Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: happy b-day to stuart b / apoweyn

happy b-day to stuart b / apoweyn

well, since stuart b isn't really around and it be pretty much inappropriate for him to wish himself a happy birthday, i'll say it for him:

happy birthday, stuart!
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

Didn't he quit the board? I seem to remember him saying that between his illness forcing him to knock off hard training and sparring and the goofy politics and juvenalia on the board he was pretty much writing the whole MA thing off.

Anyway, happy birthday, Squirt, wherever you are.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

yeah, but just in case he's lurking ...

or just in case merry sees this, he can link stuart this way. or at least this'll serve as a reminder for merry to call stuart and say, "happy b-day, ya lousy bum" or something like that.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

I just hope he's not too ill too enjoy Scotch Whisky.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

hbd ap

Happy birthday Stuart!
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

I didn't know Ap left the forum...

Here to him having a happy b day regardless!
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Originally posted by SevenStar
    I didn't know Ap left the forum...

Here to him having a happy b day regardless!
    http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/foru...104#post475104
    "hey pal, you wanna do the dance of destruction with the belle of the ball, just say the word." -apoweyn

Why can't he spar any more?
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

A problem with his kidneys. Sparring will make the problem worse sooner. I think he's still fencing though.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

had no idea he left either...
    jeez.

Originally posted by rogue
    A problem with his kidneys. Sparring will make the problem worse sooner. I think he's still fencing though.
    He's still fencing, and he's started taking BJJ (His wife bought him three months worth of lessons for Valentine's Day. My kinda woman) which is low impact enough that it shouldn't have the kind of adverse effects on his kidneys that striking sparring would.
    "hey pal, you wanna do the dance of destruction with the belle of the ball, just say the word." -apoweyn

hope he can recover - **** that sucks to know someone i kinda know is having such a rough time

Hope he had a good bday anyway

dawood
    Peace is not the product of terror or fear.
    Peace is not the silence of cemeteries.
    Peace is not the silent result of violent repression.
    Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all.
    Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity.
    It is right and it is duty.

Hi guys.

I did "quit" the forum. But it's extraordinarily kind of you guys to take notice of my birthday. And it doesn't seem quite right to ignore it just on the principle of having left this forum.

So I want to thank you for the well wishes. I really appreciate it.

Quick update: I'm still fencing. But I miss empty hand terribly. And the "permissiveness" of other martial arts. So I'm trying to find equipment that might help me continue. I had sort of resolved to let it go for the sake of my health. Start over and all that. But I miss it too much.

So I'm looking into things like the muay thai trainer's vest from Fairtex. See if that offers enough protection to allow me to start sparring again.

And like FD said, I've still got some BJJ classes coming to me, though I haven't taken advantage of them yet.

Thanks again guys. Means a lot.

Stuart
    When you assume, you make an ass out of... pretty much just you, really.

Happy B day bro....

Good luck with whatever training you can get in.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread