Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ot- chronicles of rid****

ot- chronicles of rid****

vin diesel looks like he plays the same character in that other movie pitch black. are the two connected at all?
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Yeah, it's a semisequel to Pitch Black. Vin was talking about it on the Daily Show back when "xxx" came out.
    BreakProof BackŪ Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

It's the prequel to Pitch Black. It's the story of what happened to Diesel's character prior (I believe immediately prior) to Pitch Black.
    The cinnabun palm is deadly, especially when combined with the tomato kick. - TenTigers

It looks pretty good.

Pitch Black was good, too.

Pitch Black was awesome because it was moody and understated. I'll hold out judgment on the chronicles to see if they do it right or throuw together some non-sense summer action movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

From the trailer, it looks like a non-sense summer action movie. I liked Pitch Black, though.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

It's not a prequel, it's after the Pitch Black movie. It also sounds like there is supposed to be atleast one more film if not two more in the series. Vin Diesel mentioned that it was a story supposed to be told in three films, but didn't mention if that included Pitch Black or starts with Chronicles.

Overall I'm fairly excited for it. Pitch Black was cheesy, "B" quality but it was fun as hell and Rid**** was a great character.

awesome. yeah right after i posted this i looked on imdb. :doh:

pitch black was awesome. i thought it was a great action movie. i want to see this movie too. it looks sweet. when i heard cedromunda i thought it was about warhammer at first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Originally posted by Shaolinlueb
    when i heard cedromunda i thought it was about warhammer at first.
    Who's Warhammer?

It's not a prequel, it's after the Pitch Black movie.
    Sorry for the bad info. I read an article about the videogame based on the film, and they said the movie was a prequel.

Anyway, I think Pitch Black was probably Diesel's best performance to date. There was at least a little depth to his character as opposed to the cardboard cutout tough guys he's been playing since then. Hopefully he'll turn in another decent performance in Ridd!ck.

I'll go see it regardless. I can't resist big budget sci fi movies, no matter how lame they often end up being. Hell, I'm going to see I, Robot, and I'm pretty sure it's going to be lame.
    The cinnabun palm is deadly, especially when combined with the tomato kick. - TenTigers

I think it was being touted as a prequel at first but the interview I read with him mentions he makes a stop at some snow planet to pick up the only other survivor of the first movie.

My prediction is this movie will be delightfully cheesy. Any movie that has planet called "Cremetoria" is going to be awesome!

Originally posted by dwid

Hell, I'm going to see I, Robot, and I'm pretty sure it's going to be lame.
    You may be right, but I like Will Smith and the source material's author has turned out some really good stories that became classic Sci-Fi so it might be good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

just don't go expecting it to be the freakin book on the big screen. nothing ****es me off more then walking out of a movie and hearing some **** complaining that it was nothing like the book, well DUH!

[writer rant]

Nothing I hate more than some coked-up Hollywood producer and director conspiring to make the source material "more accessible" so the vast majority of stupid Americans won't feel dumb while watching the movie version.

[/writer rant]
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

I haven't actually read I, Robot, and I don't plan on reading it in the near future (maybe after seeing the movie I'll be inspired to read it). However, I've been told the story is more or less a puzzle of logic, which doesn't translate well into an action film format. So, I'm not really expecting the movie to follow anything beyond the bare bones of the story. I have an open mind about it. I liked A.I., even though it certainly would have been a different film if Kubrick had lived to make it.

Regarding the whole dumbing down stories issue, I think Bladerunner is a classic example of a translation to film that stayed true to the spirit of the story while eliminating whole elements of the story to make it more accessible. It's a shame more directors don't approach the source material with the respect that Ridley Scott did with that film.