Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Is southern mantis better than northern.

SevenStar,

Did Thunder in Paradise get past it's first season?

Chow Gar Peeps

Wow..this thread has gone off-topic, slightly.

Hey David - I realise you are based down in the south, but are you considering going along to the upcoming chow gar seminar with the grandmaster in London? Anyone else?

I'm trying to track down some details as it sounds **** good!

Glimmer,

What are the details? I want to go and give a talk about my experiences with spm. Is there wheelchair access?

Is it in Liverpool? If it is, I will meet you at Liverpool station.

Ego, you do make me laugh sometimes.
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

ICK Seminar

I don't have any details yet but I would like to be there. It's been too long since I last went to London and even longer since I trained with GM.

Will the seminar be open? Start a thread...

Rgds,
    David
    Last edited by David; 07-20-2004 at 07:38 AM.

David,

But when was the last time you were at Liverpool? I'll be there too to give a talk I hope.

7*

What up man?

Maybe if you're ever in NYC we can hook up and do some training. I've trained in Thai and I've been training in Yau Kung Mun Kung Fu for the last 4yrs. There are some similarities and some huge differences, main one being mindset/intent.

I understand that you had some Chinese MA training, long fist if I read correctly. My hand is short, so it might be a new experience for you. Give me a holla if you're interested.

Take care,
    Buby

Buby,

I can come down to train with you in Central Park

Say no more!

Let me know when and please don't waste my time. If you are going to be there, I will meet up with you. I'm always willing to link up with people to train and talk Kung fu.

Take care,
    Buby

PS- Maybe then you can tell me about this YKM school you saw in Jeresy.

Ahh, it's been a while since I checked this place out...ppl are still feeding the troll? Wow, somethings never change. We all know Ego was not in Vietnam, and we also know he is Kelvin. (Take that, troll boy!)

As for the topic, I haven't seen enough of either one, but from what I have seen, they both resemble the mantis to a degree.

Peace
    Zvika

I think it went for 2 seasons.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Re: 7*

I'm definitely interested. Whenever I have plans to go up that way, I'll drop you a PM. What is the difference in intent?

Originally posted by Buby
    What up man?

Maybe if you're ever in NYC we can hook up and do some training. I've trained in Thai and I've been training in Yau Kung Mun Kung Fu for the last 4yrs. There are some similarities and some huge differences, main one being mindset/intent.

I understand that you had some Chinese MA training, long fist if I read correctly. My hand is short, so it might be a new experience for you. Give me a holla if you're interested.

Take care,
    Buby
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Originally posted by David
    Too much information, 7*

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

Re: Re: 7*

Originally posted by SevenStar
    I'm definitely interested. Whenever I have plans to go up that way, I'll drop you a PM. What is the difference in intent?
    In a ring, at most all I'm trying to do is out score or KO' you ( Mind you if I get in trouble it ain't that serious cause the ref is there and so is my corner) and I think a lot people also fall into this trap.

In the street, I look for a KO', a limb, or whatever it takes (if you get my drift), and there is no corner or ref to save my arse should I fnck up. I guess you can say my intent is in "no playing games mode" and I'll do whatever it takes to make it alive (ya feel me!).

Don't get me wrong some might say its the same, but I see them differently.

I look forward to your pm. I'm sure we can borrow my bros thai gym to train, so jus give me a holla.

Take care,
    Buby

Buby,

I can meet you at central park this weekend. Just look for the guy in a wheel chair with boxing gloves on.

HopGar,

where have you been all this time? we used to have great conversations on line. Have you been touring Vietnam?