Thread: eczema

eczema

Is there a cure for eczema using tcm? if not at least suppress it so it doesn't flare up often

obiously speaking tcm it's an overheating of some system....if I remember i'll check it out andget back to you...speaking western med...???maybe explore your vitamin c intake...too much can do that to you....also oils...maybe oils are lacking....certain fats have cooling properties in tcm...don't quote my diagnosis but consider it anyway

Eczema

Hi there,

Eczema is usually found on the flexor aspect of the body ie inside the wrist, cubitt's marsh (elbow bend), popliteal fossa (back of the knee), etc.

In tcm depending on if the eczema patches are moist and weeping then it maybe due to damp heat, if the eczema is dry then it may be due to heat in the blood.

Causes for damp heat is usually from dairy products ie milk, cheese, cream, butter, etc which creates dampness in the stomach and spleen. This dampness inhibits the spleens function in transforming and transporting "Gu Qi - Food Qi" into pure useable energy.... so the channels and systems become blocked due to the dampness.

The heat is due to the stagnation of Qi from the dampness but can also be exsaperated by eating energetically hot foods like curries, red meat, spicy food which drys out body fluids.

Heat in the Blood, shows up when the skin becomes very dry with red blotches / patches on the skin - this is a chronic condition that is best treated with herbs, as the blood and Yin of the body need to nourished.

Combination treatment using acupuncture and herbs shouldbe able to sort it out for you, either that, or it will certainly control it a whole lot better than western meds.
    Dave Stevens

TheBlackDragons Guest

If you smoke cigerattes or weed ,,you should discontinue

immediately

??? why is that???.I know during cigarettesmoking your body temp raises a degree....same with weed???....

****, I smoke. I smoke only 1-2 cigarettes a day.

I smoke a packette every 2 -3 days, and have just taught my students the negative associations.........crazy no??..yes ...giving up any day now :P..........but how does that effect ecsma???..............obviously tcm wise, we're talking lungqi and oxygenation, which skins need to be healthy.........so deprive them of this and.oh.okay.I think I get the the association