Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Houston Cma Exhibition Video

Houston Cma Exhibition Video

Interesting Exhibition Video

I watched the whole thing and i have a question about the beginning of the video and the demonstrations of what i believe to be "hsing-i", am i correct in this? If not,,what was all that?

The other question i had about the video is " which ones were the "Teachers" demonstrating?

Peace,,,TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

St jean sur richelieu (Montreal south shore)
    that was far from xingyi. Probly southern mantis.. looks pretty bad to me

i think it's jook lum..southern mantis.
    it might look bad but i hear its very effective.

well it looks like

some form of fajing training or something like that. kinda weird if you ask me.

Still though,, i would like to know which people in the video are the TEACHERS and Instructors.

PEACE,,,TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

it was the jook lum of my si gung henry poo yee. about half the people who performed mantis were already a master of another style before becoming his enter the gate student. examples are the guy hwo did the lung ying and pai mei, my sifu who did bagua (he was the one who was doing the tornado kick when the credits roled, he also did chen taiji new frame, the solo one). so in other words, both masters and students were performing. the rest of the people were jsut students. other than paul chu who did choy lay fut.

the mantis uses a short "jing", which makes it look weird. it may be different from gin foon marks or louie jack mans jook lum.

hi curly

hi htowndragon.....so you are a grandson of po yee....wow!!!! w wit your teacher eugene is a disciple awesome!!!!!! so how can we do hands!!!!! hey your bagua form is kinda off...you have the motions but incorrect footwork.....so do you do spm???? and what days do you practise? maybe i can come by and check it out? so do you even know what dip kwut kung is? what about sai moon look hop sow??? can your teacher teach me sop bot bien??/ i am sure he knows it ...he is a disciple right?? and also curly where is master yees school....??? will you be there??? i sure would like to challenge one of his students ...i wouldnt mind touching hands with you either..it would be a delight to gong sow with the grand child of grandmaster henry po yee...so are you the next in lineage after your teacher the disciple? some one told me you do tin si chi kung? wow...!!!!! so i am lookimg forward to getting my butt kicked by you or your teacher!!!!!! do you think master yee is still taking in disciples? can you get me in ..i would like to bai si??? well curly my fingers are starting to cramp up...besides why do you waste so much time on the internet,,..you could spend a little more time practising your spm or chi kung.........well i will check up in a few hours set up a meeting ok please thanks bye.....oh by the way the first form in the video is hard chi kung to build iron body ( som bo fung ngon choi) second form is som bo gin then there is um dimkuen to then there is siem kuen to lo then there was 108 not bad

well se you around i will be looking for you curly...and i am going to talk to master henry po yee about your lineage to jooklum ok bye

whos curly?

whos curly?

that wasn't me, that was my si di. i never said i was si gung yee's grandson. my sifu was one of his last enter the gate students. i live in colorado, i wasn't there as much as i wanted to be.

who are you? you seem to know a lot about si gung yee, who my sifu is, and sounds like your trying to threaten me with something.
    Last edited by htowndragon; 05-26-2004 at 08:45 PM.

no

sorry h town dragon whom lives in colorado but studies under eugene....which by the ways resides in houston texas....dont mean to make you feel threaten.......who cares where or who you learn from.....just wanted to talk hands with you....just want to be fun...exchanging punches...i mean why do we learn kung fu?/ for excercise..hell noooo man we learn kung fu is to kick some ass ..break some ribs,,,,,,dont you get the rush from caving in someones skull......yeahhhh...no hey curly i just really into those spm dudes.....they trip me out.....have a deep yearning to study this mantis stuff......peace ok hey but if you do decide to throw a few punches let me know!!!! i will be there asap...... well hope you someday will be 6TH or is it &th generaton gandmaster for real go after your dreams.....oh yeh can you give me addresse for the spm school and phone#.......or better yet what day are the real fighters there?

What are the applications of all those little shufling movements?
    the throws looked good but some of it just looked like it was trying too hard to look like a matis and not to fight.
    i do northern 7 star and it looked very different from that.

Reply to txdragonslayer:

Hello txdragonslayer, I would have rather taken this to you directly but for some reason you have chosen not to take direct e-mail's from this forum. Most of the people on the tape are young student's of CKFA and you really dont want to waste your time with them, I'm sure it wont improve your reputation. On the other hand your more then welcome to try my hand if your ever in the Pa. area. I have a few more years with CKFA then most of these people and I'm sure you'd enjoy touching hand's with me, it would be so much more rewarding and satisfying for you. I really don't like throwing this kind of crap out on an open forum because people like you never seem to be able to do anthing other then make excuses for never showing. Anyway, feel free to stop in and see me anytime:
    Paul Huber
    404 River Corner Rd.
    Conestoga, Pa. 17516

Hello,

I am also a student of CKFA from Israel.

For me, this is the first time I've seen US students do Jook Lum and it was very exciting.

If any of you can upload some more CKFA demo videos I'd be more then graceful.

wow those kids in the red pants were kewl. was that wushu?
    Last edited by Xdr4g0nx; 05-27-2004 at 01:31 PM.

Yeah, that was wushu...

What an annoying demo video.. too choppy, as in if you are going to show someone doing something, don't wait for them to get a tenth in, then cut to something else, then cut back.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

Yeah Looks Like Good SPM to me

Hey Htown Dragon thanks for the video I really enjoyed it. Tell Blondel, Paul, and Sam when you see them there Seven Star Mantis Brothers in Fort Worth Said Hello. Hope to see them all at the Chin Woo this year.

Shen Zhou
    "Learn to see a persons weak spots; even if a ready or on position is used."
    Lai Sifu