Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hs anyone learned Spm From Roger Hagood

an old kung fu bother of mine,

Its been a while since we last talked, interesting to know that he is china now.

I would characterized him as an old school teacher with some real kung fu skills to share.
    enjoy life

He just released his "Two Man Sambojin" book. The pics in the book are pics he had already posted on his website. Nothing new...except the package and the price. ;-)

-jo

And when was the last time you did anything?

Ahh, right. Never.

Stop the yapping.
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

Dale, you are touting his books.

I gave a book review.

-jo

5. Hi all,

Although I haven't learnt SPM from Mr Hagood,I have found him to be a very courteous person in his e-mail correspondence.He has also spent the last 10 years in Pingshan,China,training,meeting and documenting the SPM of the Old masters (many who have since passed)and generally preserving a lot of material that may otherwise have been lost. All this is available on his Chinamantis website.

I've also seen a private video of his crossing hands with and defeating a Chinese Master at the masters school,this video was shared by another SPM brother.

The video course he offers on Jook Lum is very comprehensive and detailed,and while you really cant learn SPM from videos,if you have prior experience and with hard work you can obtain a certain amount of body knowledge which you can later have corrected from a teacher.If you have trained dilligently,the period of correction will not be long or extensive.
    The "Old" Yang style of Taiji
    Hakka Southern Praying Mantis Kung Fu

I Have Sifu Hagood's book, 18 Buddha hands.
    As usual Sifu Hagood puts a lot of detail in regards to history and tradition of Jook Lum SPM, there are many pictures in the book of the various hand formations (defensive and offensive) the stances, the poem that go with each, points to be made for each technique or position or stance.
    It is an introductory book, not a training manual and one will most certainly NOT be able to learn SPM from it BUT it does give a person an idea of the 19 hand formations in Jook Lum SPM.
    There are not real applications and no hint of how SPM works in a fight BUT that is NOT the focus of the book.
    In short, a good book that gives a basic introduction to a part of the JL SPM curriculum as Sifu Hagood learned it from Sifu Louie Jack Man.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by Pakua4581 View Post
    Hi all,

Although I haven't learnt SPM from Mr Hagood,I have found him to be a very courteous person in his e-mail correspondence.He has also spent the last 10 years in Pingshan,China,training,meeting and documenting the SPM of the Old masters (many who have since passed)and generally preserving a lot of material that may otherwise have been lost. All this is available on his Chinamantis website.

I've also seen a private video of his crossing hands with and defeating a Chinese Master at the masters school,this video was shared by another SPM brother.

The video course he offers on Jook Lum is very comprehensive and detailed,and while you really cant learn SPM from videos,if you have prior experience and with hard work you can obtain a certain amount of body knowledge which you can later have corrected from a teacher.If you have trained dilligently,the period of correction will not be long or extensive.
    Wow, I wish all these resources existed for Bak Mei Pai...
    I was on the metro earlier, deep in meditation, when a ruffian came over and started causing trouble. He started pushing me with his bag, steadily increasing the force until it became very annoying. When I turned to him, before I could ask him to stop, he immediately started hurling abuse like a scoundrel. I performed a basic chin na - carotid artery strike combination and sent him to sleep. The rest of my journey was very peaceful, and passersby hailed me as a hero - Warrior Man