Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: A Challenge

EF has 'em! And DeVere has a gorgeous girlfriend to model them! Think about it Gene, the number of hits on your online catalog will go through the roof! Well, providing you use the right models, of course (don't even THINK of bein' funny & having the "Bad Acting, Good Kung Fu" guys model'em ).

Margie can model them.
    I have a signature.

So....is this gonna happen?

Really, why would we need thongs? Just let the models show up and pose as if they had on the thongs.

I'd buy 20 for that.
    BreakProof Back® Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

Heh, heh. Of course Vash...Ninja Thongs! They're invisible, you can't see them !

Dang skippy.

Naked Female Ninjas are the best!
    BreakProof Back® Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

got qi ninja thongs

I'm all over got qi? ninja thongs...or at least I wish I was...
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Chen Zhenglei answers Japanese challenge

Tai chi master rises to challenge in martial arts arena
    2017-05-09 16:20 chinadaily.com.cn Editor: Feng Shuang

A file photo of tai chi master Chen Zhenglei. Photo provided to chinadaily.com.cn

Tai chi master Chen Zhenglei not only stands firm on moral ground in his response to the webpage challenge of a Japanese martial arts practitioner, but also leads the way of propriety for kung fu contestants.
    Chen, the 11th generation carrier of Chen-style tai chi and also one of China's Top 10 contemporary Chinese martial artists, tops the list of four Chinese challenged by a karate club owner on his Japanese Twitter account on May 3.
    The Japanese message accused Chinese martial arts as "quite fake" and practitioners in China as often "cheating". The account holder, MoonJangGyu, challenged Chen, tai chi masters Chen Xiaowang and Yan Fang, and Shaolin boxer Shi Yanjue and set a deadline for them to respond, before Wednesday. MoonJangGyu even claimed he was traveling to Shanghai for fights on Wednesday.
    In his statement on Chinese social media Monday, Chen displayed the full courtesy characterized by Chinese martial arts tradition. He first stated his devotion to carrying on the tradition of both the Chen family and Chinese wushu and his belief in being kind to other people and maintaining self-dignity in handling daily affairs, teachings each Chinese martial arts practitioner must accept.
    As for the Japanese challenge for a fight, as long as his identity is affirmed and behavior ratified by related authorities, "I will rise to the challenge to fight on the immediate occasion in accordance with the principles of meeting the law's requirements, fitting into rules, and promoting exchange and friendship," Chen said at the end of his statement.
    Such a challenge is not a first for Chen, and certainly not a first for a Chinese wushu practitioner in modern history. Japanese martial arts masters have been active in challenging Chinese over the past century and in helping Chinese kung fu to grow.
    However, time has evolved and today's world is no longer a jungle of the fittest. The rule of law has to be followed throughout the nations for humanity to prosper properly. The martial arts circles of both Asia and other parts of the world have been mature enough to hold series of contests, often broadcast live on TV, radio and social media, each of them following distinct rules that are hammered out through debates, discussions and eventual consensus.
    Under these circumstances, any high-toned wording for a private duel gives rise to suspicion of not observing today's rule of law, or holding onto movie stereotypes of old thinking, or simply self-promotion.
    However, Chen did not hesitate to admit that in recent years, there indeed appeared in China cases of faking martial arts to cheat, or obtaining undue grandeur with boasting, or making a fanfare from nothing for illicit profits. He was sharp in calling it necessary for martial arts circles to crack down on the fakes and correct inappropriate behavior to sustain the healthy development of Chinese wushu or kung fu of any other nation.
    However, "both cracking down upon the faking and holding real contests should be under the guidance of the Chinese Wushu Association and related government departments to achieve legal and orderly proceedings," he pointed out. And his standing here is welcome as legal authorities and supervisors are safeguarding the rule of law in our societies.
    In his respect for legal and martial arts authorities, Chen, 68, displayed his sense of being law-abiding; in rising to a martial arts challenge, Chen shows respect for the potential opponent and is carrying on the tradition of tai chi and Chinese kung fu.
    Maybe Master Chen should go after Xu Xiaodong too.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Zhu Chunping vs. Yao Hantian

Srsly? Zhu Chunping is really too dumb to have accepted this challenge.

Chinese kick-boxer knocks out tai chi master with one punch in latest blow to traditional martial arts
    Zhu Chunping, 47, lasts only five seconds against Yao Hantian
    The 22-year-old Yao has been training kick-boxing for just six months
    PUBLISHED : Saturday, 24 November, 2018, 6:01pm
    UPDATED : Saturday, 24 November, 2018, 6:16pm
    Nicolas Atkin
    https://twitter.com/nicoscmp

Traditional martial arts has suffered another blow in the battle for supremacy with more modern forms of combat after footage emerged of a Chinese kick-boxer flattening a tai chi master with just one punch.

The 47-year-old expert Zhu Chunping, who has been practising tai chi for decades, hit the canvas five seconds into a bout with Yao Hantian, a 22-year-old amateur who has only been training kick-boxing for six months.

The cross-disciplinary fight took place earlier this month at an event put on by the Shanghai-based Shengshi Yinghao Club in Suzhou, eastern China. The card also featured seven kick-boxing matches and one MMA bout, with around 1,500 spectators watching.

Doctors rushed into the ring to check on Zhu, with Shengshi Yinghao Club director Li Yong admitting the organisers had not expected things to end so quickly.

“Upon examination, Master Zhu was fine. He recovered for one minute then walked down the ring by himself,” Li, who also coaches Yao, told MailOnline.

At 1.7 metres, Zhu is one inch shorter than Yao but three kilograms heavier at 75kg. Organisers said Zhu is also a master with traditional weapons such as swords and sticks.

Li said the fight was not arranged to determine the supremacy of one form over the other, but for mutual improvement.

He also defended tai chi after the outcome of the fight had prompted ridicule of Zhu and the traditional form, but admitted it was an outdated style compared to modern combat sports.

Zhu Chunping is hit by Yao Hantian. Photo: Shengshi Yinghao Club

“Tai chi can improve one’s health and temperament and has a lot of philosophy of martial arts in it,” Li said.

“A lot of the kick-boxing techniques come from tai chi, such as shoulder roll and the way you use your strength while kicking. It is an important part of modern boxing.”

Chinese MMA fighter Xu Xiaodong sparked controversy last May when he pummelled self-proclaimed tai chi master Wei Lei in just 11 seconds. Such was the outrage of some, a Chinese tycoon offered a total of US$1.45 million to anyone who could defeat Xu and “defend the dignity” of martial artists.

Xu said he was assaulted in September 2017 by two strangers claiming they represented traditional martial arts. He said the attack went on for 15 minutes, and forced him to withdrew from public life for a few months.

But the 40-year-old resurfaced in April this year, beating kung fu master Ding Hao in under two minutes.

He broke his silence earlier this month, vowing he would keep on exposing “kung fu fakery” but claimed he had been barred “indefinitely” from organising tournaments for fighters at his Beijing gym.

Li appeared to share some of Xu’s sentiments, saying that modern masters do not know how best to convey the sophistication of traditional arts.

“All they do is boast that they could fight, which leads to the opposition between modern boxing and those ‘fake’ kung fu masters,” Li said.

“Chinese kung fu is great, but it has been used in the wrong place by people with their own agenda.”

Tai chi is said to have been invented in 17th century China, and is one of the most popular sports with Chinese state media claiming it is practised by more than 250 million people worldwide.
    THREADS:
    A Challenge
    That MMA vs Taiji Fight Everyones Talking About
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Where ever I Am; today, West Virginia, US of A, NA, N of EUdMexico
    Blog Entries

Getting (Back) To The Point- No_Know

" Let's make this small part of this board (as internal martial artists) worth reading and responding to."

I'm trying to understand what moves I do...in my wheelhouse that makes the feeling of hot/warm water streaming on me- on command.-Ernie Moore Jr.

No_Know
    There are four lights...¼ impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com

Blog Entries

Distilling The Essence of of Application of T'ai Chi Ch'uan No_Know

Read a thread about would it be O. K. or confusing to learn simultaneously different families/styles of Ba Gua. Right now I'm deciding to look at old clips of masters or just reputable people in the five families of Taijiquan and look for the similarities to see what T'ai Chi Ch'uan is about. And to look at the variation to see the Time-honored thoughts of application-something like that.-Ernie Moore Jr.

No_Know
    There are four lights...¼ impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com

Xu v Lu

I gotta agree with Xu on this one. 3 years? srsly? Lu Hang is coat-tailing. It's ironic when one viral ***** picks up baggage, like lamprey to a shark.

Anyone have access to Xu's 17 “fake” tai chi masters list?

Xu Xiaodong calls tai chi master a ‘cheat’ for backing out of ‘10 million yuan’ fight

Master Lu Hang still wants to teach the Chinese MMA fighter a lesson – after he completes three years of training, which he plans to live-stream every day
    Xu blasts the ‘shameful’ Yang-style taijiquan master for ‘using my popularity’ to make a name for himself on social media
    Nicolas Atkin
    Published: 4:30pm, 26 Jun, 2019

One of Xu Xiaodong’s Weibo posts about tai chi master Lu Hang.

Xu Xiaodong has called tai chi master Lu Hang a “cheat” for backing out of a fight after offering the Chinese MMA fighter 10 million yuan (US$1.45 million) if he beat him.
    Sichuanese Yang-style master Lu, who claims to be the No 1 martial arts fighter in China, said he still wants to teach Xu Xiaodong a lesson – but only after he has completed three years of intense training, which he plans to showcase on a daily live-stream.
    “I think Lu is a cheat,” Xu told the Post. “He wants to become an influencer using my popularity.”
    Their original beef came about after Xu posted to Chinese social media a list of 17 “fake” tai chi masters he had compiled, with Lu ranked at No 7.
    Xu also shared a recording on his Weibo timeline of a phone call between the two, where Lu challenges him to a fight and says he would give “Mad Dog” 10 million yuan if he lost.
    The 41-year-old Xu had told the Post last week that he and Lu were still discussing details for a fight date, but Lu appeared to back down in a lengthy statement posted on Toutiao, another Chinese social media platform.
    Xu Xiaodong wants to countersue tai chi ‘grandmaster’ in Australian court by pursuing citizenship
    Lu wrote that after he finishes three years of training, he plans on challenging all different kinds of martial arts masters from around the world, including Xu.
    Xu wrote on his Weibo timeline that Lu should be fired or resign from his role in the Chinese Yang-style taijiquan general assembly after his comments.
    “We are not competing for the length of wordings,” Xu added, poking fun at Lu’s Toutiao post. “Sorry, I can’t finish reading this, my eyes feel pain. Please tell me Lu Hang whether you want to fight or not, and when.”

Xu Xiaodong had to wear face paint and use an alias for his most recent fight, where he broke wing chun master Lu Gang’s nose. Photo: YouTube/Fight Commentary Breakdowns

Users on Toutiao seemed to share Xu’s sentiment. “Write so much? Do you still have time to practice?” one commented on Lu’s post. “After reading it, I felt that tai chi gave my mind a stupid practice,” another said.
    In another Weibo post earlier this month, Xu said Lu had invited him as a guest to his training room to take photos.
    “Two days later, suddenly there was news on the internet saying I came to challenge Yang-style taiji master Lu Hang but lost, and after the fight we took photos together,” Xu said. “Using this kind of dirty little tricks, taijiquan is so shameful.”

Xu Xiaodong wears a Spartan helmet to hide his appearance during a social media live-stream. Photo: YouTube/Fight Commentary Breakdowns

Xu told the Post that if he fights Lu he will need to wear face paint and adopt an alias again, as he did for his last bout against wing chun master Lu Gang.
    The 41-year-old was billed with the demeaning nickname “Winter Melon” for that fight in Karamay last month, with organisers saying the bout could not be live-streamed unless Xu concealed his identity.
    Xu also wore a Spartan helmet in one of his latest social media live streams, where he said he wanted to leave China and seek Australian citizenship. He said his social media accounts get taken down more frequently if his face is visible in his videos.

Inkstone’s Qin Chen contributed to this article.
    This article appeared in the South China Morning Post print edition as: Fight feud: tai chi master is a ‘cheat’
    THREADS
    Xu Xiaodong Challenges to Kung Fu
    A Challenge
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Blog Entries

Repurposed Squirrel Taijiquan Videos

I put together three vids (only have three of me and T'ai Ch Ch'uan) to address what I think Ward-Off should look. I saw wrongness in the application then that wrongness in the form and commented how it should go. But Ward Off should not go straight forward and up like a Okinawan upper arm block ward Off should be sideways deflection with a hand following but not touching. The lead arm should be rounded and turning torso carries the setish rounded arm.-Ernie Moore Jr.

If teacher is trying to make a point or emphasize something...I presume students want something and the technique is altered to give that, besides some might think modern application for modern time--change application by altering form for this today people. I'm a terrible lizard. So I'll do Taijiquan as I think ideally it should be as far as technique, but Squirrel thinks the techniques should link outside of form but form can have some of these links. Form is needed to learn apply/connect without pattern except what fits the situation or would seem practical.-Ernie Moore Jr.

Example of No_Know's level of understanding of Ward off accidentally meshed with Pat the Wild Horse's Mane T'ai Chi Ch'uan as well as thoughts about ward off. Ernie Moore Jr. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a549gZ-gBgI&t=41s

No_Know
    Last edited by No_Know; 08-07-2019 at 05:24 AM. Reason: 2nd paragraph learn was leard.-EMJ

A Hu

Chinese MMA fighter knocks out two kung fu ‘masters’ in one night, in 72 seconds each
    ‘A Hu’ went viral for knocking out wing chun ‘master’ Ding Hao in spectacular style last weekend
    New video unearthed from Chinese social media reveals he also obliterated a tai chi practitioner on same night
    Nick Atkin
    Published: 1:56pm, 26 Oct, 2019

Song De Cai lies on the canvas. Photos: YouTube/Fight Commentary Breakdowns

Remember “A Hu”, the Chinese MMA fighter who knocked out the fake wing chun “master” last weekend? Well it turns out he actually fought two frauds in one night, and remarkably, beat them both in 72 seconds.
    A Hu went viral after obliterating Xu Xiaodong’s old rival Ding Hao in a kick-boxing match, dropping him with a vicious head kick.
    But another video unearthed from Chinese social media reveals he pulled double duty and also took on a tai chi practitioner called Song De Cai the same day.
    You can probably guess how that fight went too.

Weighing in at 80 kilograms, the 44-year-old Song had the weight and height (1.77 metres) advantage compared to the 24-year-old A Hu (1.75m, 66kg).

A Hu punches Song De Cai.

Right off the bat, Song tries (and fails) with a Bruce Lee-style jump kick, falling flat on his backside. A Hu then throws some leg kicks and roundhouse kicks before battering Song with punches.
    Song can only push A Hu away and run, but eventually gets cornered. A Hu hits him with a right hook, an uppercut and then a left hook to the body, and Song crumples to the floor.
    The referee counts Song as he tries to get to his feet, then calls it off.

The referee steps between Song De Cai and A Hu
    “That liver shot looked brutal, for a tai chi guy that clearly doesn’t do full contact sparring there is no way he could take that punch,” said one commenter on the video, which was posted by YouTube channel Fight Commentary Breakdowns.
    “Seriously that guy does not look like he's in shape to fight. Do they even medically clear them to fight? This can lead to serious injuries or even death,” said another.
    “It looks like anyone can just show up with a pair of shorts and gloves and make a challenge,” was another comment.
    Why do Tai Chi guys insist on getting humiliated like this in the ring?

THREADS
    Ding Hao
    MMA Challenges to Kung Fu
    A Challenge
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Ma Baoguo

68-year-old tai chi “master” knocked down 3 times in 30-second match against MMA fighter

Despite appearances, he is still claiming victory
    by Alex Linder May 19, 2020 in News

An elderly tai chi “master” has become the latest of his cohort to not last long in the ring against a more modern martial artist.
    The fight staged on Sunday in the Shandong city of Zibo pitted a 50-year-old MMA and kickboxing hobbyist named Wang Qingmin against 68-year-old Ma Baoguo (马保国).
    Ma claims to be a master of Hunyuan Tai Chi. He also claims to have a ball of energy in his hand and to have defeated a British MMA “champion” a few years ago.

His fight against Wang, however, didn’t quite go so well. He was knocked to the ground three times in 30 seconds after being repeatedly punched in the face.
    Fortunately, Ma was okay after the match and suffered no significant injuries. It’s unclear if the fight promoter will face any trouble for organizing a match where a senior citizen was KO-ed.
    Despite appearances, Ma has gone on to claim victory, claiming that he stopped the match before breaking his opponent’s nose.
    Here’s how his face looked while making that argument:

The trend in China of unmasking self-proclaimed kung fu masters by knocking them out was started by MMA fighter Xu Xiaodong who infamously beat one such tai chi “master” to the floor in 10 seconds in 2017.
    Xu went on to issue a challenge afterward to any traditional Chinese martial arts masters who believed that they could take him down in a no-holds-barred fight. He even bragged that he was willing to take on two or three “masters” at the same time to prove to the world that they are nothing but frauds.
    Ma Baoguo was one of those to accept Xu’s challenge. However, their match was stopped by police in Shanghai just minutes before it was set to take place back in 2017.
    Ma has always been outspoken about his own abilities. He has bragged that he would be able to beat Chinese MMA champion Zhang Weili without hurting her or even breaking a sweat.
    He has also claimed to have beaten British MMA fighter Peter Irving in a match.
    As proof, Ma has showcased footage of the two sparring. Irving says that he was paid to be an actor in the video, which he understood as some sort of vanity project for Ma.
    THREADS
    MMA Challenges to Kung Fu
    A Challenge
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips