Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: U.S.C.K.F Tourney

you fight with 16's there?
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    'ey MKC, who's your teacher?

Ever met Doug Moffet from somewhere in VA?

He was the LT judge at the March event.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

you fight with 16's there?
    me?
    if so, No.

I ended up using an old set of leather TC gloves that might be in the 6oz. range.

to recap: the promoter here said that NC Boxing Commision rules stated that only single match 'demos' could be fought full contact unless they used 16oz. boxing gloves. If we had put on 16oz boxing gloves we could have fought a 6 man bracket...none of us had any.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

'ey MKC, who's your teacher?
    GM Huang Chien-Liang...

Ever met Doug Moffet from somewhere in VA?
    Yeah I know who he is and he was at our post tournament meeting so I guess he is one of the key guys in running the MD tourney...
    Veni Vidi Vici

cool, guess that means you're a tien shan pai then.

I thought Dave was pretty cool.

if I can get my head out of my ass and find some fighting partners I will try to be up there this year....just gotta get used to that headgear.

Yeah I use the headgear at least a couple times a week and it doesn't bother me anymore...I like to train with real heavy gloves too so the small gloves feel like nothing...
    Veni Vidi Vici

I like to train with real heavy gloves too so the small gloves feel like nothing...
    Wow, what a novel idea... I wonder where you got it from...
    I also wonder where you can find those kind of gloves....

What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

yeah thanks for lending me the gloves man they are awesome...
    I was going to refuse to give them back but then I realized you could hold my greaser wig for ransom...
    Veni Vidi Vici

what kind of equipment do you use? i know about headgear and gloves of course but what else?
    If a pipe hits you and no one is around, would you make a sound?

Originally posted by Face2Fist
    what kind of equipment do you use? i know about headgear and gloves of course but what else?
    for that tournament..... other than mouthpiece and cup.... that's about it....
    "pain is not my enemy; it is my call to greatness. " - Henry Rollins

Baltimore San Shou

WWW.NLPF.NET

“The only undefeated fighters are those who do not compete.” – Coach Sonnon, MMA.tv

Originally posted by Suntzu
    for that tournament..... other than mouthpiece and cup.... that's about it....
    no shin pads? what size gloves? have you ever fought in that tourny Sun?

its more similiar to san shou or mma?

no shin pads? what size gloves?
    no shin pads..... fingerless golves.... not sure of the weight....
    have you ever fought in that tourny Sun?
    no... not a fan of the face mask and lil gloves....
    its more similiar to san shou or mma?
    closer to san shou.... well sorta but i'm not going to go there *very biased opinion*
    "pain is not my enemy; it is my call to greatness. " - Henry Rollins

Baltimore San Shou

WWW.NLPF.NET

“The only undefeated fighters are those who do not compete.” – Coach Sonnon, MMA.tv

o yah, about stylin the wig- not really possible until the day of the thing, coz yah gotta be wearin it...

keep the gloves long as you need... i actually didn't like that pair all that much.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

thanks sun!

wouldnt mind doing it. just the no shin pads brings chills down my spine, after all the clips i have seen of broken shins.

just the no shin pads brings chills down my spine,
    Yeah I was intimidated too by the lack of shin guards but I was real surprised it wasn't much different...I didn't feel anything during the fight anyway...maybe for a day or two after the tourney my shins were a little bit more sore than usual but that's it...and they let you wear shoes which makes it easier on your toes...I didn't see anybody hurt their shins real bad at any kuoshu tournaments...maybe the tops of their feet but thats about it...
    Veni Vidi Vici