Thread: WC weapon question/clips

BurtRaynolds Guest

WC weapon question/clips

As far as I know WC/WT/VT uses two weapons Butterfly-knives and stick. Is this true? Does WC, WT and VT use both weapons?

Do you know where I can find any video clips of the use of WC/WT/VT weapons? I've seen a lot of unarmed WC clips, but can't seem to find any weapon ones.

Thanks for you help.

BurtRaynolds Guest
    Is there nobody that know or can't anyone be bothered to reply? :confused:

reneritchie Guest
    Hi Burt,

There are no big differences between most WC/VT/WT, other than spelling. Almost all Wing Chun (regardless of spelling) has the double knives (seung do) and single ended pole (dan tao gwun) as their weapons.

I don't know of any online clips, unfortunately.

Rgds,

RR

marcus_pasram Guest

Pan Nam VCDs

Hi Burt,

Check out Pan Nam SiFu's VCD collection. I've heard some good remarks on the Pole set in the collection.

I believe tom parker may be able to put you in touch with the goods. Check www.wingchunkuen.com for a link to Tom's website.

Cheers . Marcus
    Wing Chun Kung Fu NYC

Mokujin Guest

Burt, I found a clip...

Burt-

I found a clip from Black Belt Mag.com.

Description:
    Grandmaster Philip Holder showcases butterfly swords and self defense.

Black Belt Magazine

I haven't seen it because I am too lazy to download QuickTime player, so I can't tell you if its good or not. I'm sure you can find an opinion or two on P.Holder around here somewhere. ;)

Hope this helps.

Peace
    :D

wingchunwsl Guest

different weapons

i've heard that some other people teach other weapons such as the blow darts... somethin like that. i think i read about it in your book Wing Chun Kuen, Rene. some good stuff there.