Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: dim mak

It'd be god**** funny with a couple of mates at the bar. "Remember that dude you dim mak'd with the diarrhea death touch? He must still be on the ****ter right now."

so you see my point then............

that's why I say the art is so malicious and why I wouldn't like to teach it to anyone I wasn't sure would use it only when neccessary. I do believe in karma and I wold consider this a result of my actions....ike I said before, having this information has given me new perspective on when it's ok to fight back, and howmuch force is genuinely neccessary...In debating this with myself, I learned to further develop alternatives...throws and takedowns are one of them...disarming smile, or conversation and humor is another...but it's nice to know that if seriously neccessary, I have the means to do what I must.

comprehende

anyway 7...I told you, dim mak has several facets and only one is chart info and study of applications...then there's meridians and qi to understand, physiology and tcm, maybe combat phsycology etc etc...my actual dim mak source I would not like to say, the rest has been cumulative....oh...and i don't know his lineage.....maybe grand master po currently in melbourne

I got taught from some-one who was not an actual teacher and studied independantly pretty hard core....I guess I studies well enough, because I ran it by this taiwanese police-forensics dude I met in my travels ( amongst others here)..and he seemed to approve ....like I said.....many roads to the bohidtree
    Last edited by blooming lotus; 04-27-2004 at 01:20 AM.

Striking points to make someone sh!t their britches can be dangerous in more ways than one!

What if someone attacks you and you hit a point that makes him totally crap himself. He says "Fock it" and tackles you to the ground where you end up rolling around, trying to get away from a dude who has fecal matter dripping outta his pants!! Bleah!

sorry for all the questions, but it strikes me as mighty odd you claim to be able to do in less than one year of training what everyone says take several years to master...
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

lol. Anyways, best way to look like you don't know what you are talking about- is talk about dim mak alot. So if you're gonna speak about what you know of acupoints, think it through very carefully, from others perspective

6. Post

assuming dim mak is effective (it's a stretch for me, but i'll go with it), what's the purpose in being able to inflict many of those ailments? i can understand anything that causes immediate results, but why would you want someone to die a month from now, or have perpetual diarrhea, or atrophy? i can't imagine a dim mak usage outside of self defense, so what's the purpose of giving someone an injury that doesn't affect the here and now, but rather injures them in the future?
    Discussion;
    "Gosh,you really were beaten up bad,were not you?"
    "Oh yeah? You should see him ... in,say a month or so.

Originally posted by SevenStar
    sorry for all the questions, but it strikes me as mighty odd you claim to be able to do in less than one year of training what everyone says take several years to master...
    No drama

that's what I'm talkin 'bout.....go figure that the locals still find me competitive taking into accout my short period of "actual " dim maktraining ??? ...for real.. I think it has a huge deal to do with my relatedstudies...It all ties in together and the rest I've been studying for over 15 yrs...

It blows me away aswell...but It's kept me alive to date and I've seen more than a few hairy real-life situations....

my colleages are blow away, because to be honest, my sanda s*cks!! but My dim mak at these times seriously compensates ...check it out...Iknow you're interested and I think you have potential to be one of our greater ma'ers
    ...and ditto to Iron
    cheers 7

From what I have read, and been taught about dim mak is nothing like the delayed effects. It is instant and it is very painful, and in some cases can be fatal. I can't vouge for any of that delayed effects techniques, but I can't say that they are fake either I guess.

Some thoughts

I've been talking to my friend who is an liscensed accupuncturist about dim mak, trying to get her POV, since she deals with points and chi and meridians. Some of her texts contain points that have "disclaimers" for martial arts/artists. I explained to her the concept of dim mak, hitting points in a certain order, like the cycle of destruction, to cause debilitating effects from whatever to death. She said she could understand that because she uses points to heal and there are certain combos you use and certain combos you don't use, for pregnant ladies for example. At certain times of the day, your chi is stored in different parts of the body. She mentioned a manual that breaks down the chi flow into the year 2019. I asked to her to try to find it, so I could check it out, as I'm not sure I understand fully what the manual is about.

Now, in reality I've seen her treat a pregnant lady whose baby was in the breach position(upside down). She lit some moxa (spongy incense kind of stuff) and simply waved it around the little toe. There is a point there, a merdian where chi flows, to turn the baby the right way, but there was no physical contact. The baby did turn the correct way but it was also backwards, so they did a C-section. That same baby months later had the hiccups. The accupuncture treatment for that is CV 12 (conduction vessel) which expands the diaphragm. I thought that on a basic level, this is dim mak. Maniuplating a point to affect an organ, expanding it in this case.

So who has the time to study charts for years to understand this concept? Who has the time to know each day what points to hit to cause (desired effect) just in case you got in a fight? Maybe back in the day several hundreds of years ago some people did this with their time....??? It's easy to see how this has become a "lost art"
    - The essence of Kungfu is to accept change...

You can give someone Torrets from a dim mak strike? wtf?
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

you know, with obesity, tourettes, chronic schizophrenia, etc., i wonder if the late, great wesley willis was a victim of some ****ing dim mak practitioner.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

Sevenstar,

Dim Mak is a very precise technique. It would take more than years to master it. It would take decades of dedicated practice to really effect someone in the ways mentioned here. Not to mention, every human being is slightly different and their vital points and meridans won't be in the exact same place. IMHO, dim mak is almost a waste of training on a martial level. If you train it to heal people its different.

Also dim mak is very widely spread through many different techniques and ideas. The dim mak I have learned (and read about) is more geared towards fighting, not healing. It deals with things like: displacing the bone, breaking the bone, sealing the breath, and so forth. Things that cause immediate damage and pain to your opponet.

Why train for years and years to disable someone when in reality you can just punch him in the throat. If you strike someone in the throat/neck area and they don't go down, then you should probably run away.

I have this book (its an real old publication, found it at the used book store) simply called dim mak. Its a short read that shows certain points on the body you can hit, with pictures, and their effects. It also has a chart that lists what things are deadly at what times of the day.

This is pretty much horse crap. Some people work night jobs and don't sleep during the night so their chi flow would be off from the normal person. Other people have alergies and are on medicine that effects their body. There would never be any sort of constant you can base this stuff off of because every human being is different. Different from their diets, health habbits, sleeping schedule, amount of sleep, what kind of work they do (physical labor, office work, etc) and so on and so forth.

Now, I do believe there are probably some basic constants since we all have the same insides right. However, those would still vary a bit depending on height, weight, build, age, etc.

So, why train for all this specific stuff that may never even be needed when you can just train to punch people? Who do you think would win in a fight, a person who studies kung fu all their life, or a person who studies dim mak? Just like BL said, her san da wasn't that good at the moment. If she really tried to apply dim mak to a skilled fighter she would probably have her butt handed to her.

Similar types of techniques can be developed over time. Just study your kung fu hard and practice some sort of internal art (taiji, bagua, hsing-i, qigong, etc) to help build those internal organs and the energy around them. Internal release, controled relaxed movements, and controlling the yin and yang energies is more important IMHO for a martial artist. I know for one I can feel a difference from when I first started practicing taiji until present time, and I have only been doing taiji for about 1 year now. The taiji has also helped my wing chun in many ways as well.

Just some thoughts, so take what you want from them.
    Last edited by Gangsterfist; 04-28-2004 at 06:24 PM.

Re: Some thoughts

Originally posted by Shadowboxer
    Now, in reality I've seen her treat a pregnant lady whose baby was in the breach position(upside down). She lit some moxa (spongy incense kind of stuff) and simply waved it around the little toe. There is a point there, a merdian where chi flows, to turn the baby the right way, but there was no physical contact.

Originally posted by Shadowboxer
    That same baby months later had the hiccups. The accupuncture treatment for that is ...
    Why would you want to stop a baby hiccupping?

gangsta put into words what everyone else was thinking but didn't say because we were too busy egging on a few folks.

tobers -- baby hiccups are kinda cute, so i see your point.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

Originally posted by rubthebuddha
    gangsta put into words what everyone else was thinking but didn't say because we were too busy egging on a few folks.
    I've been very restrained and polite lately . Banging my head against a brick wall doesn't work, so I'm trying civility and letting idiocy speak for itself.

Originally posted by rubthebuddha
    tobers -- baby hiccups are kinda cute, so i see your point.
    Well, with 3 of them I always thought that baby hiccups were fine. Apparently they don't bother babies at all like they do adults. They get'em pretty often, too, like every day or so. And they're cute .