Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: A Challenge

Heh, heh. Well Kung Lek, I see what you're saying but MY primary mistake was that I started off trying to be reasonable with the guy. In fact, other than the "STFU" comment earlier (which he's said to me on other threads WITHOUT me returning such pleasantries) I've not been harsh on him at all. Yes, I've been sarcastic and made fun of him but I would do that to anyone espousing such rigamarole as he does.

I'm sorry if it bothers you to see it, but he's the one who jumped up & brought the fire down on his own self (again, and again, etc) so I have a hard time feeling sorry for him. There have been several times when these little tiffs have died down and he gets left alone, but he just can't resist starting up again with his crapping on EF & those of us who are members, so then EF members start in on him again. Like I've said before, if he stops BEING an azz, he won't be treated like an azz.

I'm surprised YOU don't see that.

Philbert,
    You have been respectable to me so I won't be harsh. When this board is able to show some responsiblity then I will be less so. You allow, before I started my hounding of him, this miscreant to advise others. As I've said, and neither you or gene saw fit to address, this board is a self serving commercial enterprise without having the where with all to police its own beyond what you determine as offensive. This board is backed up by a magazine. You have an almost serious presence. And yet you decide that you are not responsible for what is written. I could go and just leave the teeming masses to believe the pablum here but as an adult (and don't preach to me boy) I will not. You need to decide if its ok with your policy to let these cretins influence the younger members whose only foray into the MA might your magazine and your board.

I didn't know ANYONE was giving advice, just suggestions and discussion, that's the whole point, not paranoia, trolling, and pm's

LOL! Gee, doesn't he just sound SO innocent?

Re: empty flower

Gene,

RE: "well, what's left are the noobs and you - or are you about to move on too?". I used to be one of your most informative posters a few years back....take a look. It's not surprising you don't know who I am given that you don't travel in circles with folks who train combat for real. If you ever see me in person, I'll give you the limp handshake and dismissal you deserve. You're a complete joke in the martial arts world. Your rag has become essentially nothing more than a Chinatown tourist's trinket catalog, spiced up here and there with completely irrelevant tripe and phoney Shaolin monks nutriding. Beats training though, eh?

Ok calm down, calm down...

We banned intimidation *again* - if you review this thread, the baited is pretty obvious. We were going to let him run on this 3rd account, but he still didn't change. Maybe next account. Bai He is un-banned now, too.

As for my comment to Chris_McKinley, I'm sorry that you and Rick James took such offense to it. It wasn't meant to be insulting or disrespectful; it was meant to be tongue-in-cheek, which is why I added the symbol. Now I realize I should have used the symbol to better indicate that I wasn't being serious. It was more a comment on your quote Chris...
    Nowadays, the trolls outnumber the posters here, and what's left is mostly absolute noobs who eventually move on when they realize that very little real information is exchanged here.
    There's an intrinsic logic flaw with posting that, since by the very act of posting it, you are here, and I'm assuming by your attidude and your successive posts, that you do not consider yourself as part of that crowd. So it became sort of self-incriminating, which is, I assume, not what you intended. FWIW, I've made plenty of similar errors, but it's a forum, it's sort of the nature of the beast. We're all bad writers here and if we're not, we're spending too much time here.

As for the disparaing comments about me personally, I appreciate your criticisms and your attention. Really, with the incredible diversity of CMA, it's an honor to be thought of at all. I AM a complete joke in the martial arts world and intend to remain so as long as I can keep the audience laughing. Seriously, laughter is the best medicine. If I could just develop the contagious laugh, that would be the best virus ever. I like to think of myself as sort of a cosmic joke, but really I'm just a bad pun. oops, I mean

You know, something Dave Cater (of all people!!) taught me about forums. We were once discussing web forums a few years back and he said he went to one once and typed "Dave Cater is an *******" just for fun. He thought it was hilarious how many people agreed. To this day, I respect that.

As for Empty Flower being better, they probably are, but it's sort of silly to come over here and say so. Forums are voluntary communties - if you want to participate, participate. If not, go somewhere else. It's sort of like the noobs comment, you're not going to make things better in a community by saying "oh that other community is better". You're going to make the community better by contributing more to it. Now of course, I'd love it if the entire CMA world was here, but that's not going to happen. As long as your contributing somewhere, that's fine. Even trolling contributes in its own weird way, sort of like lessons in bad examples, but things do get out of hand now and again, so we do have to ban members. I do admire the style of the Empty Flower website - I think they do a fabulous job for the MA world. Also I would love to read up on these threads on me, just because it tickles my ego just like it did Cater's. If anyone can forward me the threads, I'd love it.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Good sense of humor, Gene.

seriousharm/backbreaker/intimidation: Get help. You keep referring to "they" and "their" and you refer to EF as if it was a bogeyman coming to get you...not normal, yo.

Whoa, looks like I'm late to the party! Jer-RY!! Jer-RY!!

Welcome back, BAI_HE.

As for you, Cracktaker, I don't think you're mature enough for the IMA. Go do about 3-5 years of Shaolin and get back to us.
    West-SIDE!!

Re: Re: empty flower

Originally posted by Chris_McKinley
    Gene,

RE: "well, what's left are the noobs and you - or are you about to move on too?". I used to be one of your most informative posters a few years back....take a look. It's not surprising you don't know who I am given that you don't travel in circles with folks who train combat for real. If you ever see me in person, I'll give you the limp handshake and dismissal you deserve. You're a complete joke in the martial arts world. Your rag has become essentially nothing more than a Chinatown tourist's trinket catalog, spiced up here and there with completely irrelevant tripe and phoney Shaolin monks nutriding. Beats training though, eh?
    Haven't you learned yet that only alive arts like bjj, muay thai, and judo train for combat and train realistically?

Cool

Oh, other-troll....you so clazy.

funny trolls

Good sense of humor
    Yeah, you see why we have to have one. Take forums too seriously and you go nuts. That's a fool's errand.

So can anyone forward those EF threads bashing me? I would really enjoy them.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Thumbs up

Gene, take a bow /bow/

Self-irony and other attributes of the like are a rare necessity. The one who possesses them, commands the Tao...

BTW, when ARE we going to have a /worship/ or a /bow/ icon here? I wants me one...

//mika
    ”The freethinking of one age is the common sense of the next.” Matthew Arnold

Exercise Masters
    Potkua!
    Fen Lan Tang Lang Men

still seeking EF bashing threads...

a /worship/ or a /bow/ icon
    I'm not sure what you mean. But thanks for the props. Always leave 'em laughing.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Wow

That was great! Thanks MK, I can totally feel the love.

I find it really amusing that they would spend a thread discussing what's happening on another forum. For all of those people who might have slammed me on that thread, I have THIS to say to you.

BTW, welcome back Bai He.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips