Thread: Allergic reactions to Chinese Medicine

Allergic reactions to Chinese Medicine

My girlfriend had a sore throat Saturday morning, and I gave her a Chinese elixer I had with the main ingrediant of elm's bark. Later that day she devoloped a rash and swelling of the lips and hands. Now I have a dog that she may or may not be allergic to as well. Anyone heard of an allergic reaction to elm bark?
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

I have a friend who gets those same symptoms from an allergic reaction to aspirin. Are you sure that's all she took?
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

That's all the medicine that she took. It could have also been the dog, my laundry detergent, my soap, or the Itallian food that we had Friday night. We don't know what caused it, but the Elm's bark is the most suspect (but it did wonders for her sore throat).
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.