Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: '04 Taiji Legacy

Originally posted by PHILBERT
    never seem to be able to find the place when I live just half way across town from it. Stupid ballpark.
    It's just North of the ballpark. Right across the pond.

Yeah, if you like something that looks like it was built in 1920.
    That was kinda the point.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

i doubt ill be going this year, i have a tournament wher ei need the weekend off from work. there are already 2 weekends i need off in july, cant get a third. . anyone going to the wong fie hung tourny in nj or wong 2004?
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Originally posted by Judge Pen

'fraid not. I'm flying in on July 30, but the seminar is pretty intensive. I'm through with the seminar on the 6th and flying out on the 8th. Maybe you could recomend some schools to check out while I'm in San Fran.
    There are too many schools to mention to visit in SF. If you are going to be in Stanford area (Palo Alto) there's always Wing Lam in Santa Clara/San Jose. In SF there's Tat Mau Wong, Doc Fai Wong, 15-20 minutes accross the bay in Oakland there's quite a bit also. Can always head to Chinatown in the AM and catch some Tai Chi in the park.
    The sign over the toilet says:
    "Do NOT eat the big white mints!"

Originally posted by kungfuyou

There are too many schools to mention to visit in SF. If you are going to be in Stanford area (Palo Alto) there's always Wing Lam in Santa Clara/San Jose. In SF there's Tat Mau Wong, Doc Fai Wong, 15-20 minutes accross the bay in Oakland there's quite a bit also. Can always head to Chinatown in the AM and catch some Tai Chi in the park.
    Thanks. Tai chi in the park sounds great too!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Re: No Taiji Legacy for me

Originally posted by Judge Pen
    MonkeySlapToo, I'd be available to meet up August 7 if we can make that work.
    Are you sure you WANT to meet him?
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Originally posted by MonkeySlap Too
    Agh! I'll be in Chicago for my 20 year high school reunion - on August 7th.
    Yay for me!

JP

Maybe you could recomend some schools to check out while I'm in San Fran.
    If you get down to the armpit of the Bay, you can come by our office. We're in Fremont about 40 miles south. Call first, and if I'm available, I'd be happy to give you a personal tour (that goes for any forum members in town, especially if you bring your wallets )
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Re: JP

Originally posted by GeneChing
    If you get down to the armpit of the Bay, you can come by our office. We're in Fremont about 40 miles south. Call first, and if I'm available, I'd be happy to give you a personal tour (that goes for any forum members in town, especially if you bring your wallets )
    woah really? thats good to know and that link reminded me to buy my new broadsword
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Stuff to check out in SF:

Here's where I'd go:

Check Adam Hsu's website if thier guys still meet in Panhandle park on Saturday mornings - they are very good in my opinion, worth checking out.

Visiting Gene Ching is a good idea.

I bet his teachers school at Omei Kung Fu is a good choice.

I'll call my training buddy Vince, he's kinda anti-social, but a great CMA guy....

Gotta say - buyer beware, there is a lot of MA in this town, but a lot of it is what you'd expect.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when they are making a mistake."
    --- Napoleon

"MonkeySlap is a brutal b@stard." -- SevenStar
    "Forgive them Lord, they know not what MS2 can do." -- MasterKiller
    "You're not gonna win a debate (or a fight) with MST. Resistance is futile." - Seven Star

Gene, I won't be available until August 7 (a Saturday). I'm staying at the Hilton downtown Friday and Saturday night, but I won't be able to check in until later that day.

I don't suppose the offices are open on Saturday?

MS2: I'll definately check out Adam Hsu's website and the Omei school. I'm not sure what classes will be running that Saturday but I'm curious to see what I can find.
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

OT for Gene:

Your version of Hero that you sell in your video collection, this is the Chinese version correct? With English Subtitles?
    The sign over the toilet says:
    "Do NOT eat the big white mints!"

All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

Originally posted by Chang Style Novice
    http://sfmoma.com/
    Are you trying to culture up this boy from Tennessee?

I know what I'D do in SF, is all.

Besides getting drunk with some friends I haven't seen in ages, I mean.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

What we would have done in SF:

Early morning - Chinese breakfast at Silver Restaraunt in Chinatown

Morning: Panhandle park - lots of CMA on Saturday morning - followed by goofing around comparing notes.

Lunch: House of Nanking - if you come to SF, you gotta eat there at least once.

Afternoon - some combination of CMA stuff that needs pre-planning. Maybe just a trip to Alameda Air Force base for workout by bay...

Evening - BBQ w/ my students/training friends/family - complete with viewing of worlds worst martial arts tapes.

Oh yeah, and that death match thing would be in there too

Oh well, next time...
    "Never interrupt your enemy when they are making a mistake."
    --- Napoleon

"MonkeySlap is a brutal b@stard." -- SevenStar
    "Forgive them Lord, they know not what MS2 can do." -- MasterKiller
    "You're not gonna win a debate (or a fight) with MST. Resistance is futile." - Seven Star