Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sex in Abu Ghraib Prison.

Thumbs up

Good post Chris M.

Completely agreed.

However you're using a few too many shoulds and should nots for my liking! Of course, the American people will judge Bush's administration partly on its failure to adequately address the prison abuse issue (which because of its historical precedence and indivisible links to some part of human nature may be impossible to adequately address) and even maybe choose Kerry partly because of their perception of what he may do or may have done... which though not logical, is fine by me, cos I don't like Bush!

There is still relevance to Bush's performance in how he handles this. The baseline (which although harsh is black and white) is the military judicial procedure, training protocols and framework for redress of complaints. If he orders/initiates a review of this whole procedure he will be deemed (unfairly) as being too late; and anything else will be (unfairly) dismissed as not being enough. I say unfairly, but are human emotion and expectation factors which should be left out of decision-making altogether? That would be another unhealthy ideal.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Originally posted by Mat
    but are human emotion and expectation factors which should be left out of decision-making altogether?
    Yes.

wasn't that just another "should?"
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

This is rather offtopic for the thread, but I figure it'd be even worse to start another new offtopic thread on the Iraq war, so here it is.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story...224075,00.html

Seems there's a strong possiblility that Chalabi is a double agent for Iran, and has fed the US false info that resulted in our taking out their worst regional enemy. Boy, nothing quite like being duped into carrying water for one of the "Axis of Evil" eh?
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

If proven true (is that really necessary, to be true, anymore?), that's gonna be a hooj issue come election time.

The CIA allegations bring to a head a dispute between the CIA and the Pentagon officials instrumental in promoting Mr Chalabi and his intelligence in the run-up to the war. By calling for an FBI counter-intelligence investigation, the CIA is, in effect, threatening to disgrace senior neo-conservatives in the Pentagon.
    CIA vs NeoCons @ Pentagon: In a battle where there can be now winner . . . WHO WILL WIN?!
    BreakProof BackŪ Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

Since the air has been cleared for slightly OT comments, here is a beefy tidbit someone (thanks) forwarded my way; it's revealing wrt some of the nuances of French foreign policy in the middle east, and their opposition to America in this matter. Wheels within wheels, eh?