Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Master Shr Zhengzhong Pong Lai USA Seminar

mediocrity

i agree with yu shan, trade shifts with someone or something, you don't get many chances to train with someone of master shr's caliber. He is a great guy, treats you like one of the guys, will stay up all night and talk kung fu and show you whatever you ask. Trust me, you will learn more in one weekend than you will in many years of training.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    Is anyone going to stay the entire week?

I'm trying to work out how to come down and just stay.
    might not happen but that's what I'm going to try for.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

After talking to yu shan today I checked my schedule. I had planned to be in Atlanta the weekend of July 10th and Arlington the weekend of July 17th. I may be able to get out of the first weekend commitment, but not the second. Master Shr sounds amazing and I would honor the chance to meet him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Oso

I`m staying the whole week. Shrfu Burroughs is coming in and wants to split a room as well as others. 18-Elders has someone looking into rooms and cost. Food will be cheap... hope you like Puerto Rican/Cuban cuisine. Smart man Judge Pen.
    I am still a student practicing - Wang Jie Long

"Don`t Taze Me Bro"

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    so, is staying at the school not an option?
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

I will try and talk with my super to see if I cant work my 18 (im only part time) through the week to come down for a weekend or so. No promises... it's a factory job.

Gentlemen,
    I would like to offer accomadations at my school if anyone is interested. My school is in Plant City which is about 40 minutes drive from Shrfu Scolaro's school. My school is in a plaza and has many restaurants in the plaza area. As long as you don't mind sleeping on training mats and driving to Tampa it might save everyone some money. If anyone is interested let me know. Take care.

Xiao Tang Lang

Thank you brother, every little bit helps. What is your proximity to Valrico/Brandon? Can you give me the streets that cross nearest you? I ask because my parents live in Brandon. From Valrico Road and Hwy 60, give me directions.

"Don`t Taze Me Bro"

my old school

xiao Tang Lang,
    You bring back the memories.
    When I first started training with shrfu I slept in the school's changing room on a slab of wood.
    This lasted for about one and a half years.
    Everynight of class people came thru my "bedroom" to use the bathroom and you know people don't have good accuracy after just finishing class.

When students visited we all slept on the tatami's and everone had to share 1 bathroom.
    It had running water, but only cold.
    To take a shower we had a pail of water that we dumped on our head.

In the winter it was painful to take an ice cold bucket bath. If you wanted hot you could wait till spring though.

Sometimes it was tough(the wait in line ) as we had to wash our clothes in the sink too.
    It is not your modern MA villa either, there was a huge hole in the wall where the Taiwan mosquitos poured in each night to drain me of my essence.

I must have been quite dense as I recall it took me many months before I started trying to patch up the whole For some reason that didn't help though.

I'm going to try to be there. I can only make one of the weekends so I'll be interested to hear if yu shan finds out what will be taught.

Xiao Tang Lang, thank you. I'll crash wherever there is space for me.

I've put a lot of thought into this opportunity, but I can't back out of my commitment on July 10th either. I had previously made plans to work out with a kung fu brother in Atlanta and meet his sifu and sigung, and I should honor that commitment. I'm sure Master Shr will be amazing and I can't wait to hear all about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Ming Yue

Check the seminar update thread.

"Don`t Taze Me Bro"