Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xanda on DVD.....

Xanda on DVD.....

"pain is not my enemy; it is my call to greatness. " - Henry Rollins

Baltimore San Shou

WWW.NLPF.NET

“The only undefeated fighters are those who do not compete.” – Coach Sonnon, MMA.tv

Sweeeeeeeeet...

I posted my review of Liu Chia Liang's "Drunken Monkey" down in Martial Media a few days ago, if anyone's interested in that one. Precis - dude, it RAWKS!
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

i've been slippin on my martial arts movies lately........ Druken Monkey is definitly one that i want to pick up...... plus with the flood of Shaw Bros. movies...... i'm never gonna be able to keep a dollar.....

Baltimore San Shou

WWW.NLPF.NET

“The only undefeated fighters are those who do not compete.” – Coach Sonnon, MMA.tv

Suntzu

Thinking about picking up the Duke Roufus vids.
    Between those, the John Brown set, and the ones from Title; I think we should be busy for a while.
    Definitely wanna see Drunken Monkey and Xanda.
    I have most of the shaw flix already.
    i also have about 20 or 30 blank tapes.
    methinks we need to start up the recordin process
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

Yeah, honestly, these days I'm feeling the old westerns and suspense thrillers a little more than the chop sockey.

Here's what I rented for the weekend:

The Holcroft Covenant ('85) - dir. John Frankenheimer, starring Michael Caine

The Desperate Hours ('55) - dir. William Wyler, starring Bogie and Fredric March

The Big Country ('58) - dir. William Wyler, starring Gregory Peck and Charlton Heston

and uh...

Jabberwocky ('77) - dir. Terry Gilliam, starring Michael Palin. Hey, laughs are important, too!
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

i'm talking SB on DVD REMASTERED and in WIDESCREEN(a/vphile... or would be if i could afford it )..... thats that ish right there...... Xanda (in dts!!!)is on its way to the house now..... i ordered a Ramon Dekker dvd with alot of his fights.... and STILL gotta pay BGE so they can get of my a$$......

Baltimore San Shou

WWW.NLPF.NET

It's true. Pan-n-scan is totally owned by widescreen.
    Crippled Avenger

Like I said, I got the remastered wide screen dvds.
    But I understand if you'd rather have your own dvds instead of dubs.

gotta see the xanda and the dekker vid

Did u ever see my bas rutten tapes?
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

Like I said, I got the remastered wide screen dvds.

But I understand if you'd rather have your own dvds instead of dubs.
    one of these days.....
    Did u ever see my bas rutten tapes?
    sho'll didn't.......
    It's true. Pan-n-scan is totally owned by widescreen.
    true-er words have never been spoken.....

Baltimore San Shou

WWW.NLPF.NET

Wow! They had a wide-screen VCD of Disciples of the 36th Chamber (AKA MasterKiller III). I've never seen it on anything except a Region 3 DVD, so I haven't been able to watch it.

I ordered it with much haste.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

region free players are pimp....... envy me

Baltimore San Shou

WWW.NLPF.NET

Crippled Avenger

Most modern players can be made region-free - check out http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks
    Cut the tiny testicles off of both of these rich, out-of-touch sumbiches, crush kill and destroy the Electoral College, wipe clean from the Earth the stain of our corrupt politicians, and elect me as the new president. --Vash

That is pretty cheap. Still, I don't know if I want to buy another DVD player just to watch a few movies. There aren't a whole lot of Region 3 DVDs I want. Disciples of 36th Chamber just happened to be one I've been looking for to complete my MasterKiller collection.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Well, it works just as well for every other disc I've tried with it (region 0, CDs, CD-r, CD-rw, mp3 cd) so you could ditch the old one and make the malata your primary.

Plus its so CUTE and LITTLE!
    Crippled Avenger