Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Training Begins

How useful do you think Kung Fu is, as far as being applicable to real fighting?

Welcome to the forums. For a very unbiased opinion of the above question I suggest you ask the experts over at http://bullshido.com/

Oh, and don't forget to mention how great TaeKwonDo is.

Last edited by YinYangDagger; 06-07-2004 at 06:17 PM.
    Be nice to your enemy is to be cruel to yourself. - Master Wang (Combat Shuai Chiao) from the EmptyFlower forums.

To locate, close with, and destroy the enemy by
    fire and maneuver, or repel the enemy's assault by fire and close combat. ~ Mission of the Marine Rifle Company

What is best in life? To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women!

Despite what some folks may say, they style is a factor. Seeing how most TKD is watered down sh!t, I'd say that the style does matter.

The practioner is a bigger variable, but don't think you take an absolute sh!t style and make it work...
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

Can somebody tell me what's so crappy about TKD?

Originally posted by - Human
    There are a lot of frauds and fake teachers in TKD, that solely teach rubbish to enrich themselves.

Originally posted by - Human
    There is nothing wrong with TKD per se. The problem is that many schools teach bad habits in the interest of pursuing the competition format of TKD and fail to consider the real world applicability of what they teach.

Having said that, I am sure there are good and bad TKD schools out there. Just like there are good and bad Kung Fu schools.
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

It seems that the real good TKD schools are extremely hard to find.

Usually what you get is XMA crap or point sparring B.S. So what you get is two cats hopping around on one leg trying to tap each other in the chest with their foot. You will not learn how to kick ass doing sh!t like this.

its much easier to find a good MMA school (shut up!I respect TMA.) than trying to find legit Kung Fu/Karate/TKD.
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

Depends on what you want to get out of it. Olympic TKD is fine as a sport, some kwan are great for self defense, most kwan though are neither sport or fighting art, more of a combination baby sitting service and aerobics studio.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.