Thread: mantis style

mantis style

What mantis style do you like best,why.What style is hardest to learn.could I learn frome tape or would it be a wast.
    Last edited by dturner; 05-03-2004 at 03:23 PM.

Hi,

They are all good. I suggest going to the nearest one and giving it a go. Try the real stuff before the tapes. Train hard!
    Hope this helps,

BT

I agee with brendan they all have excellent qualities and fundementals. It really depnds on you and what you prefer, or better yet what is available in your area.
    I do not suggest learning anything from a tape unless you are already profecient in the style and just want to learn more detail or get different views of applications from different teachers and perspectives. Good luck, hope you find a good mantis teacher, where are you from?
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

florida, ther is a TKD school where I live,but I went in ther and the instructor fell over while kicking in fact he could barelly kick.He probally bought his belt.And he doesnt have any students above 10.

dturner,
    be careful about being so judgmental about one encounter with a teacher or a student, or anything you come across in life for that matter. there's always more than meets the eye

as for your question, click here to see this discussion about studying mantis from video.

good luck

But if a Taekwondo guy can't even kick!!!!