Thread: Tong Bi on Shi De Cheng Video

Tong Bi on Shi De Cheng Video

Which Tong Bi Chuan is on Shi De Cheng's video? Xiao, Da, or something else?
    Blah, blah, blah...

Can you post a link to the VCD?
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

Sorry, I don't have it on VCD. I have two versions on VHS: one by Shi De Cheng from his three volume set and one by Shi Yan Ming from an old video done by Fire and Rain Productions (he also did ones on Xiao Lohan and Monk Spade). Shi De Cheng three videos are quite good, with 18 basic movement, qigong, weapons, forms (hong chuan, lianhuan chuan, etc). The form starts with a block to the left and a punch turning to the left rising and bring both feet together, then stepping back into "ride the tiger", etc.
    When I look at the VCDs out there of Tong Bei there are roughly a million (give or take about a million or so---just crazy the amount of VCDs out there). I have no idea which version it is just by the cover art.
    Blah, blah, blah...

Oh, OK, I was just thinking someone might be able to help via the coverart... Like decipher the characters and such.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

A good idea, but unfortunetly the only characters on the Shi De Cheng video are shao lin tong bei chuan and on the Shi Yan Ming video they are just tong bei chuan.
    Blah, blah, blah...

Im going to guess here...

..I'm assuming that you're talking about Shi Decheng's Fecher Verlag videos (Austrian) and not the Association Kung Fu Devloppement series (French). I think the Tongbei on that is what is commonly called the xiao, but I'm not a 100% sure, so don't quote me on that. I can't remember if it's even on the other series.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

The series I have is the Fecher Verlag one dubbed in English. I thought that this one is xiao tong bei, but since I haven't seen any other tong bei forms, I don't have a point of comparison. Thanks for the the help none the less.
    Blah, blah, blah...