Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: dim mak

Punch 'em in the nose, elbow 'em in the jaw, kick 'em in the balls, stomp their knee joint. Why take chances that you might not be able to find your attacker's points or that he's one of the type who isn't affected by certain point attacks? The regular targets don't leave any guesswork to it.

I don't believe for a minute that anyone is not suseptible to an accurate dimmak attack...but accuracy is key, more than likely why some peoples' strikes don't work..everyone is vulnerable and people who know ...know it well

I've read some practitioners of the Dillman/ Oyata method of Kyushujutsu (Okinawan Dim Mak) writing that some people are not affected by certain points or are affected to a lesser degree than others.

I don't know a whole lot about that one way or the other, but I've been in enough real scraps to know that when the fists are flying it's nearly hopeless to try for any small points (much less specialized point combinations). Go for the sure thing rather than a "maybe".

small point strikes are inadvisable, especially in heated combat.....there are though many points that everyone is vulnerable to, are extremely effective and always easy to strike accurately....

7*...sorry, missed it before...yes...my school is about o have a week off may 1-7, so I'll spend it out in shaolin /dengfeng....the school I'm teaching at here is organising it

plese see shaolin kungfu blog thread for more info about my experience here.

Not all people will react the same way to points being hit. there's too much difference in body types...different pain tolerances, "padding" etc. I 've not even flinched to pressure points that made friends of mine scream. On the same token, I've screamed on points that they didn't feel.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

your right, but there are some points that will always be available...like on your lower leg....and foot...and shoulders and head and maybe chest and several more.......If I could speak candidly about specific points you would agree.

PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT to find these points yourself, as some are death-strikes and cause irrepairable damage...especially if you are not sure where you struck!!!!
    Last edited by blooming lotus; 04-24-2004 at 01:27 AM.

'are you sure the center-line strikes has nothing to do with the points on that meridian??'

There is a lot of confusion about the centreline- so let me try and dispell some myths (or alternatively add to the confusion). The centre line is the two dimensional plane that interconnects my c.o.g. with that of my opponents. It like a compass needle that always points magnetically north irrespective of which way you are facing. Thus no matter which way my opponent or I are facing the centreline always descrbes the shortest distance between our respective centres of gravity. So there is not MY centreline or HIS centreline- there is only THE centreline.

By way of illustration: If I and my opponent are facing each other and then my opponent turns to the side the centreline does not shift- it remains the same- thus i do not run around to the front of him to hit his 'centre'- i hit it from where I am, taking the shortest route to his COG- consequently in this scenario my point of contact will be either his ribs, his shoulder or the side of his head but the target is till the same - namely his COG.

Thus in Wing chun we always aim to attack our opponents COG in the most efficient manner possible.

This is why I dont think it has anything to do with 'meridians'.
    'In the woods there is always a sound...In the city aways a reflection.'

'What about the desert?'

'You dont want to go into the desert'

- Spartan

LOL - Ford's gonna go to a pressure point seminar wearing a wire!
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

nick's right -- centerline in wing chun has nada to do with meridians. it's about physics, plain and simple.

the angles in which arms and legs interact along with the concept of allowing your limbs to wedge out your opponent's is the primary reason. the other? hitting center mass will give you a much meatier target to hit. if i hit off to the side of center mass, the chances of me missing due to their movement or just having my strike glance off are greater, as are the chances of a wrist injury due to unhappy deflection. if i hit cleanly into center mass, the chances of connecting into something solid are much greater.

back on original topic, i have to say that i don't buy the majority of dim mak allegations. if such things as death touches and meridian work are actually legit, why are they not inadvertantly stumbled upon during things like sex, wrestling, or anything else that involves a great deal of grabbing, gripping and other forms of physical contact?
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

Originally posted by blooming lotus
    your right, but there are some points that will always be available...like on your lower leg....and foot...and shoulders and head and maybe chest and several more.......If I could speak candidly about specific points you would agree.
    Why can't you speak candidly about the specific points?
    BreakProof BackŪ Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

A lesser known branch of "Dim Mak" was created here in the U.S and has spread throughout the world. It's known as "Big Mac" and attacks the fat & colesterol meridians of the body. In fact it's so effective many people don't realize they're on their way to the grave 'til it's too late. The grandmaster of this art is distinguishable by his bright yellow uniform, red & white striped socks and bright red hair. If you encounter him in your neighborhood, run to the nearest health food store, they will protect you!

So how come people don't die during massages? Surely some masseuse at some point in time has hit a pressure point.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

The only thing close to this I've ever heard of is when you get someone who dies like playing soccer or baseball when the ball hits them at just the right moment between heartbeats or something. But that's not really dim mak, because don't tell me you'd know when your opponents heart is beating, much less be able to time the strike just perfectly.

And what about kickboxers? Especially Thai kickboxers with their knee & elbow combos. Whenever they die, it's seemingly always from the obvious punishment they take and not something mysteriously unidentifiable.

^ Do they die a lot?