Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anything can be viewed Rascist

Anything can be viewed Rascist

I read the Last Sumurai thread with interest. It reminded me of an old friend, who turned out to be what I would call a white supremascist. I remember, he thought Independence Day was completely rascist. His point was that a black man and a Jewish man were saving the world. He couldn't stand that. He actually believed that the producers/writers were trying to subtlely put that idea into everyones heads. He believed that was the driving factor to produce the movie.

Of course my response, joining in his logical reasonings, was that it was rascist the other way then...what about the fact that a white guy actually ran his ship up into the beam to rescue earth? So the white guy saved the earth. He just grimmaced at me and ignored that one. But he could have said...."well they were actaully trying to show that the white guy helping was a drunk, thus insulting the white race." I would have countered, "No, it was the other way...even a drunk white guy had to step in to actually save the earth..."

And on and on this could go. Since meeting this guy(one rarely actually meets a person like this!), I have seen that a person can take almost any movie, and do this same pointless logic.

I work in business. I am not sure how old everybody here is, but let me offer a short economic fact of life we all learn. In business, as in many aspects of life, MONEY decides what you do. Movie makers are motivated by whatever is in bounds to make money. It is a for-profit business. They don't have the extra funds of investors or even themselves, to spend millions to push personal agenda's. There can always be exceptions, but most of the time, when you have mixed race movies, one can always come up with some diatribe about rasicsm if they want to see it that way.

The way we interpret what we see sometimes, says more about us, than what the details before us actually represent.

I read an interview in a news paper here the other day by a black actor (who's name I forget). He said its great that political corectness has moved on so far that he can now get work as a bad guy on TV again with out the producers automaticaly being condidered rascist.
    LOL.. really, what else did you hear?.. did you hear that he was voted Man of the Year by Kung-Fu Magizine?

I read an interview in a news paper here the other day by a black actor (who's name I forget). He said its great that political corectness has moved on so far that he can now get work as a bad guy on TV again with out the producers automaticaly being considered rascist.
    LOL.. really, what else did you hear?.. did you hear that he was voted Man of the Year by Kung-Fu Magizine?

You're absolutely correct CD, ANYTHING can be turned around to play the racism card, political card, religious card, etc.

Look at Gene Ching for example. A devout Shaolin practitioner that works here at KFM. Sure, they have articles on Wudang kung fu, but what about the uniforms? You can buy different color SHAOLIN uniforms - they even include a Monk bag - but what about Wudang uniforms? Nope, not one! Wudang folks have to SUFFER!

Be nice to your enemy is to be cruel to yourself. - Master Wang (Combat Shuai Chiao) from the EmptyFlower forums.

To locate, close with, and destroy the enemy by
    fire and maneuver, or repel the enemy's assault by fire and close combat. ~ Mission of the Marine Rifle Company

What is best in life? To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women!

he often calls me very late at night inebriated ranting about the "Wu****s" and how it would be better "for everyone just to keep thins seperate". I'm like quit livin in the past dude
    I do not ever see Sifu do anything that could be construed as a hula dancer- hasayfu

Aren't Jewish people white?
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

No they are not considered Caucasian - they are considered Semitic.
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

Technically yes. However, my Jewish friends are as white as you can get. So yes, they are white. However, rasicsm does not need color to exist.

I work for a multi national company, and it appears that in most parts of the world, there are major race problems, even when the races are the same color. If not color, then social status, or caste, or country, or religion. Always something, and always has been something all through history.

The issue is almost always one of culture clash, not just color. With African Americans, and Caucasians, it is easy, black and white. Seems so colorfully contrasted. However, there are other subtle cultural divides between the two groups that seperate them more than just color. The products they buy, entertainment, social behaviors, vernacular, etc. There are a lot of components involved. And that is not limited to our country.

wtf? They look white to me.

Semitic is a race?

If a black person is born albino (it has happened before), do white supremascists still hate them?

Originally posted by IronFist
    wtf? They look white to me.

Semitic is a race?

If a black person is born albino (it has happened before), do white supremascists still hate them?
    Semitic is a racial grouping just like Caucasian, Asian, African/Negro etc.

Interesting question
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.

I honestly didn't know that. I thought it just meant "Jewish person." So you can be a semite who's not Jewish? What is the criteria for semite? Be general. Example: caucasian = light skin, blond to dark brown hair, round eyes, etc.
    Last edited by IronFist; 05-11-2004 at 09:15 PM.

Wanna get more confused? Arabs are also considered Semitic.

I think these racial groupings are based on more than appearance. There are a whole host of things that identify the racial groups, ranging from the region where the group originally came from (Caucasian = Causasus region etc.) and even down to genetic markers.

Here's the dictionary definition:

Sem·ite

1. A member of a group of Semitic-speaking peoples of the Near East and northern Africa, including the Arabs, Arameans, Babylonians, Carthaginians, Ethiopians, Hebrews, and Phoenicians.
    2. A Jew.
    3. Bible. A descendant of Shem.
    "Extra inch, extra power." -Tarm Sarm

I think we can all learn a lesson from Clayton Bigsby. The blind, black, white-supremacist who grew up thinking he was white.

Seriously, CD, your point is golden. The frustrating thing is that once someone identifies something as racist, then if you have the audacity to disagree you are labeled racist as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Greetings..

Racism is a mental attitude, not a definition.. it is intolerance and a belief that one is superior to another.. in a blinding stroke of genius, America's founding fathers (and mothers) saw fit to assert the "all men are created equal" (men being gender neutral, a reference to mankind).. to believe otherwise is racist at some level.. there is no rationalization that validates that anyone is lesser or greater than another in their right to exist and pursue peaceful self-fulfillment..

In-as-much-as we continue to equate the person to their ethnicity or cultural origins, we prejudice their potential to demonstrate otherwise.. "Political correctness" does more to highlight differences than to abolish them, it forces us to consider differences at a level that most folks would not normally even think of..

Be well..
    TaiChiBob.. "the teacher that is not also a student is neither"