Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anything can be viewed Rascist

Greetings..

Sometimes a preference is just that, a preference.. it is when we meet someone that doesn't LOOK as though they fit our preference structure and we ASSUME they will behave contrary to our preferences that prejudice is applicable.. it is the assumption that denies the other person the chance to demonstrate otherwise, the assumption changes our interaction with that person..

Caution born of experience is normal, but when the caution becomes a reason to manipulate the destiny of others it acquires a negative connotation.. evaluate each person on their actions, on their spirit/heart.. not on a preconceived notion that may not apply to any particular individual..

Be well..
    TaiChiBob.. "the teacher that is not also a student is neither"

Originally posted by IronFist
    I honestly didn't know that. I thought it just meant "Jewish person." So you can be a semite who's not Jewish? What is the criteria for semite? Be general. Example: caucasian = light skin, blond to dark brown hair, round eyes, etc.

and since when is religion a ethnicity?
    also all crimes are hate crimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

all crimes are not hate crimes, but that's just me being an a@@ and digressing from the point of this thread. Feel free to ignore.

Originally posted by Shaolinlueb

The term Jew/Jewish is an ethnic label. The religion is Judaism.
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

Originally posted by Shaolinlueb

It can be if a religious group forbids marrying outside their religion:
    Examples:
    jews are forbidden to marry non-jews, etc.
    You end up with a lot of "in-breeding" within a small group.

Most crimes are commited because people got the "power" to do so, hate might be a motivating factor though.

When do the most heinous "crimes hare or otherwise" happen, when you got full and total control over your victim may it be economical, intellectual or by force.
    Example 1:
    Soldiers holding guns while another soldier does the deed/crime, seen in nearly ALL wars since time immemorial.

Example 2:
    A man abuses his wife knowing full well that she cannot say or do anything as has no income, etc of her own,
    or that he is "entitled" to do so either by the society or the legal authorities.

For more info do some research on the following "experiments":
    Zombardo's 1971: Stanford Prison Experiment
    Ron Jones 1972: The (Third) Wave Experiment
    and similar

Both compulsory study materials in many countries (not sure about the US).
    Last edited by T'ai Ji Monkey; 05-12-2004 at 04:22 PM.

My ***** is so big, I'm not entirely certain how I get my pants on in the mornings.
    BreakProof BackŪ Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

Tai Chi Bob said
    In-as-much-as we continue to equate the person to their ethnicity or cultural origins, we prejudice their potential to demonstrate otherwise.
    Now that sounds real nice Bob, but get real. This is NOT what people want. People are driven to identify with their ethnic origins.

African Americans, are PROUD to be that, and they will buy 'authentic' dress to show that, and have their own vernacular, and proclaim loudly, "Black is Beautiful!". And seriously, how can one not look at a black man or woman, and not know they are of African ethnicity? It just 'aint reality. Just because I identify them as African, does not mean that I expect them to commit crimes.

How many Jewish folks let you know boldly they are Jewish? None you say? You haven't been to New York!

I am Irish, and I love my ethnic origin, and I am proud of it. I would never want to lose that.

There is nothing wrong with identifying someone with their ethnic origin. What is wrong, is when you attribute specific steryotypes to those ethinic groups as a group, and then identify the person to the stereotypes associated to the group. Kind of like object oriented programming.....

Jewish people belong to the Afro-Asiatic subgroup, and most other white people belong to the Indo-European subgroup. No one knows where the races came from or if we are all Caucasian AFAIK. You can see a clear difference, however, between Sephardic Jews such as my father's ancestors, who originally lived in Spain (pre-inquistion) and still live in some other countries, and the Jews of Europe known as Ashekenazy and mixed more with other Europeans.

Moses married a Kushi.te princess, that's why my hair is curly.

CD Lee

Greetings..

Now that sounds real nice Bob, but get real. This is NOT what people want. People are driven to identify with their ethnic origins.
    It is that same drive, that same pride that has led to so much division and conflict in our history and currently.. One should embrace their ethnicity, and respect another's embrace of their's.. but, regarding "get real", the sad fact is that it just does'nt happen.. what happens is that folks seperate themselves from others by clinging to the notion that their's is somehow better than everyone else's.. there is a difference between what people "want" and what civilization needs.. there's a heirarchy of identity.. first on the heirarchy is human-being, if we can put that first the rest will work itself out.. but, too often we put other identities like race, culture, religion, etc... first, and that blinds us to the most important issue, we are ALL brothers and sisters of one human race..

Be well..

True Bob. In a sense only. One thing that will never ever change, no matter what one tries, no matter what philosophies one adopts, or religion, is Human Nature. I believe humans naturally being socially ordered beings, seek to identify at some level, first family, then neiborhood, race, country, etc.

What I find amazing, and this goes along with your point, is that what you have in civil rights in our country, are ethnic groups DEMANDING complete equality, YET, these same minorities adamantly identify with their ethnic origins and I think, always will. So what these minority groups say publicaly they are after, is very different than what you are suggesting. You are suggesting a raceless, faceless society free of ethnic pride. A complete utopian melting pot if you will. Just my observation.

CD Lee

Greetings..

I think we pretty much agree.. i suggest that ethnic pride is fine as long as it is second to Human pride..

It is laughable that this country asserts "inalienable rights" (for its citizens), then out-sources labor to third world countries to reap the profits of "sweat-shop" labor and further subjugate the "other" people.

Then, the "other" people struggle to come here (USA) to the "land of milk and honey" to find their dreams.. unfortunately, they bring their nightmares, their cultural pride, and begin to degrade the society they came to enjoy.. they group themselves together for commonallity, for support and to preserve their heritage.. again, the cultural pride prevents the assimilation into the society they wish to join.. AND its not their fault, this country segregates them into demeaning categories, poor neighborhoods, working poor jobs etc.. based on OUR cultural pride.. it's a vicious circle.. We need to think and act globally, not as isolationists or world masters, but as a community of human-beings..

Be well

Bob you said
    It is laughable that this country asserts "inalienable rights" (for its citizens), then out-sources labor to third world countries to reap the profits of "sweat-shop" labor and further subjugate the "other" people.
    Our government does not oursource, our corporations do. The ones that have to stay in business or find a lower paying job. And offerring a job to a low wager earner in another country ADDS revenue to them. That is not subjugating them to us, it is simply lowering our labor rate in this country. If they don't do sweat shop labor for us, what are they going to do? Have no job, further subjugating themselves to all of society.

AND its not their fault, this country segregates them into demeaning categories, poor neighborhoods, working poor jobs etc.. based on OUR cultural pride.. it's a vicious circle
    It's not the US Governments fault either. When will people take the responsibility for their situations??? The government does not tell them where they can live, and what they can buy, and what jobs they are allowed to have. They have a choice. They come here with what they have, and are FREE to buy any home they can afford, in any neighborhood they can afford. They are limited by their own economic level they arrive here with.

What is the solution to this? The Governement allows them to get a high paying job? Are they technical? Do they have the skills to have a high paying job? Would WE like a high paying job? And what about neighborhoods? What is that solution? How are they going to afford a 200,000.00 house if they don't have the skills or job to have that kind of income. Are you suggesting the Government subsidize their mortgages? Don't we have homeless already in this country? How many of us citizens already here would like to live in a nice neighborhood? If we subsidize their houseing, then really, we the people have to PAY for it with real money (taxes).

It is economic reality for somone entering a new labor force. Indians from India, come here all the time and enter middle to upper class society because they have IT skills.

Everything is not the evil Governments fault. People have to take responsibility if they want a better life.

Greetings..

If you don't understand the nuances of Government/business relationships.. the point seem just as you have presented it.. but, it's not that simple.. i've seen the other side from the US Gov't position, there are better choices, just not more profitable ones..

Be well..

Re: CD Lee

Originally posted by TaiChiBob
    Labor 101: people don't take jobs that are inferior in pay and/or safety to the jobs they already have. If America outsources a job to another country, a laborer will fill it there only if it's superior to his options before America outsourced that job. Following this, it is utterly inconcievable that the outsourcing is anything but beneficial to these extra-American laborers.

It's an ironic tragedy - white, middle-class Americas are depriving these people of jobs they desperately want because the employment offends their sensibilities. I think: too bad - white, middle-class Americas sensibilites take backseat to the economic requirements of the third world.

Trade 101: The opposite to free trade (in labor or products) is protectionist trade, whereby a country artificially subsidizes their native laborers and products to out-compete extra-national labor and products. Using protectionist policies, the richest countries can hold the rest of the world ransom by closing down the borders that suit them best. This (the very opposite of free trade, and so-called 'sweat shops') is what is keeping the world poor. When all the jobs and all the money stay in America - surprise, surprise, America stays rich. As surprisingly - the secret to distributing global wealth is letting money and jobs move (out of America), this is called free trade (or products AND labor).

This is why the G20, who represent the majority of the world's population and farmers, have been desperately asking for free trade. Thanks to the tag team of protectionist Democrats and Republicans and those same middle-class protesters, they haven't gotten it.

Oh yes. There is injustice here.

on the subject of jews and their "ethnicity"

I was recently with a friend of mine and we were in a chinese resteraunt here in town and we were discussing religions and such and the subject of "jews" came up. well we were talking about all the different people out there that are "jewish". i think we went over just about every country where the jewish influence was in,,,,However we were both stumped because we didnt know if there was any "Chinese Jews" in the world.
    Well,,hehe we were eating in a chinese resteraunt so we got bold and asked the chinese waiter to come over to our table and we asked him " sir are there any chinese jews?" well the waiter thought a moment and he replied " no we dont have any chinese jews,,we have Orange juice,,apple juice grape juice and pineapple juice" (enter the welcome back kotter theme song).

PEACE,,,,TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.