Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Student in my class gets attacked

Student in my class gets attacked

Im just coming back from training tonight. What a session it was.
    Theres this guy who hasnt been training for about 5 months now, hes a good friend of mine as well, he says he's been concentrating on his studies.
    So today he just came in to train.
    After the class the guy had a discussion with our sifu, he tells sifu that since he's been away he tried a thai boxing class and that the wing chun techniques worked well for him.

Then sifu tells him he should work on his forms its time for him to move onto level 2 (level 2 = chum kui, 3 = Bui jee) . The guy replies saying ive been training wing chun just as long as some of the level 2s. He goes on to say hes better than some of the level 2 and 3s.

Sifu says "ok then", tells him to free spar with a level 3 student Sifu picks one of his his top students. He does ok but he ultimately loses the match, this level 3 is the english full contact champion.

Then hes asked by sifu to spar with a level 2, you can see the guy isnt too fit , he's now breathing heavy and cant even lift his leg up to black kicks. He's too tired to fight but he fares better with the level 2.

After the fight sifu starts swearing at this guy and says how his students should have beat him even more. The guy apologises to both seniors.

Then sifu gets up with his eyes redened he's obviously very angry now of a sudden, says how can you just come in here and just say that you're better than us. Then rushes in and attacks the guy. Our sifu isnt a small guy he wells over 300 pounds. The guy keeps yelling "Sifu i said i was sorry", but its no use. Sifu says are you going going to defend yourself, he nods his head then says "no, sifu I had so much respect for you, i looked up to you.".

Sifu just walked out after the incident. I dunno whether the guy should come back or not. I dunno if this guy did anything really wrong. Its kinda surprising that sifu didnt consider the "his" student even though he's been training him for over 3yrs now, sad.
    Last edited by Vio; 05-25-2004 at 06:00 PM.

Vio:

Your 300 lb. sifu, who let's his students tire out another student to the point of exhaustion, and then beats him up...this guy needs some psychotherapy.

And you may need a new instructor - because you could be next !

Just some unsolicited advice.

I concur with Victor on this. Bullying one cowed guy with thugs is not my idea of a healthy, learning environment.

Regards,
    PH

Indeed. Doesn't sound like a person I'd like to train with.
    BreakProof BackŪ Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

Agree. The student shouldn't have been so ****y, but the Sifu's reaction was way OTT.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

In lieu of better overall judgement and self control, perhaps the "sifu" had sufficient forethought to secure insurance. Researching for a reliable solicitor is probably not out of line either; by the sounds of things he will likely need one sooner or later. In a civil society, the behavior you describe is totally unacceptable.

Regardless if it's something as "forgivable" as a chemical imbalance, the end result of a really rotten day, or simply an anger management problem, someone responding in that way does indeed need to get help.

With basic elements of trust shattered, why any student would elect to train in that sort of environment is beyond me.

Regards,
    - Kathy Jo

dude
    your sifu is a p ussy if this story is true point blank

sounds like he needs a good shoe job in the alley after class
    and the fact , you don't just give him the finger and tell him to kiss your ass amazes me ,

if my sifu ever tried to bomb on my friend or anyone that in know in no way deserved it
    i would have no problem bombing on him

i had a guy in my class get all pysco years ago and try to beat on a older guy

i ripped a thigh kick on him and put him in a choke hold with out a second thought

i got no love for people that take advantage .
    If the truth hurts , then you will feel the pain

Do not follow me, because if you do, you will lose both me and yourself....but if you follow yourself, you will find both me and yourself

You sound rather pompous Ernie! -- by Yung Chun
    http://wslglvt.com

Ernie,

You truly are a stand up guy.

My sifu is one of the nicest guys ever. He never forces you to do anything you do not want to do. If you don't want to spar at a hard level, he would not make you. It is your choice.

I can't even begin to imagine that kind of situation. Mainly because I put a lot of trust in the people I train with. I would feel betrayed, and probably never train there again.

However, if there is some anger management issue or chemical imbalance like KJ mentioned, I would try to get him to seek some professional help. I have met a few people in my time who have these sorts of problems, and it is truly sad. Most of the time they cannot help what they are doing because they are so screwed up. If they choose not to seek professional help, then you must move on. Its hard in the real world sometimes.

cheers,
    GF
    http://www.wingchunusa.com

Sao gerk seung siu, mo jit jiu - Hands and feet defend accordingly, there are no secret or unstoppable maneuvers.
    -Yip Man

gfist

[[I can't even begin to imagine that kind of situation. Mainly because I put a lot of trust in the people I train with. I would feel betrayed, and probably never train there again.]]

exactly ,
    dude i'm all hugs and smiles man but if you break the code of respect and human decentcy

it's time to get ghetto
    i treat a dog like a dog if he can't help biting people put him to sleep

i just don't need to be all nice about it
    If the truth hurts , then you will feel the pain

Do not follow me, because if you do, you will lose both me and yourself....but if you follow yourself, you will find both me and yourself

You sound rather pompous Ernie! -- by Yung Chun
    http://wslglvt.com

There's no excuse for that kind of behavior from a SIFU for gosh sake! No, I don't care what level of skill that sifu has, he does not deserve to be an instructor. Leave now and find someone who doesn't have a screw loose!

Vio
    Where abouts in the UK do you train?
    Would it happen to be in North London by any chance?
    The Tottenham area maybe?
    Last edited by Martin Foot; 05-26-2004 at 06:34 AM.
    Fat Boyz Fight Skool

Sifu shmifu

Your Sifu is a sad loser.
    If you have any sense you will leave.

TheBlackDragons Guest

dddd

Forget that guy,,he is a crappy teacher ,,, If i ws a Teacah I would go in and wipe the floor with him thenn , invite his class mates to my school

Originally posted by Martin Foot
    Vio
    Where abouts in the UK do you train?
    Would it happen to be in North London by any chance?
    The Tottenham area maybe?
    I train in Bedfordshire UK.

Yea sometimes his temper changes are very sudden and unexpected. No one was expecting this to happen.
    Last edited by Vio; 05-26-2004 at 11:54 AM.

mabye hes on roids?
    Travis

structure in motion