Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Anti-Chin Na?

great book right, phrost. I plan on picking up Taiji Chin Na after I spend some time with this one...Any input as to how to escape said move if your unlucky enough to have it applied to you?
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

Originally posted by CaptinPickAxe
    you grab the fingers pushing them back. As you step in, you push the elbow up and and force the arm behind thier back. the other hand grabs the hair or the trap or the neck or so one. Basically you have thier arm behind their back and another hand free to grab specific points.

heres a pic:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0940...43#reader-link

I may be wrong, but I think in that case I'd probably throw him over my shoulder or go into a roll if he didn't have control of my spine....chin na counters chin na...yes...but so do other things...I guess it would depend on where and how he was positioned exactly after he executed his move

Originally posted by blooming lotus

I may be wrong, but I think in that case I'd probably throw him over my shoulder or go into a roll if he didn't have control of my spine....chin na counters chin na...yes...but so do other things...I guess it would depend on where and how he was positioned exactly after he executed his move
    Sorry, I am having trouble picturing this counter. So your opponent locks your fingers and locks your arm up your back. How would you throw them over your shoulder or execute a roll from there?
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

especially w/o breaking every bone in the locked arm...its designed to break bone and tear ligament form bone...I think I'd tap out...or beg for the safety of my arm.
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

I've been practicing two chin na moves and racking my brain on how to get out of them. Its fairly simple stopping the advancing application (@50% speed, and with the theory Count pointed out), but still no ideas as how to get out except for profusely appoligizing to the superior Chin Na practioner. I've decided I'm gonna work White Crane Bores the Bush and Small Finger Hook and thier variations untill I've gotten them pretty good. Adding two at a time, untill I'm done with the book.
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

Originally posted by joedoe

Sorry, I am having trouble picturing this counter. So your opponent locks your fingers and locks your arm up your back. How would you throw them over your shoulder or execute a roll from there?
    don't have alot of time now, but like I said, it would depend on where opponents balance was...maybe you could get access to something else..............again, pending where he was..everyone executes a little differently so you use what's available

in THAT pic?

there are three parts to any throw's execution - and that guy doesn't have any of them accomplished. PLUS, he's in a compromising position:

1. his head is going backwards - his balance is gone

2. the locker has full balance.

3. there is too much distance between them

4. the lockee doesn't have any type of leverage established

5. the angle is wrong for a shoulder throw.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Yeah, be ready to lose some hair.

This is a hammerlock, basically, from wrestling. And in order to get out, you're going to have to turn and face him as you try and straighten your arm.

Which way do you turn? The good news is this one's obvious. You turn in the direction that takes the pressure off the arm
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

why are you even arguing with her...

These are great. Thanks. Poor dude getting chin na'd right away on the first one.

pah-leeze

bunch of kung fu people trying to steal wrestling's hammer-lock.
    Tai Chi is

Re: Anti-Chin Na?

Originally posted by CaptinPickAxe
    If I made the mistake of letting myself be put in these locks, how would I go about getting out of these.
    I know you asked for a book... but if you're looking for some training on this, finding a push hands group (per those mpegs) may be useful. Especially the Chen style groups often put alot of emphasis on neutralizing these sorts of attacks. Many of the "silk reeling" drills teach an excellent mechanic for this.

Re: pah-leeze

Originally posted by Shooter
    rofl

Man, some of those remarks on MMA.TV are sad. It seems these people sincerely believe no one thought to spar or wrestle until this century.

LOL!!

I'm going to steal snake creeps down to make up for it!
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

Re: Re: pah-leeze

Originally posted by Christopher M

It seems these people sincerely believe no one thought to spar or wrestle until this century.
    They didn't....did they?
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter