Thread: HERO! trailer

HERO! trailer

I saw the Hero trailer today when I went to see Kill Bill volume 2. God it looks awesome. Though I've already seen the Chinese version. What ****es me off (And of course there has to be something) is the fact they totally show the frigging ending. THE. ENDING. in the preview. *Spoiler* In the preview you see the Chinese army fire the thousand arrows at Jet Li, and then it shows them all hit the wall, except with the outline of Jet Li's body. It also reveals that Jet Li was sent to kill the Emperor. That just ruined it, cause when I saw the movie on DVD, I had no idea he was there to kill him.*end spoiler*

Yeah, stuff. Looks cool though.
    I have a signature.

Thumbs up trailer link...

http://www.hero-movie.jp/phase2/trailer.html

i look forward to seeing this soon. i dont think it spoiled anything, as i still didn't know what was going on when the barrage of arrows were flying at jet.

anyway, can't wait!

Re: HERO! trailer

Originally posted by PHILBERT
    I saw the Hero trailer today when I went to see Kill Bill volume 2. God it looks awesome. Though I've already seen the Chinese version. What ****es me off (And of course there has to be something) is the fact they totally show the frigging ending. THE. ENDING. in the preview. *Spoiler* In the preview you see the Chinese army fire the thousand arrows at Jet Li, and then it shows them all hit the wall, except with the outline of Jet Li's body. It also reveals that Jet Li was sent to kill the Emperor. That just ruined it, cause when I saw the movie on DVD, I had no idea he was there to kill him.*end spoiler*

Yeah, stuff. Looks cool though.
    I am not alone. i fealt the same way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

The idea of one country under one ruler would end wars of hundreds years.

Jet Li devoted his life and his MA to avenge his family and relative. In order to complete the big "me, he sacrifice the small "me".

In other words, he failed to avenge his family, he is willing to give up his life. He died so that bigger "me" China may be under one ruler and end all wars. He died to return the Yi (justice) from Long Sky and Defect Sword. They both died so that Jet Li may get close to the Emperor.

Thus the Emperor is burdened with Yi from all of them. He owed his life to all of them (Jet Li, Long Sky and Defect Sword).

The story is written to examplify some ethical attributes (Dao De).

Their lives are not in vain. Their stories will live with history along with whatever the Emperor achieved.

There are many legends around this topic. But it got rewritten so many times. It is always refreshing to learn the "latest" version.

It may not suit modern people. Only the "old" values people may pay greatest respect. Jet Li is respected no less than the emperor himself.

Of course, Jet Li may walk away unharmed. But then he would owe unjustices (Bu Yi) to his family, Long Sky and Defect Sword. That is a shame and a guilt nobody may 'live" with in those days.
    Last edited by SPJ; 05-23-2004 at 07:16 PM.