and I'm sure you do, and your commentray has more or less expressed this...

the pictures and what they infer are total bupkiss! They completely wash away any validity the article may have had. Along with the whole thing of when teh hell did rick ryan ever get in a knife fight in his life? according to his own bio, he hasn't.

anyway, if a spec ops guy wrote something about knives, I would read it and learn.

If a military member who had active service recounted a tale of his experiences bayoneting some poor chap in the paddys somewhere, I would read and learn.

If a guy who came of the streets or out of the prison system with some marks in his guts and some stories to tell about how a knife is handled in reality, I would read, watch and learn.

If a cop wrote something about his experiences on teh beat taking down some pcp crazed knife weilding freak, I would read and learn.

Prison guards? again, I would read or listen and learn.

However, If Rick Ryan has something to say about it. Your d.amn rights I'm gonna rail him on it! Come on! Come on Shelly! The whole thing is poo poo regardless if he has one or two useful tidbits in there, he has no place writing this stuff at all and should stick to what he does. Maybe he would get a little more respect for that.

red, I haven't read your jibberish yet, but you can be sure I'll get to it
    Kung Fu is good for you.

red

ok i've read your jibberish and have accurately assessed it for what it is.

that is to say, jibberish, wherein you can do no better than make your rant about how you think I am and the world is while calling for support from others, who may or may not exist.

Honestly, "expendable"??Ha hahahahaha! From and internet discussion board? What is wrong with you dude? Did you get touched by an uncle or something?

Have you contributed anything on these boards ever? Except to make fun of people with that dusty old insult you are prone to throwing out like a used kerchief?

I know it took you and your little friends a solid week to come up with "Dumb as dirt" and in some cases, it is funny, but let's let it rest now. Let's move on. Let's get down to talking kungfu.

Can we do that? THanks, I didn't think it would be much to ask for.

cheers
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Exclamation

LADIES LADIES LADIES?!!!! You Kiddo's need to calm down.

this is a Kung fu forum.

I read the article,,here are my views

the greatest advantages of the edged weapon are that it is a touch weapon meaning all it must do is make sufficient contact with you an it will do damage.
    well yes thats true but a gun will do such damage as well and it will be even worse and cause more damage and is quicker than a knife. no brainer right?

Unlike the specific body mechanics required to deliver an effective punch or kick, the blade can come at you at any and all angles regardless of the need for such balance or mechanics
    well so can a punch and a kick but they dont do as much damage as a knife right? another no brainer? and if i remember correctly tanto juitsu has some pretty specific mechanics in it as well.

i read the rest of the article and i have to agree somewhat with Kung lek that to try and teach effective self defense against a gun with a knife is just plain ridiculous. i mean if you advocate that it is stupid to go up against a gun with a knife then why the hell show pics on how you could defend yourself? i mean anyone with a gun when they see a knife in the other guys hand is going to drop them real quick with a couple of shots. case closed. the knife may only work if the guy is reaching to draw his gun and you close the distance and get up on him,but even that is not going to prove effective,,,you will wind up stabbing like norman bates and the guy with the gun will just put the nose up to your belly and unload, yeah both people are going to get hurt but my money is on the guy with the gun,just my opinion.
    kung lek mentioned a glock in his sarcastic post reply,,,,aside from the girl fights going on here between you guys i had to think for a minute about the glock and what it is capable of,,,and i also remember several years ago getting a chance to fire one off,,,,if someone has that type of gun and a the other guy has a knife or even a sword? my money is on the glock,,,,one slight touch of the trigger and the cartrige is emptied before the other guy has a chance to do anything.

the whole point of this is that i tend to agree with Kung lek that the article and pics are not very good,,in fact they are down right comical,,,,i guess my critisms are not going to be as "punk'ish" as KL's are and i can see where you guys get your panties in a bind because of it,LOL.

PEACE,,,TWS
    Last edited by The Willow Sword; 04-21-2004 at 10:57 AM.
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

the pictures and what they infer are total bupkiss! They completely wash away any validity the article may have had.
    That's right, cause when you can barely read, all that really matters is the pictures right KL? Again, worthless input that makes no sense and more dangerous then good.

The whole thing is poo poo regardless if he has one or two useful tidbits in there, he has no place writing this stuff at all and should stick to what he does
    Do you kow the guy? Have you read a thorough bio on him? Does he tell you his life story? Are you honestly saying that because you can't experience a thing, you can't speak on a thing? so your basically nullifying all of those deadly techniques you've learned in kungfu right? cause you haven't killed anyone? Oh wait, I forgot about the neighborhood you grew up in, you did spill blood.

Except to make fun of people
    you mean you?

"Dumb as dirt"
    sorry dumba$$, I can't take credit for it since it's been around for a while. Of course this just leads me back to why I think your entire story is so far, BS. You don't talk it and you don't walk it brother.

Can we do that? THanks, I didn't think it would be much to ask for.
    Nope, as I stated above, as lonbg as you continue to spread your special brand of stupid on this board Kung Lek, I'm going to fight you on it. You obviously don't know politics, so as long as you post on politics, I'll be there. You obviously don't know martial arts or fighting, I mean serious fighting not mental imagery while you meditate, so as long as you talk about that I'm there. I'm pretty sure you can't open your mouth without stupid bubling out so count on me sticking around.

Oh yeah, and Kung Lek, for all the advocating of gun usage and training lately, you shoudl do some research on gun fatalitites vs gun shot wounds. I think you would be shocked, I mean if you actually bothered to read it through instead of just browsing the pictures and then making a fool of yourself on this forum.

you are a small and bitter person red5.

it is unfortunate that you are so vilified (look it up if you need to) by the posts i make and it is interesting that you post a remark into anything I post regardless of the content.

I think it's because you are either:

a) George Bush

or

b) the guy who made the tron costume

But you could also be

c) a Bush campaign kid

I'm gonna guess it's "c" because you've been off your nut and drooling on the threads I'm in for a while now.

That's ok, I enjoy the opportunity to exercise my right to free speech while at the same time countering your drivel and troubled invectives.

Carry on!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

look up irony while your at it kung lek. See, what I find ironic, is that tha answer to your multiple choice question was provided a few times, but as USUAL, you were not reading and so missed it

Is there something I can do to help you shut up perhaps?

seriously dude, not only are you boring and unfunny, you're bitterness is weird and tasteless.

Do you really want to be known as having been the guy whose only posts were insults and attacks on me along with one or two beginners questions about kungfu?

Or would you rather participate in real discussion.

You see, I can participate in teh coomunity of things about Kungfu subjects and at the same time deal with you in the sandbox of banality that you have going on.

Makes no diff to me red, if you want to continue, we can continue until the mods just delete our sh.it.

But don't expect me to stop countering your juvenile nonsense anytime soon.

cheers
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Is there something I can do to help you shut up perhaps?
    yes, stop being a moron, or atleast stop posting like a moron, you might not be able to help it in the real world.

You see, I can participate in teh coomunity of things about Kungfu subjects
    your last two posts have been making fun of someone.

But don't expect me to stop countering your juvenile nonsense anytime soon.
    as long as the dumb keeps coming.

i mean anyone with a gun when they see a knife in the other guys hand is going to drop them real quick with a couple of shots. case closed.
    You might mention that to the gurkhas of Nepal or the moros of the southern Philippines. I think they've been doing it wrong.
    When you assume, you make an ass out of... pretty much just you, really.