Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: If it looks like a duck.....

Earth Dragon;

It does not look like you're giving your opinions. It looks like you're saying that the removal of the Chinese cultural sections of an art diminishes that art in both "tradition" (may the word be banished forevermore) and efficacy, a statement which makes no sense when one uses reason.
    BreakProof BackŪ Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

Whats your beef with "breath-work"?
    whose?

and he even went so far as to say that chinese food, cooked by mexicans is not chinese food
    ok, was this really said? i'd love to know.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

sadly MP, it was. On the footwork thread, ED was talking about Italian food or something not being made by Italian chefs. I mentioned that most o fthe chinese resteraunts around here actually have mexican cooks, and asked if that made it somehow, not chinese. His reply was that it was not chinese food.

Indeed, MP, it was. I believe he referred to it as "chinacan," and if he saw some Mexicans preparing food in a Chinese restaraunt, he'd leave.

merryprankster, I said if I saw a mexican cooking chinese food in a chinese resturant I would run. not eat there.

redangel
    I am really getting tired of explaining my opinon to you and frankly couldnt care less about you or what you think so I am done responding to you, this is a waste of my time and energy.

I am ending with this note............I think this whole thing has been totally blown out of porportion.

however it's my right to be a tradtionalist and that's what I like, that is the way I teach and that is the way it is.
    Our system has not lost anything in the 350 years with the exception of some translations and manuscipts and thats because we pay close attention to preserving it in it's original format. it's taught the same way here as it is in China, canada, germany, IN CHINESE AND TRADTIONAL but as far as everyone else thinks I really dont care its not your watered down mcdojo mixed up art that I am defending, only mine so if you are not a student who cares. that is all.
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

BWAH-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!!!

I saw it, you definitely said it wasn't chinese, it was chinacan.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

Originally posted by EarthDragon
    Our system has not lost anything in the 350 years with the exception of some translations and manuscipts and thats because we pay close attention to preserving it in it's original format. it's taught the same way here as it is in China, canada, germany, IN CHINESE AND TRADTIONAL but as far as everyone else thinks I really dont care its not your watered down mcdojo mixed up art that I am defending, only mine so if you are not a student who cares. that is all.
    I thought you left 8-Step because of politics? How are you "preserving" a style that you are no longer associated with?
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Earth Dragon you racist a$$ - it's obvious you don't give a lick about anyone since you have assumed anyone who disagrees with your chinese theory has to be going to a mcdojo.
    I'd sure be interested in hearing how a non chinese guy like yourself is going to be teachin authentic kungfu though

Well, I suppose being a traditionalist and being a strange form of an elitist can mean the same thing.

So long as it is said in a foreign language.

merryprankster, if you went to chinese resturant to eat some real chinese food and the cook was mexican you would stay?
    obviously you guys have never eaten authentic cusine. In NY we are very race oriented, and a good resturant hires people that are suposed to be there. maybe in the midwest you guys dont know the difference i dont know but i feel sorry for you , go get a real brittish mexican tamala's

master killer, I left the ACMAF not the system. you can still work for the company and not the office.
    Last edited by EarthDragon; 05-07-2004 at 01:37 PM.
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

will you please stop spouting your racist crap you fukkin nazi. Authentic has nothing to do WITH WHO COOKS IT YOU DUMB A$$, that's what I 've been trying to say to you the whole fukking time about the martial arts. If you weren't too busy hating people not like you, or better yet hating yourself for not being like them, you'd fukking see that.And we here in the midwest are trying to move past seeing a persons color and trying to keep an open mind, instead of trying to define everyone by their culture.

I'll give you a little education though and maybe you can spread it around to your racist freinds - the chinese food cooked by mexicans - it still taste like chinese food. So it turns out that chinese people don't exude some special powder needed to make chinese food.

Yeah but, I never saw anyone but chinese working at a dim sum resaraunt

see how angel has to swear to get his point across? no wonder none listens to you. I have heard from a lot of people out here that they dont bother to respond to you .......now I know why. I should have listened
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

I have to say this thread is stupid.

Especially after listening forum member spout stuff like, "Its the practioner, not the art" and then come with something like this.

Its common sense, poeple. Being Chinese doesn't make you a better practioner. Just like being white doesn't make you rich. It just so happens that martial arts were ingrained into Asian culture and practiced it as a lifestyle more than a hobbie. I promise you that if we have the same dedication as the monks, we too would be on the same level.

Now, as for Mandirin or Cantonese names for stuff. My take on this is:
    Traditional names are not nessacary, but an added bonus (usually something you pay for). By me calling a postion horse stance as opposed to Ma Bu doesn't take away from the art. Hell, it means the same thing JUST IN ENGLISH and last time I check we spoke English in America. Its nessecary to at least have the translated names on paper. Most Americans wouldn't give two seconds to learn chinese just so they can understand that the attack they're doing is called "Tiger Rips Out the Heart".

Instructors,
    I've trained under a great caucasian instructor, who had the same knowledge as his Chinese counterpart. I've met an Asian instructor whose attitude was entirely wrong considering what his school was like, how his students acted (and fought), and how he presented himself. Again, the saying stands true in this sense as well, It The Practioner. Not the Art (or in this case, his nationality)

Its seems a little racist.
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest