Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Cowardice vs. Sheeplike stupidity

In essence, if you're not liberal and support their fu(ked up ideals, you're for the "dark side". Just had to clarify that since KC was trying to be cute in his post.
    Be nice to your enemy is to be cruel to yourself. - Master Wang (Combat Shuai Chiao) from the EmptyFlower forums.

To locate, close with, and destroy the enemy by
    fire and maneuver, or repel the enemy's assault by fire and close combat. ~ Mission of the Marine Rifle Company

What is best in life? To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women!

Stacey Guest
    Yes Phrost I have sparred a lot under NHB rules, and under less restrictive conditions. This is sparring, not violence. I have lived in and around very violent neighborhoods and family situations. I know violence, I know what terror is and I know a tryrant when I see one.

I really don't understand a libertarian backing bush. I am in many ways conservative and have strong leanings toward libertarianism, but what good can come of Bush's agenda?

If you see some actual good in it please point it out to me. It seems like he's fanning the flames of fear to create a smokescreen in which he can do whatever he wants to.

As for tax cuts to the rich, thats an economic approach and I won't claim to know if thats good or not. His approach on terrorism and foreign policy is dangerous for the whole world.

As for Brazil being left wing. The whole world is more left wing than the US aristocracy right now. In fact, I find it curious that most professors and educated people are strongly left leaning.

PS...Phrost writes as though he's intelligent, thats why I'm asking for his side on the subject.. I'm changing my signature.

I am in many ways conservative and have strong leanings toward libertarianism, but what good can come of Bush's agenda?

BS. I call you on it. I may be wrong, but I've NEVER seen you post ANYTHING remotely close to being conservative. What conservative viewpoints do you adhere to?
    Be nice to your enemy is to be cruel to yourself. - Master Wang (Combat Shuai Chiao) from the EmptyFlower forums.

fire and maneuver, or repel the enemy's assault by fire and close combat. ~ Mission of the Marine Rifle Company

What is best in life? To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women!

Originally posted by Phrost
    Would you punch a guy that was attempting to rape your wife? Would you go fight in war if you knew the cause was just, such as in WWII?

If so, you're not the type of peacenick I'm after.
    I'd answer yes to both of the above. If I feel it is just and necessary, I am willing to fight, maim, be maimed, or die for this country wherein I have so many freedoms and opportunities.
    It would be immoral of me not to.

However, it would also be immoral of me to do the above things if I knew my actions were for something less than just and less than necessary. Therefore, refraining from participating in those events I feel are less than just and less than necessary is, in my philosophical, moral, and logical frame of reasoning, is moral.

I love this country, and have the utmost love and respect for each and every man, woman, boy and girl that has shed blood, sweat, and tears to preserve it. It is a disgrace to use these amazing people for anything aside from the preservation and protection of this Union.

Mad, Mad props to you, Phrost, for serving our country. Thanks.

I will close with two quotes which always come to mind when I have the misfortune of catching the news:

Originally posted by James Madison, 1751-1836
    I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations.
    Originally posted by John Quincy Adams, 1767-1848
    America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own.
    peace
    BreakProof BackŪ Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

Originally posted by YinYangDagger
    In essence, if you're not liberal and support their fu(ked up ideals, you're for the "dark side". Just had to clarify that since KC was trying to be cute in his post.
    Lovely. The difference between your post and mine is that I placed no value judgement on being conservative, but stated the reality that the republican party is not often actively conservative, whereas Phrost and people like him are. It was a complement to a friend, kind sir, from a liberal to someone more conservative, by the texbook usage if not the modern one. If you cannot take good natured ribbing to your politics, take midol instead.

Also, I never even intimated that Phrost was for the "dark side", wingnut. I believe I even called him a good person.

I guess since much of my political reading right now is on Zel Miller and J.C. Watts, both topics recommended to me by a conservative friend, I must be simply researching them to debunk one's position and aid anothers, eh? I couldn't possibly find that competence, insite, and wisdom comes more from individuals with those traits, as opposed to whatever party you're backing, eh?

Try reading the words I actually said before trying to put words in my mouth. In short:

if you're not liberal and support their fu(ked up ideals, you're for the "dark side".

is what I said when I was saying that someone who on the spectrum is more conservative than me by a longshot is a good person, because the average reader can't tell that Phrost and I know each other, since I'm the admin at his website, and maybe respect each others opinion while being able to take a good natured ribbing.

and

Just had to clarify that since KC was trying to be cute in his post

means someone needs ben and jerries and perhaps should lighten up. It's okay, those pants don't make your arse look fat.
    Last edited by KC Elbows; 05-30-2004 at 12:56 PM.
    I would use a blue eyed, blond haired Chechnyan to ruin you- Drake on weapons

In otherwords,

tax cuts on the national heavily backed by GOP members followed by tax hikes on the state level with substantial GOP support /= small government, but does = big state government

government involvement in marriage, gay or not, most recently largely spearheaded by some in the GOP/= small government.

However, there is almost nothing in phrost's description of libertarianism that is outside of the original definition of conservatism, as opposed to the revisionist modern one.

That's all I was saying. Sorry to make you think I thought negatively of the concept of conservatism, I should have made clear I was talking about party line republicans(which I did). I don't think highly of party line democrats anymore either, but you can ignore that if that makes it easier to fly off the handle, yinyangdagger. Flying off the handle appears to be part of the party line of both parties online, so congrats, you've paid your dues. You'll never need hear criticism again. Have fun in your little bubble. You'd make a great democrat.

I'm quickly starting to think that one get sh1t done party might be better than two freak out at the first site of honest criticism parties.

Also, I don't think Xebs should breed, but it is unimportant, as he has not bred yet, and will likely not breed in the near future. I do feel his people should breed, whatever people that is(brazilians?), but only Xebs himself should be singled out for this punishment. I would appreciate that this not be eronneously listed as racism in any signatures, since Xebs is not a race unto himself, but instead would prefer it be called Xebsism. This program shouldn't require any outside influence or governmental pressure, provided that at no time are there 65 year old female virgins in brazil, which, at present, there aren't.

Nature will take care of the rest.

KC - since you put it that way, I apologize. Yes, I do get all worked up over this crap. It's because it's something I believe in quite heavily. I couldn't read the clarification you provided in your one post I was replying to. When I make a mistake, I'm the first to apologize.

Have fun in your little bubble. ~ Sometimes I wish I COULD be in one.

You'd make a great democrat. ~ I'd rather be called anything but that. But I guess you said that to really offend me

government involvement in marriage, gay or not, most recently largely spearheaded by some in the GOP ~ And I support the GOP on this 110%

Also, I never even intimated that Phrost was for the "dark side", wingnut ~ I can live with that name, just not being called democrat

means someone needs ben and jerries and perhaps should lighten up ~ More partial to Blue Bell

No, you're supposed to flame back.

Liberal.

Liberal.

You're right, that's even worse. Now I have to take action. Either 1) I'll hire a group of Ninja to hunt down you and your family to whipe out your clan or 2) Commit hara kiri.

Dayum. Can't do either one

1. Ninja - don't have any money and I hear Stephen Hayes is expensive

2. Can't commit hara kiri because that would be letting too many people off easy. Gotta stick around for the fight.

So, I'll just ignore the liberal comment and live and let live.

I dont think John Quincy Adams had ever dreamt of someone named Hitler exterminating people wholesale. We were isolationists until WW2. If people want to blame America for how we act today, go stick it to some Neo-Nazi or something.
    "If you and I agree all the time, then one of us is unnecessary."

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
    - William G. McAdoo

Against stupidity, even the Gods contend in vain...

Originally posted by Losttrak
    I dont think John Quincy Adams had ever dreamt of someone named Hitler exterminating people wholesale. We were isolationists until WW2. If people want to blame America for how we act today, go stick it to some Neo-Nazi or something.
    Indeed. However, we didn't get into WWII to stop Hitler.

Oh, here is another quote which often surfaces when I hear of the unAmerican questioning of the abridged freedoms were currently enjoy.

Originally posted by Benjamin Franklin
    They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

xebby is no more, his creator dwells elsewhere
    da.mn you KC!!
    Thats it, im donating my sperm
    "If you're havin girl problems i feel bad for you son
    I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one"

"If you can't respect that your whole perspective is wack
    Maybe you'll love me when i fade to black"

http://www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=OQSURMO&key=FMA

I doubt the panhandlers will appreciate your gesture, Xebs, no matter how well-meaning you are.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.