Thread: which arts teach dim mak?

which arts teach dim mak?

my wing chun sifu said he could kill people by pressing certain points. He also trained in hung gar

Most martial arts have "Dim Mak" I think.

my wing chun sifu said he could kill people by pressing certain points.
    ask him to prove it

I believe him

Thumbs up

There's probably some places in the brain and heart where you could kill someone by pressing. I think surgery teaches this.

Sure, if I punch you in the head enough times in the same spot I'll probably kill you as well. If I press certain points on your body with a knife, I'll kill you.

For the most part Dim Mak probably won't work like everyone thinks it will. Striking the throat would do some damage obviously, but until I see hard proof of someone striking a specific spot on the body like on the back of the head and causing death, I won't believe it.
    I have a signature.

ive seen people get punched hard all over, not seen one of them die though. conclusion? its BULLSH*T!!!!
    "If there is no grand plan; if there is no big picture; if nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do."

I wouldn't quite call it bullsh@t... I have seen knockouts(in person) that where done by hitting points leading up a meridian.( and that was back in my Karate days I have also been hit in the base of the skull while sparring(the back of the head where the hair stops above the neck..i believe it is called the jade gate) and it was like a power outage for the body. Everything went black and my body kinda just froze for a second. I didn't feel right for the rest of the day after that shot. No, i haven't seen anyone die from a pressure point hit.......but, I wouldn't say it couldn't happen!
    Last edited by Supervillian; 05-15-2004 at 04:24 AM.

You're "Wing Chun" Sifu is having you on, and I for one call bullsh*t on him. How does he know he knows Dim Mak? Ask who he killed to test it. He'll probably give you the run around complete with some bogus philosophy.

Dim Mak's a joke perpetrated by people who couldn't be bothered training hard at a martial art and would rather find the easy way out.