Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Cowardice vs. Sheeplike stupidity

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Meat Shake

War has little to do with being a warrior.
    Warrior n One who is engaged aggressively or energetically in an activity, cause, or conflict: EX: neighborhood warriors fighting against developers.

Cited from dictionary.com

Many dictionarys contain useage of the word including non standard English. In other words, how it is used even in the wrong sense.
    The word conspire is a good example. You have to have someone else to conspire with so co- conspirator is rather silly. Why not just fellow consipirator?
    Another example is to mispronounce words. A person's strong point is thier forte. Did you know the forte is the first 1/3 of a sword? It is the strongest part of a sword, its strong point. Forte' however, means to play loud. For the last twenty years or so some people have been saying forte' when they should have been saying forte (for tay when it should have been fort) when refering to someone's strong point. You will find it now listed with both pronuciations. Look it up in a older dictionary.
    I suppose you could make the arguement about war as in the football game is going to be a real war next Sunday. Does this mean you are for wars now? Of course not.
    A third example would be how the word it self changes completly. Tawdry used to mean the best. If I said your girlfriend was tawdry you would infer that she was cheap and if she is dating you....well let's leave it at that.
    VOTE FOR PEDRO '08

Ever notice how virtually everyone agrees that 95% of all traditional schools are crap, but NOBODY ever admits to being in that 5%? Don't judge... your skill may suck also...
    Quote from SevenStar

Just call me the Shaolin Do Wet Blanket. Gene Ching

Originally posted by Xebsball
    da.mn you KC!!
    Thats it, im donating my sperm
    Don't worry KC, he can't impregnant his socks.
    VOTE FOR PEDRO '08

Ever notice how virtually everyone agrees that 95% of all traditional schools are crap, but NOBODY ever admits to being in that 5%? Don't judge... your skill may suck also...
    Quote from SevenStar

Just call me the Shaolin Do Wet Blanket. Gene Ching

Stacey Guest
    yyd.

no gun control

the idea of small government

thats how I'm conservative.

not bad Stacey, you hit one of my pet peeves with Dems on the head...thanks for clarifying....
    Be nice to your enemy is to be cruel to yourself. - Master Wang (Combat Shuai Chiao) from the EmptyFlower forums.

To locate, close with, and destroy the enemy by
    fire and maneuver, or repel the enemy's assault by fire and close combat. ~ Mission of the Marine Rifle Company

What is best in life? To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women!

Arrow The True Actions of Political Ideologies

Democrats = Suxors
    Republicans = Suxors
    Independents = Suxors
    Liberals = Suxors
    Conservatives = Suxors
    Moderates = Suxors
    To quote the great and powerful Chris Rock, if you make your mind up before you hear the issue, you is a *******.

To have beliefs to which you cling, that is necessary. To be loyal to that stance, even when "opposing" views and actions would prove superior, is sofa king we todd did. It's lazy to attach yourself to this, that, or even the other.

Oh, and don't be a hippy, because hippies suxors.
    BreakProof BackŪ Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

Meanwhile, YYD is praying for the draft to be enacted and looking forward to killing people and robbing foreign merchants. Doesn't that just make ya' proud to be an American?
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

Yeah, not to mention raping little boys, because 'to the victors the spoils'.

The historical precedents with the samurai, the Romans, Greeks and probably countless Catholic crusaders and of course priests through the ages makes it alright.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

We Don't Really Know

The fact is that war is big business. Every war, yes even the ones that supposedly were fought "to defeat evil, and preserve our way of life", were much more about money and power than they were moral high ground. I do not agree with what we are doing in the Middle East. IMO it is about controlling the oil rights than it is about fighting terrorism. I do however hope and pray for the safe return of the men and women that are putting their a$$es on the line. It doesn't matter if they believe in what they're fighting for, or simply doing what they're paid to do. Not all of them are commiting the attrocities that the media just can't quit dwelling on. War has never been pretty, and it never will be. Anyone who thinks the Iraqis aren't doing the same kind of sick sh!t to our soldiers who were captured is deluding themselves. The difference? The Iraqi soldiers didn't end up on every international media outlet being portrayed as sickos. It was US soldiers who leaked the photos and videos. Duh! If you're going to do something you wouldn't want the whole world to know about...don't photograph and video tape it. Why has there not been a video of Iraqis torturing our guys? They weren't dumb enough to make one. I am in no way condoning this type of behavior. The fact that it has gone on for centuries does not make it right. No matter what you think of war, our leaders, or the Iraqi people, don't turn your back on those who are dying. This is just my two cents. You may hit me with the napalm when ready. Peace.
    "Repugnant is a creature that would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of it's fleeting time here." - Tool

www.bentmonk.com

Well, there was that video of those Iraqis slowly cutting that guy's head off while he screamed in agony.
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

Re: We Don't Really Know

Originally posted by BentMonk
    Every war, yes even the ones that supposedly were fought "to defeat evil, and preserve our way of life", were much more about money and power than they were moral high ground.
    This sort of remark is something I see commonly, but I'm not entirely clear on the logic behind it.

For any event, say a war, we can agree that there are certain actions (A), which will have certain consequences (C). While given to certain dispute resulting from various levels of knowledge and standards of judgement, these things can generally be discussed objectively.

In addition, for any event, say a war, there also exist motivations (M). It should be noted that there exist many motivations, since groups may agree on the same As and seeks the same Cs while having different Ms. Unlike the As and Cs, Ms can't be discussed objectively. We may rely on some extent to people's self-reports of their Ms, but this is quite limited - particularly when such people's honesty is in dispute, as is typically the case for politicians and other figures in world affairs.

This creates a problem if we are to judge a certain event based on Ms. In response to this problem, I ask - why should we care at all about Ms, provided we care no less, in so doing, about As and Cs?

There are clearly people who claim to agree with the As and Cs of this event (the war) yet conclude an ultimate disagreement which hangs entirely on Ms which they themselves impute in order to disagree. The vacuousness of this approach seems obvious when observed in this manner. If we limit ourselves to objective analyses of the events, this fallacy is avoided.

Re: We Don't Really Know

Originally posted by BentMonk
    I do however hope and pray for the safe return of the men and women that are putting their a$$es on the line.
    **** skippy. These people, those who serve honorably and do not commit those inhuman attrocities, they deserve more than we can give them. Absolutely amazing people serving the US.

And that doesn't change when their C.I.C. is worthless. It just makes their sacrifices even more tragic than they already were.
    BreakProof BackŪ Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

Amen to that, Vash. Too friggin' tragic!
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

Originally posted by Phrost
    If you don't like fighting, then give me one, rational reason why you practice punching and kicking?

Just one.

I'll give you 5

1. My wife
    2, 3. My sons
    4. My safety
    5. my health

this is the very first political thread i have ever read.

this is the very last political thread i will ever read.
    where's my beer?

Originally posted by Water Dragon

I'll give you 5

1. My wife
    2, 3. My sons
    4. My safety
    5. my health
    Ok.

Saddam sends $10M to Al Qaeda who spends it on training people to fly airplanes and other such ventures.

Not your problem.

Six months later, the pilot crashes an explosives laden private plane into a nuclear reactor, wiping out 100 sq miles of a state in which you don't live, killing thousands of your countrymen.

Not your problem.

The power grid for the area goes out, causing that state's economy to collapse.

Not your problem.

Unfortunately, a few members of your company's board of directors take a major hit financially as a result, and decide to sell your company off in pieces.

Still not your problem?

You get laid off, and because the economic burden of the now radioactive state is being shared across the nation, you cannot find work in your chosen field.

Your problem?