Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: '04 Taiji Legacy

Originally posted by Chang Style Novice
    I know what I'D do in SF, is all.
    MOMA in NY rocks. We're planning on going back in Sept. maybe. The Ft. Worth MOMA is small, but has a pretty good collection.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Hit the Whitney while you're there, too. I think the Bienniel will still be up. We had the curator down here a couple of weeks ago talking and showing slides, and it looked fu(kin' fantastic.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

Re: Re: JP

Originally posted by kungfuyou

OT for Gene:

Your version of Hero that you sell in your video collection, this is the Chinese version correct? With English Subtitles?
    i bought same version last april in NYC Chinatown. it is the chinese version menus and such in chinese, but it does have pretty good english subtitles. you jsut need to know how to set them up with your remote if you dont know chinese.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

http://www.whitney.org/

Whoopsie! The Biennial ends in May. Well, you should still go.

http://www.whitney.org/exhibition/upcoming.shtml

Looks like the Whitney's gonna be pretty heavy on the Ruscha in September.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

Originally posted by MonkeySlap Too
    What we would have done in SF:

Early morning - Chinese breakfast at Silver Restaraunt in Chinatown

Morning: Panhandle park - lots of CMA on Saturday morning - followed by goofing around comparing notes.

Lunch: House of Nanking - if you come to SF, you gotta eat there at least once.

Afternoon - some combination of CMA stuff that needs pre-planning. Maybe just a trip to Alameda Air Force base for workout by bay...

Evening - BBQ w/ my students/training friends/family - complete with viewing of worlds worst martial arts tapes.

Oh yeah, and that death match thing would be in there too

Oh well, next time...
    Sounds like it would have been fun (except for that death match part). I'll try some of those restaurants while I'm there.

Originally posted by MonkeySlap Too
    complete with viewing of worlds worst martial arts tapes.
    How did you get a hold of some of my tournament tapes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Re: Re: Re: JP

Originally posted by Shaolinlueb

i bought same version last april in NYC Chinatown. it is the chinese version menus and such in chinese, but it does have pretty good english subtitles. you jsut need to know how to set them up with your remote if you dont know chinese.
    LOL...wife just bought it for me...that's why I ask!! LOL...it's all chinese, but I found how to get to the English Subtitles to watch it, haven't yet, but will soon!!
    The sign over the toilet says:
    "Do NOT eat the big white mints!"

My Dad's mom lived in Hayward the later half of her life & we visited her a lot.
    I liked it when they took me to the Exploratorium (near the fine arts museum?? in SF). If it's still there & you have kids with you, it would be fun for them probably.
    Master...Teach me kung fu.

SF

slb: broadswords

mks2: We always like visitors, but call ahead. Here's Tony Chen's website House of Nanking, eh? You DO know SF.

jp: We are open on Saturday but I'm not here (although Margie often is ) Also you might consdier checking out the new Asian Art museum, it's very good.

kfy: It is the chinese version of Hero - I wasn't aware there was a US version yet.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Well I'm not tight with Margie like NP is!
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Talking

hello jp,
    you could check out grandmaster deno salvatera's school (hung sing gwoon)if you're interested just email me (hungsingclf@yahoo.com) and i will give you the contact info. oh and watch out for broadway late nite in chinatown.

There is a small lake in golden gate park called spreckles lake, many taiji people play there, different styles and teachers can be viewed on Saturdays and Sundays 8 am to 11am or so.

If you make it up to SJ area, drop a line. We are a small group that gets together on Saturdays for some push hand play if your interested.
    enjoy life

Originally posted by bamboo_ leaf
    There is a small lake in golden gate park called spreckles lake, many taiji people play there, different styles and teachers can be viewed on Saturdays and Sundays 8 am to 11am or so.

If you make it up to SJ area, drop a line. We are a small group that gets together on Saturdays for some push hand play if your interested.
    Where abouts in SJ do y'all play???
    The sign over the toilet says:
    "Do NOT eat the big white mints!"

Re: JP

Originally posted by GeneChing
    If you get down to the armpit of the Bay, you can come by our office. We're in Fremont about 40 miles south. Call first, and if I'm available, I'd be happy to give you a personal tour (that goes for any forum members in town, especially if you bring your wallets )
    Meh, if I were in the area, I'd be willing to stop bye and meet some of the staff (including you). And by staff, I mean the got qi? girls. And by got qi? girls, I mean Margie.
    I have a signature.

A place called Overfelt Park, It’s a small group, the leaf is headed out to Taiwan for a little while. I should be back by the end of may. Please e-mail or PM for details.

I extend this to anyone up this way intrested the practice of push hands.
    enjoy life

Originally posted by hungsingclf
    hello jp,
    you could check out grandmaster deno salvatera's school (hung sing gwoon)if you're interested just email me (hungsingclf@yahoo.com) and i will give you the contact info. oh and watch out for broadway late nite in chinatown.
    I'll do that closer to the time that I'm leaving. Basically I plan to go grab some breakfast, go to the park, visit Chinatown and some of the tourist areas that evening. I'll be sure to check your grandmaster's school out.