Thread: Kicking training

Talking Kicking training

Hello
    I was wondering which training methods you guys thought were best to improve your kicks ?
    I heard that the guy at the end of the drunken master with jackie chan in it (who does 70%feet n 30% hands ) , I heard that he only kicks air and never practices on bags and things and he also said that you dont need to practice on bags when the times comes you will know how hard to kick and hes a great kicker if you have ever seen him ....... enough rambling now
    So any ideas
    ...Thanks..
    [+?] J [Empty Your Mind]

Hi - the guy you describe is a TKD guy. They are known for kicking in the air. However, I think his legs are pretty skinny, although he is an awesome kicker.

Personally I think performing a 1000 kicks in the air - with a mix of kicks, some straight-legged (stretch) and some dynamic so you don't wear out your joints, a few times a week is good, also to be supplemented with bag/airshield work, and some other strength training for the legs is ideal.

You will not get used to kicking something if you never kick anything. Kicking the air is different from kicking a bag or a person. One provides immediate feedback and a shock through your body, and the other doesn't.

It's kind of like punching. If you only do air punches, you probably won't have much power when you actually have to hit something. Your wrist and stuff won't be used to the force and may buckle.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

good kicks = kick the bag + kick the pads + kick people.....
    "pain is not my enemy; it is my call to greatness. " - Henry Rollins

Baltimore San Shou

WWW.NLPF.NET

“The only undefeated fighters are those who do not compete.” – Coach Sonnon, MMA.tv

Suntzu has formulated an equation equivalent to the Correct Law of Kicking.
    BreakProof Back® Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

If want to develop good kicks, kick someone and see if it works.
    Bao Tran, Certified CST Coach
    www.cstwarrior.typepad.com
    Your Success is our Success

You will not get used to kicking something if you never kick anything. Kicking the air is different from kicking a bag or a person. One provides immediate feedback and a shock through your body, and the other doesn't.

It's kind of like punching. If you only do air punches, you probably won't have much power when you actually have to hit something. Your wrist and stuff won't be used to the force and may buckle.
    I agree - I feel its best to do a little of both, making sure your technique is spot on with air practise and making sure your form is strong with bag work....something like that
    Visit the Site -
    www.buddha-fist.com

I think , kicking the air is good for improving stamina and practising the techniques of the kick.

But for kicking in "the reality" , you have to practise with a bag ...etc. . It´s a big difference between the two kinds of exercise and both have their advantages and disadvantages .
    Yee Faat Sau Gung