Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ashida Kim fight video...

Hey! That's not true!....There were a couple of WWF style throws in there as well, heh, heh, heh.

LOL! I love some of the mindless posting. The fight itself didn't look that bad, period. There is no debate about it cause your watching it. It wasn't ultimate fighting, but there was a some solid and regular contact and the fighters looked to be under control most of the time. The fact that it might have been ashida kim (by the wat I don't see a date on the film so assuming its recent might be wrong) doesn't change the fact that the fight was a pretty good fight for a sport type venue. hell even if it was choreographed it still wasn't too bad.

It did look like there were some solid hits landing. I doubt any of the KF people here would do much better in the ring.

What's the problem with the ref? He's wearing a camcorder helmet and a VCR pack to tape the fight. It looks like standard skydiving gear.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

What's the problem with the ref? He's wearing a camcorder helmet and a VCR pack to tape the fight.

Before that video and your pointing it out, I had no idea what the hell he was wearing, I just thought it was some cooky costume.

Mmm...cookies...

I guess I better go look at that video again to see what you guys are seeing. Maybe I just couldn't get past the wierd togs and that same tomoe throw happening over and over.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

The fact that the ref is wearing a vcr might mean the fight is old, back when Ashida Kim was younger.

Oh, btw, to anyone who doesn't know, Ashida Kim = Christopher Hunter = White guy using asian name to sell ninja books. Except he messed up and used a Japanese first name and a Korean last name. Oops.

Other fun facts:

1. "Ashida Kim's" first book was published under the name Christopher Hunter. It has pics of him in it.

2. Other AK books have pics of AK in them, and he looks just like CH.

3. I don't know if it still is, but www.ashidakim.com used to be registered to Christopher Hunter
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Some clean throws
    lmao!!

those throws were OBVIOUSLY cooperative to anybody with a smidge of throwing expereince.
    Fairfax Jiu-Jitsu

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Muay Thai, Capoeira & Mixed Martial Arts

the ref is wearing a video camera strapped to his helmet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Originally posted by blooming lotus
    waiting for the download...respecting Ashida Kim before I even heard his name here...
    Why does that not surprise me?

Originally posted by ShaolinTiger00
    lmao!!

those throws were OBVIOUSLY cooperative to anybody with a smidge of throwing expereince.
    ST00 has viciously tomoe-nage'd the correct, then proceeded to shove it seven feet backwards into the rope and hit it with a flying dropkick.

This is obviously a choreographed match and anyone stating otherwise doesn't know what a non-choreographed match looks like.
    "hey pal, you wanna do the dance of destruction with the belle of the ball, just say the word." -apoweyn

Originally Quoted by Red5angel.
    I'm not seeing that at all. Look slike a good full contact match to me. Some clean throws, some nice shots, even some of the big ones. I know the guys reputation is screwy but it looks like a good fight.
    The fight itself didn't look that bad, period. There is no debate about it cause your watching it. It wasn't ultimate fighting, but there was a some solid and regular contact and the fighters looked to be under control most of the time. The fact that it might have been ashida kim (by the wat I don't see a date on the film so assuming its recent might be wrong) doesn't change the fact that the fight was a pretty good fight for a sport type venue

"There's a sucker born every minute "

hehe PEACE,,,TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

ok..you're probably right...I would expect AK to be much better myself...not due to the bod though, I know plenty of 50 + er hunnys with bods...laugh if you must...while we're driving away and you're going WTF??!!

wtf?

I hafta admit, many of BL's posts have me sayin' "WTF?". 'Course that's usually 'cause she can't write very well, but I guess she's not alone there.

This Ashida Kim guy is really annoying, he keeps deleting posts and banning people who have opinions and questions of their own who aren't Bullshido trolls. And all this time he complains that Bullshido doesn't allow him and his crew to have opinions of their own.

TWS and Fatherdog - I didn't say it wasn't choreographed, I even said I thought it was odd the same throw was being done in the same corner, a sure sign it most likely was - however, any idiot stating emphatically that this fight is obviously choreographed is, well an idiot. I've seen plenty fo fights, not hard in this day and age with oh I don't know cable tv, the internet, you know all that crazy technology. I'm also not going to bow to peer pressure on this and assume the this fight just HAS to be fake so I can impress all my KFO freinds with my hatred in fellowship of Ashida Kim
    Ultimately, my bet is it is somewhere in between. Some of it looks choreographed, some of it does not.