Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wong shung leung and Tsui Seung Tin methods...

Watchman Guest
    Thanks, man. My copy is on the way!

dave the dragon Guest

video

that version is not playable on uk format though is it ? america and canada only. anybody know where in England a copy of this tape can be found. it would be really useful to me .!!!"!!

WCFish Guest
    There seem to be many subtule variations between the TST and WSL systems. Everything from the way things are explained to the way they're performed.
    With regards to chi sau, although the emphasis, according to some of the posts, seems to be on 'forward force' and 'trying to hit the man' etc, it is also very important to maintain the correct 'facing' and distance as you move around at various angles.This, after all, is what you will need to do in a fight if you want to use your 'forward force' to hit and control your opponent.
    Also, I would not be surprised if there is a huge difference in TST schools depending on the teacher, as this seems to be the case with WSL schools. They all talk the same stuff but from what I've seen and heard there is alot of variation

benny Guest
    WCKhi
    no im not with jim fung the other school in newcastle is.
    im from the wsl barry lee
    S.Teebas
    a usual class is
    15min warm up
    30 min form
    10min cerecting the form
    1hr dan chi chi sao
    finish with punching

martial joe
    which video is that as he is not doing chum kui in the video you can buy?

i think the process of learning rolling is to teach you to feel gaps and stepping teaches you to open those gaps from the inside. this does not mean "wait theres a gap" and hit. with proper forward pressure you hand will flow through without thought(as someone said). but you should be able to do this before you start chi-sao.
    if your opponent is also not attacking you then how is it applicable to real fighting. if both of you are there going "i could have hit you then" how are you practicing to stop punches from an attacker.
    the thing that makes ving tsun better then any other style is the fact that chi sao teaches you to react instinctivly(sp?)without thought to any situation. in other words its teaching you a habit and not hitting someone is a bad habit to get. that is why you try to chi-sao with as many people as you can. in a real fight as soon as you arm touches his you body goes"ive chi-saoed against that type of force/person i need to do this" to teach your body how to do this you must practice hitting as some as your opponent allows it. to teach someone to feel it but not move is adding the brain into it and i know mine is way to slow.
    "if you have to stop and think its too late"
    barry lee