Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stylistic Responses

Did you say something?

He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Or is a cartwheel now a real tech now that someone has used it in the ufc.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

I reckon I must have a different response to this sort of thing. I always tighten my grips.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

Have some one who knows the technique on you. You'd be suprized... You really will loosen up untill your mind overcomes your reflexes. The whole point behind getting them to loosen up is so you can get your arms swinging down to srtike the kidneys. You also must strike that pressure point where the sholder and neck meet. The double srtike to the kidneys is to get them to drop thier arms so's you can get a good grip and pull 'em in tight. If you don't pull them in tight, slamming your but into them will only knock them away, not lift them off thier feet.

We aren't ignoring you NP. We are still shuddering from the mental image of what that probably felt like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

Originally posted by MasterKiller
    Typically, I find that when someone bear hugs from the back, they also lift you off your feet while squeezing. I usually grapevine a leg to keep from getting tossed; but if I wanted to execute the leg pick, would I thrust backwards to make them drop me, first?
    no, the thrust is done on the ground. I don't think you could get enough power out of it airborne to make him drop you. If he lifts you, I'd probably grapevine, then once you hit the ground, thrust back and get his leg.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Originally posted by MasterKiller
    I don't understand what arm would be around your kneck in a bear hug situation.
    I'm guessing shake meant rear naked and MP assumed it. I learned drop seionage as a rear naked defense.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

You also must strike that pressure point where the sholder and neck meet.
    So I have to do this in the right place, blind with bad leverage? Ok. I mean, if it's working for you, ok. It's a brachial stun basically, common LE tactic, and if it's working for you, alright.

I'm guessing shake meant rear naked and MP assumed it. I learned drop seionage as a rear naked defense.
    Nah. I'm talking about when you raise your arms and shrug, the guy's arms go up and more or less over, kind of around your neck. You could do drop seio from there.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli