Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Wing Chun Internal?

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    generate force

http://www.tstvingtsun.bc.ca/HiddenP...SNT_remix.html

Notice how he explains things?

Doesnt just say its internal and it will work, but he has a logical expalanation which can lead to a measurable outcome.
    If that is Leng Ting

That guy is not Yip Man's number one student, by far, most senior student don't even know him.

He is more self promoted and definitly not internal.

If you think he is internal you are really clue less.

If you want to find a good sifu, it won't be the ones promoting themself's for glory and money.

It will be the one's that has very few students and is not making a living teaching.

But whatever you like to do that makes you happy is what counts.

You can go on crying that I am wrong, and demanding prove, go find your own proof, I don't need to prove it to you I have found my own proof.

Hardwork will be your proof, or find someone that has it, you need to do that part, I can just let you know it is not fake.

Ok, so TST doesnt get it??
    This gets better and better.

Im a bit confused in regards to you... do you practice WC??
    I think Yip Man might have learned internal, I don't think he passed it on if he knew it.

It looks like the branches of WC before Yip Man were internal and some passed it on, but it only takes one link to break the chain.

If you look at the WC sets, they are all set up to pass along the internal, but most people only know how to do them externally.

But style is not important, it is only a tool you use to fix yourself. But I think WC is a very good efficent tool compared to other tools from other styles.

Ok, so TST doesnt get it??
    This gets better and better.

Im a bit confused in regards to you... do you practice WC??
    That is TST, I did not know he called it Ving Tung.

We took TST out to dinner when we were in HK in the early 90's.

I have TST's book, he does use mind intent all through it.

If you follow internal, the mind Yi, leeds the Qi, to connection, so whats the problem.

When you are internal, you do not feel stronger, the other people feel that you are strong. You don't feel like you are being strong at all.

If you do feel strong in yourself, you are being external, the energy is trapped in you.

The internal guy is the opposite, the energy passes through them to the opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by WC1277 View Post
    I think what Glenn is trying to say after following this obnoxiously long thread is that what many think is internal, at least in regards to WC, is nothing more than body mechanics and mastering one's center of gravity. It's not magical nor dogmatic. While a clear mind that comes from something like Tai Chi can help you focus on these aspects of WC, it's not part of the system itself. At least not in the teaching of it, you'll receive health/Chi benefits just from doing WC properly. No magic needed

Exactly what im trying to say.... thanks

Quote Originally Posted by YiQuanOne View Post
    That is TST, I did not know he called it Ving Tung.

I have TST's book, he does use mind intent all through it.

If you follow internal, the mind Yi, leeds the Qi, to connection, so whats the problem.

When you are internal, you do not feel stronger, the other people feel that you are strong. You don't feel like you are being strong at all.

If you do feel strong in yourself, you are being external, the energy is trapped in you.

The internal guy is the opposite, the energy passes through them to the opponent.
    You really have no idea do you?

Ok, ill leave you to your internal training

If that is Leng Ting

That guy is not Yip Man's number one student, by far, most senior student don't even know him.

He is more self promoted and definitly not internal.

If you think he is internal you are really clue less.

If you want to find a good sifu, it won't be the ones promoting themself's for glory and money.

It will be the one's that has very few students and is not making a living teaching.

But whatever you like to do that makes you happy is what counts.

You can go on crying that I am wrong, and demanding prove, go find your own proof, I don't need to prove it to you I have found my own proof.

Hardwork will be your proof, or find someone that has it, you need to do that part, I can just let you know it is not fake.
    Try reading the article and the name of the auther moron..... got a chi blockage in the brain perhaps?

The state that resembles a middle finger.

haha gave me a laugh.

"what the hell is a dim mak?"
    "Def touch...."

the reason KF gets a bad name right here folks.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Bringing Wuxia to the future of Canada. Read "In the Shadow of Fallen Towers," Canada's first post apocalyptic Wuxia web-novel now at http://Simon-McNeil.Blogspot.Com
    Hey Simon, I started reading this - pretty good so far!
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

I went to a hamburger joint with Rigan Machado once! And I went to a taiji school in Taipei in the early '80's! Held my own with one of their guys in push hands and all!
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti

Exclamation

Try reading the article and the name of the auther moron..... got a chi blockage in the brain perhaps?

Ya Ya, ok I skimmed it, saying the same thing as internal engine, does not mean you can do internal engine, unless you have done the internal development.

It does not say anything about lifting weights, doing aerobics, punching heavy bag, because those thing don't help internal development.

He says do SLT for a long time.

You need to read yourself.

What is intent?, he does leave a lot out of article.

I don't know where you guys live, it will probabally be hard to find someone willing to share with guys like you.

So just go back to the external and pretend their is nothing else.
    I can forget you.

Ya Ya, ok I skimmed it, saying the same thing as internal engine, does not mean you can do internal engine, unless you have done the internal development.

It does not say anything about lifting weights, doing aerobics, punching heavy bag, because those thing don't help internal development.

He says do SLT for a long time.

You need to read yourself.

What is intent?, he does leave a lot out of article.

I don't know where you guys live, it will probabally be hard to find someone willing to share with guys like you.

So just go back to the external and pretend their is nothing else.
    I can forget you.
    Yes, please forget me..... its like talking to a 7 year old

so what would people class visualizing the forms. I learnt this as part of the psycology of sport. Just doing it in your head so as to correct to train the brain to do the precise movement. Would you call that an internal way of learning?

Quote Originally Posted by bennyvt View Post
    so what would people class visualizing the forms. I learnt this as part of the psycology of sport. Just doing it in your head so as to correct to train the brain to do the precise movement. Would you call that an internal way of learning?

Hey Benny.... to me this is a pretty good take on it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creative_visualization

Oh, and had Nathan come down fom the Central Coast last night and we went and trained at Beau's

Had a great night

I don't know where you guys live
    Hint - look at the Location: at the top of the post. Hard to find, isn't it?

it will probabally be hard to find someone willing to share with guys like you
    Not as hard as it would be for this supposed someone to convince me that he had anything worth sharing.

I can forget you.
    So go away already.

As you say, this is pretty standard sports psychology. You could call it internal, but then you'd have to agree that what most elite sportsmen on the planet do is internal, which the internal elitists here would have a hard time dealing with, I imagine. Hard to feel special when everyone else does the same thing.
    Last edited by anerlich; 07-14-2011 at 08:14 PM.

Yes, please forget me..... its like talking to a 7 year old
    Its more like the handicapped from my side!.