Thread: How much is too much to pay for lessons?

How much is too much to pay for lessons?

How much should I expect to pay monthly for a school that has a teaching schedule like this:

Mon : 3.5 (hours of teaching)
    Tues: 2
    Wed: 3.5
    Thur: 2
    Fri : 3.5
    Sat : 5

You just go whenever you want depending on your own schedule and there are 3 different teachers who teach at different times. I'm hoping it's not much more than $100 mo. Can you guys give me an insite on how much it's worth, and what would be a rip off?

Thanks

moss,

if you can go any of those 6 days, that would be a really good deal for 100 bucks. even if it were a little bit more expensive, i would still do it. i would then, train everyday just to make the 'per class rate' cheaper. another thing that would be a determining factor as to whether i'm going to join or not would be, 'who's teaching the classes?' what's their lineage? are they going to teach me anything good? are they gonna hold out on me with the info? (i have to also take in to consideration my own level. if these guys can make me better, it doesn't matter if they are not masters. remember: the most important thing to get good in wing chun is, you need training partners: there's just so much you can do by yourself, in the air or on a muk jong. being a member of that school can give you lots of potential training partners.)

i hope this helps you
    "Yeah, BABY!"

I've paid $25 for a class and felt ripped off, and paid $150 for one and felt it was cheap at the price. It all depended on what I learned. An hour with some folks can save you years, what's that worth? And years with some people can do nothing for you, what's that worth?

IMHO, treat it like University. Do your research. Watch a class. See if the senior students do what the instructor teaches the beginners to do. See if you like the atmosphere (best teacher in the world doesn't matter if you don't like the place). Do some internet leg work and see what kind of rep the place has and what kind of people they've produced. Then, go to the best place you can afford (and the best place may not be the most expensive).

(Many people think nothing of spending $100s a month on McDonalds, video games, fancy clothes, car parts, hair gel, or whatever, but find education to be costly).

At the end of the day you get what you pay for. How can you put a price on knowledge? If you think its worth it go for it. If not dont bother!
    The best form of defence is attack!