Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Troy (the Movie)

I think Russel Wong would have played a better Achilles, or even Jet Li. Certainly make fights scenes better than Brad Spitt.

Tit Sa that just plain racism!!!!

Troy looks so ****ing bad I aint going near that ****. And who the hell said Van Hellsing was good? It was like a Disney-Hollywood-Sell-out version of a wannabe horror movie. 200 million on special effects doesn't make a good movie.

Yea I'm racist!
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Originally posted by Tit Sa
    I think Russel Wong would have played a better Achilles, or even Jet Li. Certainly make fights scenes better than Brad Spitt.
    The one trick pony returns!

here's my take on this movie (haven't seen it yet) and all movies like it.

First - It's not the fukking book/calssic story/poem, what have you so don't go comparing it. If you go into the movie expecting it to be, your an idiot who apprently hasn't bothered to see many movies lately based on other things.

Second - it's got lots of fighting and battles - that's cool with me. The effects look good from the previews I've seen so I'll probbaly enjoy it as a movie based very loosely on the story.

Third - It stars some actors who aren't ancient greeks, and who don't know how ancient greeks behaved, talked or anything else. That means I'm not going to go in expecting it to be straight out of the history books and as authentic as possible. It was obviously put together to entertain me, so barring some catastrophicly terrible writing or acting, I will most likley do just that, enjoy it.

Fourth - it's most likely a racist plot against someone on the face of tha planet anyway.

In short, don't expect it to be the Illiad, and don't expect it to be accurate to that story, or history in anyway, and you will most likely enjoy the movie. I enjoyed Braveheart, it was terribly inaccurate, and probably offenisve to anyone who takes their scottish history seriously, but it was still a fun movie. I enjoyed Gladiator, it continued hollywoods series of inaccurate but lossely based on history, movies.

It might be worth a rental...when I'm drunk.
    "Don't Focus on the Fingers or You will miss all the Heavenly Glory!"

Morbicid-"Maybe some moves are made just so that, if u somehow manage to pull them off in a fight, u get some serious bragging rights.

Many famous fighters have done this (roy jones jr, chuck norris, Morbicid, etc)"

bomb? do you mean STINK bomb? well, if so, then yes

I must have missed it, did Peter Otoole kill some blind, poor children and having to act with Pitt was his toture as retribution?

uh, last time I went to school the batttle took TEN YEARS, Achilles was killed well before the end, Helen went home with her ALIVE husband, and what happened to the rivalry of the godesses?
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

what happened to the rivalry of the godesses?
    come on man, you know that's not historically accurate!

if you don't believe in godess rivalry, you haven't been in a NYC nightclub on a Sat night.....
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

I think that's "crossdress" rivalry...

Tit Sa that just plain racism!!!!
    If Tom Cruise can pass as a Samurai, I think Russel Wong can be Achilles.

The one trick pony returns!
    ...and you are so intrigued by me that you just have to say something.

Originally posted by Tit Sa

...and you are so intrigued by me that you just have to say something.
    I thought I told you only to reply by PM.

Left half way through it.
    Thought the dialogue was pretty cheesey.

Didn't like Pitt as Achilles, but as far as a character in that non-Illiad-based movie; he was one of the more interesting people.
    Thought his fighting style was a cross between capoeira, tai chi, and ghey... but i did like his little killing blow because it was consistant with the finishing blow used when a gladiator got a thumbs-down.

Bana's character was one of the few sympathetic ones in the movie, although I'm not sure how consistant he was with Illiad Hector, and his melodramatic speeches were often campy enough to make me giggle.

On the other hand, I really did dig the chick I was with at that one. We had to leave because she was getting an international phone call.

Oh yah, and Van Helsing was a pretty fun ride. Not the greatest movie, but a fun ride nontheless. Different date to that one. She's nice, but not really someone I dig.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

every movie is racist to you people on the board. even shaft ina frica is racist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

I thought I told you only to reply by PM.
    For what? I got nothing to hide. You posted your reply, and I should hide mines? hahaha.....yes my master, i shall comply.