Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: San Shou on the BIG screen....

The goal was a modern version of the 70's KF movies so you will get that Bruce Lee look. The trailer makes it look more BL than it is does as a whole. It was very low budget but shot on film. It is good and nice to see a movie done by real martial artists and no special effects at all. The target audiance would be KF movie purists and those sick of the Matrix effect movies.
    "Information is power"

www.Boston-Kickboxing.com

Edge of Xanda

I heard about the Edge project and am glad to see it's coming to fruition. I'll be interested to see it, and interested on your opinions of it. It'll be fun to see those guys as actors.

As for Xanda, I have our buyer on the look-out for that one in a legal all-region DVD. It's not available yet, but when it is, we'll try to acquire it. Until then, you're stuck with bootlegs or other region discs.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

What?!?!?! No matrix moves?!?!?!

Ahhhhh, forget it !!!!

Yao li, I remember him from back in the day. He was a hot performer. He still looks good. The grittier look in the begining of the trailer applealed to me. The scene where he was bloody mouthed holding the gun on the guy was eye catching. The end with the BL homage got a bit overdone , for me at least.

My production buds say the camera was shakey and the lighting need to be further tweaked. It could have used a bit more grain and a darker look. But, what da ya want, they are a bit snobish when it comes to film.

The feel will probably be different with the actual sountrack. The trailer music takes away a little bit from the impact.

So when is this project going to be released? It seems like an interesting film.

He was a hot performer. He still looks good.
    Fairfax Jiu-Jitsu

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Muay Thai, Capoeira & Mixed Martial Arts

LOL @ Rudi going for the Tong Po look.......
    "pain is not my enemy; it is my call to greatness. " - Henry Rollins

Baltimore San Shou

WWW.NLPF.NET

“The only undefeated fighters are those who do not compete.” – Coach Sonnon, MMA.tv

I didn't say he was a hot EXOTIC performer. Get your mind out of the gutter.

abel and yao sitting in a tr.... okay i'll shut up and wont insult yao li like that.
    Last edited by Shaolinlueb; 05-05-2004 at 12:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Thumbs up

I saw the film at a screening awhile back, its really quite good.
    I definately give it my siscal & ebert 'thumbs up'.
    I was suprised and impressed with what Jason pulled off with the budget and means that he had. He filmed it bandit-style around Boston and managed to make a really cool movie.

I didnt think it came off as being too 'kung fooey' or a Bruce Lee omage at all, it is actually rather dark. Think more along the lines of 'Reservoir Dogs' than 'Enter the Dragon'.
    Good fight scenes too.

I'm really psyched this movie may work out for Jason, he's been busting his azz on this film for a long time, and the dude really has some talent. This film is waaay better than the 'B' martial arts movies that we're used to seeing, trust me on this one, I think you guys will like it.