Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: American Beheaded on AlQueda website

Unhappy American Beheaded on AlQueda website

Its on CNN. Its really fuct up when you think abou it. Especially for his family.
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

I just saw that on the News as well.

Animals.

Quick, lets give them what they want!

"Nick Berg, 26, who was beheaded in Iraq, by an al-Qaida affiliated group, had traveled several times to Third World countries to help spread technology, his family said. He had previously traveled to Ghana, where they said he had purchased a $900 brick-making press for a poor village, the family said.

The video showed Nick Berg, 26, in a staged execution carried out by an al-Qaida affiliated group. The video said the killing was to avenge the abuse of Iraqi prisoners by American soldiers.

“My name is Nick Berg, my father’s name is Michael, my mother’s name is Suzanne,” the man said on the video before being killed. “I have a brother and sister, David and Sara. I live in … Philadelphia.”link
    Last edited by ZIM; 05-11-2004 at 03:30 PM.
    -Thos. Zinn

"Children, never fuss or fret
    Nor let unreason'd tempers rise
    Your little hands were never meant
    To pluck out one anothers eyes"
    -McGuffey's Reader

“We are at a crossroads. One path leads to despair and the other to total extinction. I pray I have the wisdom to choose wisely.”

ستّة أيّام يا كلب

Translation of the Arabic cr@p the killer read out in the vid:

"Nation of Islam. Tidings of dawn and winds of victory have begun for God has honored us with roaring victory in Falluja.

"Nation of Islam. Is there any excuse left to sit idly by? And how can free Muslims sleep soundly as they see Islam being slaughtered, honor bleeding, photographs of shame and reports of Satanic degradation of the people of Islam, men and women, in Abu Ghraib prison?

"Where is the care, fervor and rage for the faith of God, where is the concern for the sanctities of Muslims and where is the revenge for the honor of Muslims in the crusader prisons?

"As for you Islamic scholars, you will answer to God. Do you not see ... the Muslim youth who humiliated the greatest power in history, cut off its nose and shattered its arrogance.

"Do you not see that it is time for you to learn from them the meanings of responsibility and sacrifice. Until when shall you remain like women, excelling only in ... wailing and crying?

"One person pleads with the free of the world, another with (U.N. Secretary-General) Kofi Annan, a third asks for help from (Arab League Secretary-General) Amr Moussa and a fourth calls for peaceful demonstrations as if they never heard God's order for the Prophet (Mohammad) to rally the faithful to fight.

"Have you not had your fill of the war of conferences and battle of words? Is it not time for you to take the path of jihad and carry the sword of the Prophet of prophets? We ask you not to condemn what we will do just to please the Americans.

"The Prophet, the most merciful, ordered (his army) to strike the necks of some prisoners in Badr (battle) and to kill them ... And he set a good example for us.

"As for you Bush, dog of the Christians, anticipate what will harm you and difficult days. You and your soldiers will regret the day you stepped foot in Iraq and dared to violate Muslims.

"A message to the traitorous agent (Pakistani President) Pervez Musharraf: We tell him that we wait eagerly to receive your soldiers and, by God, we will demand them before the Americans and avenge the blood of our brothers in (Afghanistan).

"As for you, mothers and wives of American soldiers, we tell you that we offered the American administration to exchange this prisoner for some prisoners in Abu Ghraib, but they refused.

"We tell you that the honor of Muslim men and women in Abu Ghraib and other (prisons) are more noble than blood and lives.

"And you will only get shroud after shroud and coffin after coffin slaughtered in this manner."
    Translation in short: "C'mon, this is what Islam requires..."

The vid, btw, is probably one of the most disturbing things you will ever see. NOT recommended for sensitive souls.

Uh...Nick didn't die clean or fast.
    Last edited by ZIM; 05-11-2004 at 06:36 PM.
    -Thos. Zinn

"Children, never fuss or fret
    Nor let unreason'd tempers rise
    Your little hands were never meant
    To pluck out one anothers eyes"
    -McGuffey's Reader

“We are at a crossroads. One path leads to despair and the other to total extinction. I pray I have the wisdom to choose wisely.”

ستّة أيّام يا كلب

thank you al queda for getting us off the hook in terms of the abu graib stuff. you've proved that you are much worse.
    I do not ever see Sifu do anything that could be construed as a hula dancer- hasayfu

Abu Garib is a horrible situation and the perpetrators deserved to be punished. They say they were told to do it, but you can't fake a smile like the one England wore in all the pictures.
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

"We were winning international sympathy because of what happened at Abu Ghraib, but they come and waste it all," Sahar said of the Islamic militants responsible.
    Does THAT sound familiar?
    I do not ever see Sifu do anything that could be construed as a hula dancer- hasayfu

no
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

To be honest the Abu Ghraib & Berg incidens are shocking but not unexpected.

Abu Ghraib appears to me were vague orders given to untrained soldiers but no control over their execution was done, thus things spiraled out of control.
    What we have seen so far is exactly what would hit muslims the hardest, and I doubt that a few reserve MP's would come up with those. Also some of the techniques used were/are used by a variety of countries during interrogation.

News reports say that the new material that was recently reviewed by congress contain even worse offenses and again I am not surprised.

In order to understand what the soldiers & Iraqi's go through right now I find 2 lessons I had to learn in school very helpful:
    Zimbardo 1971: Stanford Prison Experiment
    Ron Jones 1972: Palo Alto "The Wave/The Third Wave" experiment.

Both are compuslory study materials in a few countries(not sure about the US).
    Good material and I think evertbody should know about them and other similar experiments that were done.

Cheers.
    Last edited by T'ai Ji Monkey; 05-12-2004 at 04:54 PM.

TaiJi Monkey hit the nail on the head.
    I think Nic's murder is getting so much play here in the states so it takes some of the light off of our crimes in Iraq. I promise that Abu Garib is just the thin candy shell of the things that happen in Iraq. War truely is Hell.

I've read about the two experiments. Its an interesting read. It talks about normal (sympathetic even) people put in front of a switch that is "administers an electric shock to a person in another room." They had a person playing a doctor who told them to turn up the switch. He told them to turn it past a marker that said "DANGER: High Voltage!!!" most people did and some even laughed at an actors screams in the next room.
    Last edited by CaptinPickAxe; 05-13-2004 at 01:11 AM.
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

Originally posted by CaptinPickAxe
    I think Nic's murder is getting so much play here in the states so it takes some of the light off of our crimes in Iraq.
    Yeah, because a globally distributed video of a young man systematically chosen to introduce himself, name his family, then have his head sawed off with a knife isn't that big a deal.

i feel sorry for him.. but at least they didnt strip him naked, dress him in women's panties and masturbate on his face.
    u know, like the americans did to the iraqis in abu ghraib.

You sincerely believe that war criminals being naked is worse than a civilian having his head sawed off?

they didn't humiliate those abu graib terrorist prisoners enough. They were trying to get information to save peoples lives, americans and iraqis. People say the US is worse than Saddam no Militant Islam is worse than Saddam.

Its truely guesome, CM. But don't think the press should be exploiting it the way they are for 3 reasons:

1.Stress on the victims family
    2.Its unnessecary
    3.It exploits his death to give Americans a renewed vigor in the war against terrorism.

Don't get me wrong, CM. Its a ****ed up situation and completely wrong. However, I think there is something more to the topic since its on CNN 24 hours a day.
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

Originally posted by Christopher M
    You sincerely believe that war criminals being naked is worse than a civilian having his head sawed off?

For a devout Muslim it can be, most of them were/are also CIVILIANS. We got many interviews with ex-prisoners over here that said they prefer to be torured under saddam to the US treatment, why because Saddam still treated them as MEN.

Also the prisoners were threatened that those photos would be send to their families and friends if they did not coorperate.