Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Question about the Zhenzhou/Shaolin Tourny in Oct this year

go go!!!

Does anyone here know of a travel agency best suited to provide travel arrangements for a trip of this nature?
    Consciousness is a being, the nature of which is to be conscious of the nothingness of its being.
    - Jean-Paul Sartre

i wanna go too . i have the cash, i should jsut do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Travel arrangements

Right now, the USAWKF is providing a tour package and there are claims that they are the only authorized group to go through for Americans. I'm not sure how it's being handled in other countries and I'd be interested to hear from anyone here outside the USA who might know about this. If you're going to try and do it on your own, I always recommend C.I.T.S. for travel near Shaolin.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

i wanna go..but dont tink i can..and dont really wanna travel to china all by my self..lolz..and i got school and work...sux.....
    record lots of footage....and upload it..=D =D..and let us watch...lolz

Originally posted by Pk_StyLeZ
    i wanna go..but dont tink i can..and dont really wanna travel to china all by my self..lolz..and i got school and work...sux.....
    record lots of footage....and upload it..=D =D..and let us watch...lolz

yah, madg;ls, astajoi ask atioh lkahtoi boyz ayouta akhoui aslkn!

I might try to go. How long does it ususally take to travel from Hangzhou to Zhenzhou? Can you do it by bus or do you need to use a plane to get there in 24 hrs or less?
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Gene wrote:
    None probably. Last I heard, the Fujian temples have not been recognized by the Abbot. My guess is that he's waiting until they get their act together. It's a bit of a problem that there are three competing temples in Fujian, all vying for the same title.
    This sounds strange to my ears, because the South Shaolin Temple in Putian Province is run by the former abbot of the North Shaolin temple.

Kind regards,
    KPE

Gene wrote:
    Right now, the USAWKF is ...... and there are claims that they are the only authorized group to go through for Americans. I'm not sure how it's being handled in other countries and I'd be interested to hear from anyone here outside the USA who might know about this.
    Hello Gene,

Here is my story how it worked in the Netherlands. The Netherlands Wushu Federation (NWF), who like the USAWKF is member of the IWUF, has got an invitation. But they are not sending a team, because they are mostly involved in modern Wushu.

I heard of two persons that are going. Actually they are Sifu, that have schools. One doing HG will be entered through the Hong Kong Martials Arts Association. The other one doing CLF is part of a team of his Sifu in the USA !!!

Kind regards,
    KPE

Netherlands

That's kinda funny - going through the US. As for the 'northern temple abbot' that's a bit of a misnomer. If they mean the Songshan Temple, no actual abbots are alive accept for the current one. There are, however, several senior monks that served as 'honorary' abbots during the gap between this abbot and the previous one. You might take a look at my cover story for our Nov/Dec 2003 Shaolin Special. It discusses this.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Re: Travel arrangements

Originally posted by GeneChing
    Right now, the USAWKF is providing a tour package and there are claims that they are the only authorized group to go through for Americans. I'm not sure how it's being handled in other countries and I'd be interested to hear from anyone here outside the USA who might know about this. If you're going to try and do it on your own, I always recommend C.I.T.S. for travel near Shaolin.

ugh for that price i can go for half a year over to master hu's school.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Travel to China

China has been getting more and more expensive every year - it'll cost more next year. But I always encourage everyone who can travel to do so. You learn so much travelling.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Schedule

Here's the info I have for the 1st World Traditional Wushu (Kung Fu) Championships in 2004

10/15: Arrival and registration
    10/16: AM: Meetings. Noon: Welcome Banquet. Eve: Opening Ceremony and Gala Night
    10/17-18: Competition & Thesis Seminar
    10/19: Welcome ceremony in Dengfeng, Shaolin Temple visit
    10/20: Competition & Thesis Seminar. Eve. Closing ceremony
    10/21: Departure, sightseeing or Duan exams.

See you there!
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Re: Gigi is going

Originally posted by GeneChing
    We're both going. How often does that happen?

that sounds extremely cool Gene, and since I'm stranded here time being, should I rock up???

If I do, what can I expect to see?????

B

"what can I expect to see?"
    Probably the soles of Gene's shoes as he runs away from you!
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust