Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Xanda on DVD.....

Yeah, but my Sony DVD player works so well my Sony Wega TV, Sony Stereo, Sony Direct TV Reciever, and Sony VCR.

1 remote to rule them all.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

i have an older Malata and it is HUGE........ now i envy u......
    "pain is not my enemy; it is my call to greatness. " - Henry Rollins

Baltimore San Shou

WWW.NLPF.NET

“The only undefeated fighters are those who do not compete.” – Coach Sonnon, MMA.tv

I get all my stuff on vcd because it's cheap. I just have a regular dvd player. The ong Bak vcd looks incredible.

I have Xanda vcd too. It's great as well. Vcd's don't have any bonus stuff though. See Xanda and Ong Bak however you can
    I do not ever see Sifu do anything that could be construed as a hula dancer- hasayfu

vcds also doesn't have dts......... they are cool if its a movie i'm suspect about or can't get it any other way...... they are the fat chicks of audio/visual.....

Baltimore San Shou

WWW.NLPF.NET

“The only undefeated fighters are those who do not compete.” – Coach Sonnon, MMA.tv

Originally posted by Suntzu
    vcds also doesn't have dts......... they are cool if its a movie i'm suspect about or can't get it any other way...... they are the fat chicks of audio/visual.....
    VHS is the fat chick of A/V.

VCDs are more like the almost cute girl, with the 80s hair, and the white leather boots with tassels, that you wouldn't mind fizzucking as long as your friends don't see you with her.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Originally posted by jun_erh
    I get all my stuff on vcd because it's cheap. I just have a regular dvd player. The ong Bak vcd looks incredible.

I have Xanda vcd too. It's great as well. Vcd's don't have any bonus stuff though. See Xanda and Ong Bak however you can
    Are the VCDs on multiple discs? I have a pet peeve about swapping out discs.

Xanda on DVD

We now carry Xanda on DVD
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

This is the kind of thing that really makes me long for some disposable income...
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

pretty good movie.... it kinda goes off on some other journey for a few.... but it's pretty good.... but how do you make a movie about San Da and only show like 2 sidekicks...... good throws though..... Tsui Hark should have directed it.... but the other dude did an OK job......

Baltimore San Shou

WWW.NLPF.NET

To be perfectly honest...

...I was let down by this movie. I expected a lot more from the fight choreography with three real top Sanda fighters. Actually, the movie has a good story and some fine character development, but I felt the ending didn't really work. I did like the way it captured the look and feel of mainland China, the difference between countryside and city. It really bothers me that they spelled it Xanda - the Chinese characters for the title are sanda. Reminds me of Xiaolin Showdown
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

the fight scenes were a bit.... i don't know... off... the fight at the restaurant was cool tho.... upon 2nd and 3rd viewing i enjoyed it more.... would have loved more training sequences tho..... but it's not like there are an abundence of san da movies to compare it to....

Baltimore San Shou

WWW.NLPF.NET

agreed

I was actually surprised about how much screen presence the three fighter actors had - not so much for the villain (it's easy to play a stereotypic villian in an MA flick) but the lead guys actually turned in a decent performance. Where I felt it lacked was the martial arts/trainin sequences. It was a really good idea - traditional guy gets his butt kicked in sanda, but then resolves his trad. training and becomes a champ - but it just didn't flesh out well for me. Anyway, if you want to support the forum, pick up a copy from MartialArtsMart, or at least tell a friend to do so.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips