Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Wing Chun Internal?

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    See to the beam in thine own eye etc etc etc.
    Well your eyes are blind, someone has to see!

Yes, I am entirely blind to the conspiracy to conceal the superiority of internal from the world... oh wait, that is because there isn't one!
    Last edited by SimonM; 07-14-2011 at 11:01 AM.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    Yes, I ask entirely billing of the conspiracy to conceal the superiority of internal from the world...oh wait, that is because there isn't one!

I don't care if you don't want to learn, that is your problem!

Go troll where you have some real experence.

Quote Originally Posted by YiQuanOne View Post
    I don't care if you don't want to learn, that is your problem!

Go troll where you have some real experence.
    Please do tell me about the bowflex conspiracy to conceal the TRUTH about internal. I want to learn about this.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Let me ask all you scientific types a simple question...

What happens to the skin, tendons and bones of a body builder after many years of cultivating their shape and muscule tone? (without steroids!!)
    They are in great shape at age 76. (without steroids!!)

What happens to the skin, tendons and bones of a Taichi practitioner after many years of cultivating their shape and muscle tone?
    In Cheng Man-Ching's case, they die at 73. CMC is still in fantastic shape if you overlook the fact that he's dead. That internal sh*t rocks, doesn't it?

What is it that drives this 'body changing' process?
    Ageing, climate change, Obama being born outside the US, and the News of the World phone hacking, obviously.

How's the five elements study going, Spence? For a self proclaimed expert you had a long way to go last time we discussed this.

It must be nice to experence something without experenceing it.
    I haven't experenced anything. I did experience/endure more than five years of Neijia training under a HK and Taiwan certified acupuncturist and Neijia practitioner. I'm certain I have more experience in these matters than the "īnternal masters" pontificating on this thread.

Of course, my study of the internal arts resulted in my being continually harassed and intimidated by bodybuilders, pharmacists, Western doctors, Dan John, Mel Siff, Joe Wieder, Richard Dawkins, the entire Gracie family, Olympic athletes, members of every pro sports team on earth, Carl Sagan from beyond the grave, etc.

YiQuanZero is telling the truth! There is a monster anti-internal conspiracy run by the Illuminati to harvest our dead souls for consumption by aliens from another dimension!
    Last edited by anerlich; 07-14-2011 at 06:01 PM.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich View Post

I haven't experenced anything. I did experience/endure more than five years of Neijia training under a HK and Taiwan certified acupuncturist and Neijia practitioner. I'm pretty sure I have more experience in these matters than the "īnternal masters" pontificating on this thread.

Don't get mad at the people who had a good experence because you had a bad experence, look to your so called expert and then into the mirror and blame your bad experence on them.

It is probably the one in the mirror.
    Last edited by YiQuanOne; 07-14-2011 at 04:22 PM.

Don't get made at the people who had a good experence
    I'm not getting made.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich View Post
    I'm not getting made.
    remade perhaps

Don't get made at the people who had a good experence because you had a bad experence, look to your so called expert and then into the mirror and blame your bad experence on them.

It is probably the one in the mirror.

He's coming from a point of experience.
    And from that experience he has found a better way.

I cant speak for Andrew, but, for myself the problem with you "internalists" is the totally non-realistic way you judge if your training is effective.

Ive heard.... (on this thread amongst other things)
    - I feel stronger
    - the way to win is be "softer"
    - Internal health practices are better than external.... yet the evidence (world wide scientific) would prove otherwise
    - You will feel like you are hitting hard but you actually arent as the external training is counteractive to the outcome

Nonsense. All of it.

I have no problem with guys going down the internal path if thats what they want to do.
    Just dont tell the folks that bust their butts, spar, get injured and just plain put in year after year that they are "missing something"

If you want to go to an authority , here is a short essay by TST about force generation. Yips oldest and longest standing student, renowned for his ability to generate force

http://www.tstvingtsun.bc.ca/HiddenP...SNT_remix.html

Notice how he explains things?

Doesnt just say its internal and it will work, but he has a logical expalanation which can lead to a measurable outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by jesper View Post
    remade perhaps

Maybe he'd like a maid?

Hey Glenn, that's an excellent article by TST. I've had it explained to me in a very similar way

Quote Originally Posted by WC1277 View Post
    Hey Glenn, that's an excellent article by TST. I've had it explained to me in a very similar way

Yes, i like his stuff.
    Not magical or mystical....... straight, logical explanation without elitist posturing

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    He's coming from a point of experience.
    And from that experience he has found a better way.

I cant speak for Andrew, but, for myself the problem with you "internalists" is the totally non-realistic way you judge if your training is effective.

Ive heard.... (on this thread amongst other things)
    - I feel stronger
    - the way to win is be "softer"
    - Internal health practices are better than external.... yet the evidence (world wide scientific) would prove otherwise
    - You will feel like you are hitting hard but you actually arent as the external training is counteractive to the outcome

Nonsense. All of it.

I have no problem with guys going down the internal path if thats what they want to do.
    Just dont tell the folks that bust their butts, spar, get injured and just plain put in year after year that they are "missing something"

If you want to go to an authority , here is a short essay by TST about force generation. Yips oldest and longest standing student, renowned for his ability to generate force

http://www.tstvingtsun.bc.ca/HiddenP...SNT_remix.html

Notice how he explains things?

Doesnt just say its internal and it will work, but he has a logical expalanation which can lead to a measurable outcome.

That's not my teacher, if he does not have it that's his fault, most people don't know what it is! that is why they sound like you guys, they think they are not missing something.

And Yes, the persons that bust their ass do all that external stuff are missing something! I wish I could have told them sooner that you are destroying your body, and there is another engine system that does not go away with age or non use, you just need to turn it on.

Its kind of like pedaling an electric bike all those years because you did not know where the on switch was.

I am glad I was lucky enough to meet someone years ago that showed me another way or else I would be still be doing the same thing you are doing now.

We have the internet now, so now we can share, isn't this nice!.

That's not my teacher, if he does not have it that's his fault, most people don't know what it is! that is why they sound like you guys, they think they are not missing something.

And Yes, the persons that bust their ass do all that external stuff are missing something! I wish I could have told them sooner that you are destroying your body, and there is another engine system that does not go away with age or non use, you just need to turn it on.

Its kind of like pedaling an electric bike all those years because you did not know where the on switch was.

I am glad I was lucky enough to meet someone years ago that showed me another way or else I would be still be doing the same thing you are doing now.

We have the internet now, so now we can share, isn't this nice!.

Ok, so TST doesnt get it??
    This gets better and better.

Im a bit confused in regards to you... do you practice WC??

I think what Glenn is trying to say after following this obnoxiously long thread is that what many think is internal, at least in regards to WC, is nothing more than body mechanics and mastering one's center of gravity. It's not magical nor dogmatic. While a clear mind that comes from something like Tai Chi can help you focus on these aspects of WC, it's not part of the system itself. At least not in the teaching of it, you'll receive health/Chi benefits just from doing WC properly. No magic needed